Reviews for Glory and Gore
Sassy Lil Scorpio chapter 1 . 3/12/2014
Wow. Very well-written story from Cato's POV. I really like how human you made him. The twist in the end was great too. I liked that you filled in the blanks-sometimes I wonder what was going on for the other tributes in the arena during the Games. You filled in those scenes really well. I liked the relationship between Cato and Clove here too. I don't usually think of them that way, so this was a nice touch. I like that Cato understood who the real enemy was..and how he outsmarted the Capitol in the end. Great work!
Guest chapter 1 . 1/9/2014
wow the end was just ...
PlaceOfDreamsAndNightmares chapter 1 . 12/1/2013
Truly amazing, can understand why it took you so long to write. I honestly love the way you captured Cato and Clove and their relationship. Going off to read your other stories now lol, keep the good work.
RiMashiro chapter 1 . 11/29/2013
*hysterical sobbing* *attempting to tell the author how amazing they are through the sobs* *failing, but they understood*
Emerald112 chapter 1 . 11/13/2013
First off, let me say that you are a fantastic writer! You bring the story to life with excellent vocabulary and description, and your writing really draws the reader in! I never read any of your other stories (sorry if I was supposed to read your other stories to understand this one :( ) but I’m sure they’re equally as amazing!

I loooove how you started off with a flashback to the reapings! :DD (it was a flashback, wasn’t it? LOL). The Cato and Clove here are so cute! I love how you made Clove reaped rather than Volunteering. I’m assuming Cassia hates Clove so much that she’d rather miss her opportunity to Volunteer, just to see Clove suffer in the arena having to be in there with Cato?

Ironic, isn’t it? That Clove is the one who didn’t want to go to the feast, and she’ll be the one to die in it?
The part where the two of them prep themselves for the feast was adorable :’) The kiss and their saying I love you to each other was appropriate for the time! I could feel the mix of emotions running through them as they admit they love each other, yet are preparing to fight four other tributes, three of whom are, as Cato said highly intelligent and cunning (Foxface), very strong (Thresh), and holding some secret talent good enough to gain her a Training Score of eleven (Katniss).

Cato’s thoughts on Foxface all make sense, I really enjoyed reading the part where he hunts her down and then she escapes when Clove calls out to him! Clove’s last moments on earth were just beautiful :’) I bet Cato really believed at that moment that he would win for her.

The fight between Cato and Thresh was pretty intense! LOL so Cato to be commenting on Thresh’s lack of originality in his method of killing with a rock again ;)

jakdjsfjkans whoa. That last scene. Whoa. It was following canon so well, I thought it would end up with Katniss and Peeta winning, but then he killed them . . . and then himself! ;o I love the last line before the boom “Not this time, Snow. Not me.” So there was no 74th Victor here, I bet the Capitol went CRAZY! I mean, when Katniss and Peeta threatened to both eat the poisonous berries, they let them both win so as to avoid not having a victor . . .

Anyway, throughout this whole thing, you were able to keep the characterization of each and every character perfect! In a lot of Clato stories, Cato and Clove are portrayed as mushy gushy lovebirds, but here they were able to maintain their canon personalities while still being all romantic, which I loved, because in reality, they were the antagonists of the book, which is why it’s a bit ironic that Cato thought about how sometimes you forget who the real enemy is?

Sorry about the long review, I thought you deserved it. Oh wait . . . if you deserved it then that’s a good thing and if I’m apologizing it’s a bad thing. So disregard this statement entirely! :D Haha.
I’ll probably get around to reading your other stuff soon. I’m really curious about the rest of the pieces to this story that you’ve already wrote about :D
twiberry chapter 1 . 11/13/2013
Well that was unexpected. ;-) -Twiberry
my-cat-ate-my-homework chapter 1 . 11/13/2013
My heart just cried. Terrific writing! love it!
daenerysstormbornslaysyourfavs chapter 1 . 11/12/2013