Reviews for Whirlpool Sky
Radio Driver chapter 1 . 11/15/2013
Good goin, Sky. Keep on keepin on.
skywiseskychan chapter 1 . 11/14/2013
Heh, I like it so far. If I ever write another similar style story I may want permission to completely steal your birth and baby bit. It's actually quite fun and an interesting way to start out in a universe. I admit my only other real story starts out with death, so starting a differnt one with birth would seem appropriate.

In any case I look forward to seeing what the is with your new Konoha.
Ranmaleopard chapter 1 . 11/14/2013
interesting please continue! so uzugakure allied with the sky kingdom?
DaBear chapter 1 . 11/14/2013
Cool to see you writing again!

So a vengeance demon from BtVS, or something else, changed history so that Whirlpool (or just the Uzumaki's) and the Leaf were never allies. Neat premise for a SI.

Hope you get back into a groove, would love to see more.
TegwenielWestwind chapter 1 . 11/14/2013
Interesting.
Sdarian chapter 1 . 11/14/2013
I kind of hate this whole chapter. This is because I never like when people start off with a baby doing a bunch of stuff like this. For a large part of early childhood a lot of things simply aren't finished growing yet, and need to finish before doing anything else. Like how he starts off using and playing with his chakra, how does he know that his chakra system is even remotely finished growing? It could be that messing around with it at this age damages it and it never grows in right. This could be exactly what was wrong with Rock Lee for all we know. And since no one knows that the baby is doing it, they won't/can't stop them until too late.

Simply skipping this whole section and starting the story when the character can get around on their own and/or the adults have started training or sending them off to school works a lot better. If you need extra training or abilities in there, simply mention that you started earlier or use a flash back or something.
Selmephren chapter 1 . 11/14/2013
Great to see you back man! This looks to be a good start to a new and interesting fic.
Alex DarkFire chapter 1 . 11/14/2013
looks good Jared, nice to see something new from you keep up the good work, looking forward to more as always
Kudou Shinichi chapter 1 . 11/14/2013
Your stomach naturally produces a very dilute sulfuric acid (pretty sure that's the one), so I always thought chakra could be used to either produce more concentrated acid or filter nonacids to produce a potent attack that you can control with chakra. Furthermore if there is a significant challenge to the technique then having it copied may result in self harm or it may be uncopyable as the chakra manipulation would be internal and couldn't be seen. I'm guessing only the Uchiha are allowed prodigies. I really like the start, especially the waste-bending.
tenchifew chapter 1 . 11/14/2013
Really glad to see you writing again.
Looking forward what the butterfly has changed.
Thank you for writing.
treavellergirl chapter 1 . 11/14/2013
Well the fearful part of most SI characters would probably be because the one that seem like a genius often risk being sent out to the battlefields a lot earlier and risk death because of it and the fact that they would be so small compared to most of everyone else.
Jarreas chapter 1 . 11/14/2013
Woooo! Another Jared adventure, and I rather like the perspective on this one. I look forward to seeing how it develops - another SI into the Naruto-verse has been done to death, but a Kohona sans Naruto? Interesting.
addicted2text chapter 1 . 11/14/2013
Yay! Skysaber's back!

Enjoyed this as a start, and I love the idea of a SI character going about trying to do some of the usual things only to discover that their assumptions were all wrong due to bad data. Of course you've circumvented the usual methods of which our intrepid Super Spy could use to verify his information by having him born and begin in this universe as a baby...nice work. As for the dryness of the text-I wonder if you're being a bit too hard on yourself, wry humor is still humor-and chakra animated poopy IS rather funny if you ask me. Of course I've been told I have the sense of humor of a two year old so take that with the prerequisite grain of salt...

Will look forward to seeing anything you care to share with us. Thanks, I know you could reserve it for close personal friends and not share, so it means something that you come back time and again for those ofr us who are fans.
Kreinster chapter 1 . 11/14/2013
Aha!

You come up with all the interesting plot bunnies.

Thank you for writing.
User Profile chapter 1 . 11/14/2013
Skysaber, I am so glad that you are back. :D Looks to be the start of another of you amazing stories. Thank you for posting.
170 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 Next »