Reviews for Masters of Intrigue
AnyMoreBrightIdeasGenius chapter 48 . 3/30
Oh my gosh I love this story so much! The way Artemis and Jarlaxle's relationship progresses is very nice and I am very attached to your OCs. Especially Theros, he's really cool. The way this ended seems to leave room for a sequel, will there be one? I really hope so. Your stories about these two are really good and I really like reading them! Thanks for sharing your writing!
Ale123456 chapter 48 . 3/29
That was a pretty good story. I definitely enjoyed it overall.
With the obvious exception of the male/male romance (as I doubt Salvatore would ever write it), I thought that the story felt overall very canonical in that the basic story flow felt like something Salvatore might write.

Ale123456 chapter 7 . 3/16
I'm definitely enjoying this story so far. You are a really good writer and I enjoy how you write the interactions between these two.
I have become addicted, I think, to reading about happier interactions between the two and hoping for a happier ending than Salvatore provided.

I'm definitely enjoying this story so far. It seems really long too, like it will be a full length story and I love that! It's like I get to read an alternative story from what Salvatore wrote with hopefully a happier ending.

I feel like both seem very in character so far, and I enjoy the conversations between the two.

Thank you for writing this story! :)
Sing chapter 48 . 2/22
I loved this story! Will you be writing more for Entreri and Jarlaxle? Your writing is awesome!
Nuitari Aquarius chapter 48 . 2/19
Loved it! And that reference at the very end, you nailed it!
Hope to see more of those three as their business is being born.
Amanita Virosa-Amaranthus chapter 48 . 2/18
Ahhhhhh! I love it! Love it love it love it! My only regret is it sounds like it's close to - or at - the end. As ridiculous as it is, I don't want this to end (read ever). I know it's not possible, but that doesn't mean I can't dream. Lol. The bantering was perfect, Theros jumped right into it ( likely finding himself comfortable with them since they saved him is my guess), and Artemis seemed to enjoy having someone else to poke fun at Jarlaxle with. :D Artemis is making friends! Yay! I'm kind of curious to see if Kimmuriel gets introduced to Theros, etc. Also largely curious on if Artemis and Jarlaxle's relationship will advance further (healing the scar tissue, Artemis letting Jarlaxle return the favour(big eventuality on that one), etc.)

Sincerely looking forward to your next update, and super sincerely hoping that there's more to come.
Nuitari Aquarius chapter 47 . 2/15
How great a final fight it was! I liked that somehow inequal face-to-face between Vakadi and Entreri. Sharon's Claw powers were well-used and called upon.
My favourite bit is definitely when Artemis claims Jarlaxles as his lover, "forever more". That was great. Anyway, I'm looking forward to reading the following chapter(s).
Amanita Virosa-Amaranthus chapter 47 . 2/15
Hurrah! Absolutely stoked on Vakadi finally being dead! Poor Theros, good bit of a shock to his system I would think to find out that Ali and Nafein were Artemis and Jarlaxle. I'm looking so very very forward to your next update.
Amanita Virosa-Amaranthus chapter 46 . 2/10
*Grins* they're so wonderfully different, and yet so fantastically the same. :D. Liking how you're having Artemis react to his own reactions to Theros. Also, Artemis and Jarlaxle time is always awesome. I had to laugh when Artemis learned of what Jarlaxle was going to call their new to-be group, and Jarlaxle's subsequent horror at finding out the truth about "heroes". :D Lol.

Looking forward to your next update!
dmichelle312 chapter 46 . 2/9
Thank you for another good chapter. Good job. :)
dmichelle312 chapter 45 . 2/5
As one of your faithful readers I say, with no small amount of happiness, "YAY, AN UPDATE!". Another excellent chapter you wrote there. And I pretty much agree with Amanita Virosa-Amaranthus.

"There comes a time when someone asks you to compromise. To break your ideals. To sell out. You say no, and you keep your soul. You say yes and you die. Because after that point, you're not you anymore. You're someone else. There's a hole where your code used to be. And that's the worst danger of all! Because then someone can come along and stuffthat hole with whatever they want, and you become an automaton. A golem. Following pithy orders."

*Nod approvingly* :) That's one of the reasons why I pride myself in being an anti-conformist/free spirit, and an independent thinker. Embracing that part of me was the most healthy, exhilarating and liberating thing I've ever done for myself.

"Independent thinking is the process of making sense of the world based on your own observations and experiences rather than depending on the word of others. It is the ability to trust your own judgments, even if they are not in agreement with what others might say or believe."

"Being an independent thinker means making sense of the world based on your own observations and experiences rather than depending on the word of others."

"An Independent Thinker is one who is not depending on the authority of others and not dependent on others for forming an opinion."

I'm not discounting anything being said, and I like it when people give me a few things to think about, although I pride myself in being an independent thinker, with the ability to think outside the box, and I'm not afraid to question things. I listen to both sides of the argument and then make my own mind and choices, I alone get the last word as to what I choose to think, value, believe, and pursue. Though I am open to other people's arguments and viewpoints, I do not allow anyone to do my thinking for me, and no one can speak for me but myself. Many people still let leaders of various spheres do their thinking for them (political and religious leaders, among other things), speak for them, and pull their strings. And when you ask them why they believe or pursue x, y, or z, they say stuff like, "'Cause Obama is for it", "'Cause my (insert anything here - conservative, liberal, republican, etc) group says it's right", "'Cause that's what my parents told", "'Cause whatever my religious text tell me to do, I do, and everyone else is wrong".

They don't think for themselves, they don't question anything and they let the various leaders dictate their decisions and values, they sign off their brains and minds to those who want to dictate their notions of morality to everyone in the country by force or coercion. They don't hold themselves accountable, when things go wrong it's always everyone else's fault but their own. They have turned their leaders, their religious texts, their traditions, etc, into sacred cows and they bash anyone who dare to question those things, anyone who dare to rethink what they have been told or taught. And that's just sad. I was often bashed and demonized for being an independent thinker. Just last month, a biased person with no small amount of stereotypes verbally attacked me on the Internet and said, "You're so fake, you can't be an independent thinker, 'cause there's no such thing as a Christian independent thinker". To which I replied, "I beg to differ, and for the record, the Fundies don't speak for me and Jesus Himself was anti-conformist and a an independent thinker." And when I sent him links and proved him that there are hundreds of other unconventional, non-denominational Christians like me who are independent thinkers, he resorted to petty insults and walked away, which is was very immature. Anyway, what Theros said is true, and I couldn't agree more with him.

"Conformity is the jailer of freedom and the enemy of growth." - John F. Kennedy

This quote from John F Kennedy enforces the importance to be different and the independence to fully enable the transition into a free self. This change into freedom can only occur once conformity barriers have been broken, and a new and unique creative vision takes hold and is ready to be unleashed by the artist.

To conform is to jail yourself.
To nonconform is to free yourself.
Amanita Virosa-Amaranthus chapter 45 . 2/3
Definitely feel bad for Theros. I (more than) suspect that Theros may have clued in to "Ali" having been through something similar. Very excited to see how Artemis and Jarlaxle reveal themselves to Theros. Ending was very sweet, and made me wanna go "awww". :D

Looking forward to your next update!
Jenni chapter 44 . 1/30
Thank you for another chapter! How could Jarlaxle not connect the dots :p
Anon chapter 44 . 1/27
So excited to see annew chapter. :D
This is one of my favorite FR fics. Can't wait for the next part
Amanita Virosa-Amaranthus chapter 44 . 1/28
Yaaaaaaayyyy! :D Update was fantastic. :) it's nice to see them sharing more of themselves. Also, I had to laugh at the pissing on the effigy. :D

Looking forward to your next update, as always. :D
53 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »