Reviews for The Case of the Living Portrait
WeirdLittleStories chapter 4 . 11/1/2017
This is adorable! I love McGonagall's reading Miss Marple and wanting to solve mysteries, too, and the clues she puts together to find Snape are interesting and clever. Very well done!
Maliumkin chapter 4 . 8/27/2017
And, hum... Is it over? I loved it, that's terrible to live us alone in the dark :P Anyway, thanks a lot for this. It was very well written and original. I liked the references.
ViceVersaRiley chapter 4 . 10/31/2016
I...I wish we could have actually seen her visit.
ViceVersaRiley chapter 1 . 10/31/2016
"No, just Severus" XD LOL
excessivelyperky chapter 4 . 6/29/2016
Ah well. Not to be continued? Snape was certainly careful to flatter her. And Minerva to accept it as her due. After all, she did nothing to drive Snape into the arms of the Death Eaters-sadly, that's the problem. She did nothing about those jolly lads who were so certain that everything they did was right. But then, isn't that what Hogwarts teaches? That anything a Gryffindor is right?

But of course Snape can't possibly be right about anything. That's a prerogative reserved for *her* house. Note that she carefully refrains from judging Albus about his plan-there has to be a way to blame it all on Snape, right? Of course it couldn't be her beloved Dumbledore's plan to sacrifice Harry like a pig to slaughter.

Does Minerva know about the Horcruxes? It doesn't sound like she does.

And Minerva's method of stopping the plan seemed to involve murdering Snape, but of course he was wrong to stop her, right?

I am having trouble understanding why Snape thinks of her as a friend-but then, he learned how to socialize with people who wished him dead-he showed up at Order meetings, didn't he? And still manage to deal with Albus after learning how the Headmaster wanted him set up to be hated by the very people he was supposed to save.
excessivelyperky chapter 3 . 6/28/2016
I see that Minerva still thinks two on one is still fair (she seems to have forgotten that Flitwick, a noted duelist, was attacking too) though she does seem to think it was a bit of bad form to call him a coward after he flew away rather than bring out the heavy guns. Though she's hidden any form of regret fairly well, as far as I can tell.

To be honest, unless it’s for the books, I am not quite sure why Snape wants Minerva to know where he is. For all he knows, despite whatever the paper says, she’s ready to turn him in to send him to Azkaban. Why would he trust her? After all, his experience of Gryffindors is that they don’t have any guilt about whatever they do to a Slytherin, and that they can pretend friendship to stab one in the back (rather like Remus Lupin was fond of doing).

And he could have hired a Muggle moving company to remove the books to ship them to his current location. Kingsley isn’t keeping that hard a watch on the place. One presumes that the contests are being held intestate rather than being confiscated by the Ministry, which certainly surprises the heck out of me, no matter how stoutly Harry defends Snape.

Good evaluation of the clues, however.
excessivelyperky chapter 2 . 6/24/2016
Ah. Given that Minerva sort of encouraged the DA to act out at the risk of *their* lives-the Carrows did not always wait for the Headmaster to deliver justice-perhaps Snape was a bit wiser than she thinks not to tell her what was going on. Besides, she needed to be sincere when she spat his name out in fury while the Carrows were watching.

But of course Minerva, being a Gryffindor, Always Knows Better.

I should think the bottles would indicate his hidey-hole was in France, especially since he's already spent at least one holiday there, and I would check the vintners of the Really Special Wines.

As for the Shrieking Shack, all three were right there-Hermione coughed up the flask for Harry to catch the memories in, and frankly, Ron is pants as an observer. Plus, DH distinctly says that Snape was still bleeding, albeit slowly, when Harry left the Shack with the memories. If Harry had only said that, it would be obvious that Snape was still alive when he left.

Of course Snape knew the antivenin for Nagini-he probably was the one who developed it for Arthur when he was bitten.

Nice chapter. But of course Snape can't possibly be allowed to live quietly away from all the sods who tried to kill him off-including, I might add, Minerva herself.
excessivelyperky chapter 1 . 6/15/2016
If Harry had set things on fire and mouthed off to Minerva the way he did to Snape, she might not be too fond of him either. But she always has her favorites, and still refuses, apparently, to admit that she might have contributed to any problems Snape had.

Be that as it may, she's dead right about Lily (and her willingness to blind herself to what's going on before her eyes-James only lied to her during seventh year, if not earlier, and McGonagall could have enlightened the girl, but chose not to).

And she's quite right about Snape.

But does she have the right to out him to a world that has done nothing but attack him? After all, a *dead* hero is romantic. A live, stroppy Snape might well face Azkaban or assassination attempts from people on either side.

Naturally, Minerva always knows best. Right?
Favreau chapter 4 . 11/21/2015
Thank you for the story, it is truly marvellous. I always would like to think that Severus had a friend in Minerva and that he was able to survive an find a good live afterwards, a live that is much happier then his first 38 years...
Catlady1960 chapter 1 . 8/14/2015
Great story.
Writer215 chapter 1 . 2/9/2015
A) Minerva was once married to a man named Unqhart. Look it up
B) Amelia Bones
Bookworm1986 chapter 4 . 12/26/2014
What a brilliant idea and written so wonderfully. I thoroughly enjoyed this. I am a big Miss Marple fan too so it amuses and please me that McGonagall takes pleasure in reading her books. You do great justice to Sanpe's subtly throughout as well.
JOdel chapter 1 . 10/30/2014
This series is delightful.

Would you be willing to allow me to base a Publication project on it for the Re Hen site? Prefereably once there are a couple more stories to include. But I would like to discuss the possibilities first. Please contact me on AOL if you are interested.

Also, I sent you a message through Lj a week or so ago regarding the Hoggy Warty Xmas community. But I've had no indication that it was received. Did it reach you all right?
ScullySayer chapter 4 . 6/22/2014
Excellent. Just truly excellent. Brilliant writing and wit; there is something in the way you write that hooks readers into wanting to read more. The unfolding of their friendship through Snape's leaving of clues, that he knew she would find him... can't convey how much I enjoyed it. Loved it, thank you for sharing!
downtonabbey123 chapter 4 . 2/28/2014
This was so good! Please write more! I would love to hear what Snape has to say!
49 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »