Reviews for Apotheosis
rengisol chapter 15 . 2/3
Fantastic story! You're an extremely talented writer! Thank you for finishing this fic. I loved the way you managed to pull my emotions across the board when writing all your characters. They were all so compelling. Keep up the great work!
callalily32 chapter 15 . 2/1
I LOVE this last chapter! You've done such a great job pulling it all together. :) Thanks for this great, great story! I'm so glad you finished it and it was so wonderful to read!
ElectricLimeGreen chapter 15 . 12/16/2015
Poor Bruce! I was rooting for him and his broken heart.
Thanks for sharing your story - I really enjoyed it!
Guest chapter 15 . 11/26/2015
This is an amazing story, you're really talented.
Would you be willing to write a Thor fan fiction with a Jane Foster/Bruce Banner (Hulk) pairing. I think they would make a lovely couple.
Dreaming One chapter 15 . 11/19/2015
Hahahaha! WHAT?! Omg! hahahaha! I did not expect that, but it was honest to goodness the most sensible way for this to end. I love that you didn't pretend Jane could reform Loki, but instead she got totally corrupted by him. hahaha! I mean, it's awful that it happened, but it makes a lot of sense. I think it preserved the integrity of the fic's dark tone. Good job! Really good. :)
Dreaming One chapter 7 . 11/19/2015
I am so freaked out for Jane! This is a very unfluffy fic. Loki is scary! I think you've done a great job haha
Dreaming One chapter 5 . 11/19/2015
That was fascinating, that little fight scene.
B. M. Reed chapter 15 . 11/19/2015
I picked up your story after seeing you had updated it and started from the beginning again and tore through it in a couple days. I'm so glad you finished it and I wanted to leave you a proper review!

This story is so unlike anything I've ever read in the Lokane arena. We are presented with an entirely believable Jane that is nothing like the Jane we see in the films. The gaps between the film and this story are filled with horrors that Jane has dealt with as a consequence of loving Thor.

So much of this story saddened me to read. It is not often we get to see Jane as the broken one in this pairing, yet she very much is, and I pitied her in ways I never do with Loki. None of the things that happened to Jane was her own doing, and she knew she could not live the victim forever. She is such a strong female character and we don't get to see those too often.

Your Loki is ruthless here; I think I may have felt real and extreme anger at his "illusion" game with her on Vanaheim. Your character developments were so fascinating to see though. We do not see a Loki redeemed, and this is not a 'love heals all' story. It is unyielding and almost painful, yet in your world, it works, and it couldn't be any other way. I cannot presume to know what it would be like to be tempted by a god, yet Jane tackles most of the issues presented to her in this story with grace and perseverance. She plays with fire, and gets burned.

I personally feel that your depiction of Loki's affections to be very realistic and true to his character. If he isn't going to be redeemed by love, then he is not going to suddenly change himself because he feels it. I don't even necessarily believe that he feels like he loves Jane, earlier on, when he initially takes her across realms. Although it was truly interesting to see Jane sort of succumb to him once they aren't on Earth anymore. It was almost touching, really.

I was unprepared for Jane to tell Loki to basically leave her alone on Vanaheim. I almost for a moment after we found out that it was Loki who presented the illusion to her figured that she would tell him to shove off permanently. I could not imagine going through such a thing, and while it was aggravating to read that Loki didn't understand why she was so upset, it was definitely true to himself that he would have the reaction he did.

When Jane finds herself alone on the world, and Loki gives her helpful nudges, was a really cool part of this story and while I know you wanted to keep it a normal length fic (lol) it would have been incredibly cool to read more about her living that way for half a year. But when she finally decides she is ready to have Loki, it doesn't feel weird or forced or anything. In fact I was surprised again at how long she actually managed to live by herself without losing her mind.

The love scene was necessary to this story. It was obvious that the two of them wanted only each other. It gave me hope that perhaps the two of them could love each other, the way traditionally you think that would look like. Even if he's a villain, in her eyes, she could accept that and not try to change it. She knew what he was before they came together, and that's what makes it so important.

The epilogue was sad to read, in a sense. Here we are presented with Bruce, many years after their departure. The world is different now in ways we don't fully know. The scene was very whimsical, and Bruce's realization that Jane was Jane, yet not quite Jane, was interesting and very believable. I wonder if at this point Jane has already become immortal, with the apples perhaps, and that is why she appeared so otherworldly. She would transcend what regular humans would look like, for sure.

The ending was very satisfying in a sense. Although it was sort of bittersweet, because although your story makes perfect sense and Jane ends up with Loki fully, you can't help but wish she had been able to turn him to at least the neutral side. I sort of wonder what is really going through her mind at this point. Or maybe so many years away from Earth, she has forgotten that she cares about it at all.

I hope to see more from you in the future. Your writing is so unique and mesmerizing. I found myself fully sucked into this tale, and sad when it was over. Thanks for your hard work and dedication!
BarbyBBones chapter 15 . 11/15/2015
Hey, it was amazing! Congratulations, I loved the story, it was a little bit dark but with pasiĆ³n so I really loved it
Xoxo Barby from Argentina
jeadamized chapter 15 . 11/14/2015
So bittersweet! I really love your work and made all chapters interesting every time you update. This is a wonderful story and I really love your characterization of my two fave pair and the somewhat Jane-Bruce pairing. Thank you and congratulations for completing this.
Smile Black chapter 15 . 11/14/2015
That is how you finish a story? I mean it was pretty amazing! But That kinda feels like the introduction to a Saga of at least two more novels! o.O
ChildlikeEmpress chapter 15 . 11/10/2015
Wow what an ending. :) Loved it. Thanks so much for writing this and even more for finishing it. :)
justrunaways chapter 15 . 11/10/2015
Whoa. I am so, so sad to see this come to an end. This was a great ride, and I'm sure I'll be rereading it many times. And now onto a very lengthy review...

Not only do you write settings well, you also write everyday actions well, such as Jane's chores at her new house. This grounds the story in a real world setting and sets the scene and pacing. I liked reading about her environment, what her house was like and the activities she did.

Your Jane is different from all the others I've read, owing to what she's been through. She's a survivor, hardened from her torture (which, I have to say, I was hoping to learn about in more detail). I love that she's determined not to be a victim anymore to the best of her ability. I love the introspection so that we really get to know what's going on in her head. And that illusion Loki did to her on Vanaheim? Gosh, I was right there with her and the betrayal, trauma and anger she felt. It makes sense that she needed to distance herself from him after that. You write them realistically, flaws and all, so I believed the pace of their relationship from when he landed in the snow outside her house to the very end. The pacing of the story in general is on point. Never too slow, never too fast-paced. I got a feel for the spaces of time in between events and how time shaped their relationship.

It's amazing how you write her steady descent (that's not really the word, but nothing else is coming to me) into Loki, how her very being becomes irrevocably intertwined with him. You weaved it in so delicately and effortlessly that by the epilogue, I was like, man, I should've seen that coming! It was foreboding to read her acknowledge that she's lost herself in him and there was no going back. You made things so ominous and unpredictable throughout the whole story, which I found thrilling. I think this is the first Lokane fic I've read where I was left feeling uncertain about their future, wondering, can they really make it? That, I think, is a testament to your writing and the type of story you've created, where there is no black and white, where characters are complex and love alone cannot conquer all. By the way, you really know how to write sexual tension because by the time that chapter came up, I was like, omg! That was so worth it. :P And those heated looks from Loki and how he's mad with desire for her? Mmmmmm. Yes please. Also, I think it's great that the sex was actually crucial to the plot. I feel like we needed to see it to be there with Jane, to fully understand that he IS possessing and consuming her, body and soul. Like the chapter title said, it was the final threshold before she was truly his.

Jane is wonderfully complex. I love reading about her transformation and struggle to be a different, yet the same, person. It makes it believable that she'd end up where she did at the end. It's so interesting just how different she's become from the Jane we know in the movies. She knows Loki's a murderer, terrorist, and all those other things; she knows he's the villain. She fully acknowledges all this, but she knows other sides of him and still needs him with every breath of her being. If this were real life, we'd probably think she's a lunatic or depraved. I can only imagine what the Avengers and S.H.I.E.L.D. think of her. But then again, those we see as corrupt or bad in real life DO have significant others. I also loved seeing Thor, even though Jane's not particularly happy with him at first. He has such a commanding and sure presence, not unlike Loki, yet they're so different. Even I felt safe with him around. :P I mean, if I were Jane, I'd feel safe with both of them (well, with Loki, after she's certain of his devotion to her). I wonder how Thor's taking the fact that the woman he had feelings for is now with his brother and standing alongside him in a quest to take Earth. That must take some adjusting to.

The epilogue: Wow. Was not expecting that, but then I realized I'm not really all that surprised. So is Jane now immortal? That's what I expected and hoped for after Loki said "it doesn't have be that way" regarding her mortality. Is that what Bruce is perceiving in her, that otherwordliness? I think it took some time, though, since she was starting to gray. I wonder how it went down. Did Loki spend forever trying to convince her to eat one of Idunn's apples and she agreed after some years? Is she wearing Asgardian clothing just for the sake of it while they traverse the realms or did they establish a home in Asgard? Considering you cleverly inserted the events of Marvel movies to come, maybe Odin's gone and Jane and Loki are truly free to go wherever they wish, including Asgard? Hmmm. He may love her in his way, but does Loki ever see her as an equal before she loses her mortality? Or does Jane ever feel his equal? I hope so! Eight years is a while, and, surely, a lot of stuff happened and changed in that time. It's a little exciting speculating all that transpired during those eight years, but I'm sure I couldn't even begin to imagine. I feel a little sad that Jane is joining Loki in his quest for literal world domination. What happened in those years that made her turn against her homeworld? I can't see Jane just going along with it passively, so something tells me she has her own reasons. Wow, Jane, u different. I'm seeing parallels in that respect between her and Loki and how they both changed in response to their own circumstances at different times. Sad/disappointed in Loki for attempting this yet again! I mean, what is going on?! What will become of them, especially if they fail? Aaah! While I love happily-ever-afters, I think it's refreshing how the uncertainty of the future is written so well here. There's a real sense of potential loss and tragedy, like it's looming on the horizon and could happen any second. Which is sad, but intriguing.

On another note, I feel so bad for Bruce and his unrequited love. I can only hope the best for him; I'd hate for him to live the rest of his life feeling like he doesn't deserve to be with someone. I like how you made the epilogue from his POV. It definitely gives us another perspective of Jane's journey to becoming who she has, especially from the point of view of someone who cared deeply for her. Their reunion was so sad. Ugh! Poor Bruce. Seeing Jane as she was must've been like seeing an alien.

Hope this novel of a review didn't wear you out hehe. It was easier for me to write a single long one rather than going back and writing one for each chapter. I'm sure I left out some stuff I'll realize later I wanted to address, but just know I enjoyed every minute of this story. I can't thank you enough for this amazing story that's left me reeling. Definitely a great take on one of my main ships. I may not sound like it, but I am fangirling so hard over this fic. I do so appreciate the time and effort you took to write this and will definitely be reading if you ever decide to venture into this universe again. Muah!
mfaerie32 chapter 15 . 11/4/2015
A bit of a depressing ending. ( I agree that you can't choose who you fall in love with, BUT you can choose whether or not to be with them. And in doing so, she is now the villian & I can only hope the both of them are captured or killed. (
Dark Veggie chapter 15 . 11/3/2015
Yes! The queen! Lovely! Ahhhh Jane and Banner's Kiss, was so beautiful, I love this history, and i don't think you going to make a sequel, right?