Reviews for Play Dates and Park Benches
Julie chapter 21 . 8/21/2016
AAww, I loved following this story so much. Totally original, I always felt this to be your work, set in your world and filled by your own characters. And such wonderful characters. Your very mature Mary, your modern and collected Matthew and these wonderfully adorable kids. I also love the drabbles set in this universe. The one about mother's day never ceases to touch me. Thanks so much, Lala-Kate!
BeWhoYouAre99 chapter 21 . 8/13/2016
What a beautiful story!
Lifewithcourtneyy chapter 21 . 6/23/2016
This was most definitely worth the wait! Thank you so much for sharing your amazing talents with us! I've loved this story from the very first chapter, it was heartbreaking, witty and so very fulfilling to read. This chapter was a beautiful ending to a beautiful story.
Guest chapter 21 . 6/13/2016
Thank you so very much for completing what is one of my all-time favorite stories. I have loved this grown-up/30Something version of these two fools and have so very much appreciated the raising kids and having a romantic life with your partner theme to it all. So good!

I agree with the previous commenter that the bundle is a girl. Not that it would matter either way, but I also remember that somewhere in one of the two stories (PDPB and Tales) that the girls wanted a sister to name Elizabeth. Matthew says he's outnumbered but he totally loves it. Just like Robert with his 3 girls.

Thanks again! You are a treasure!
elianaS chapter 21 . 6/10/2016
Thank you for writing this fanfic to its very end. It bugs me a lot when authors does not complete their story (although I understand that most of the time the authors are normal human beings caught out with life, work, writers block ect), as the stories are usually very good but since it was not completed, readers are left hanging without a proper ending. Such a waste if you ask me, as the stories are beautifully written but had no proper closure.

Anyway I loved the ending, the M/M banter on the wedding preparation, on the number of children that they are going to have in the future. The dialogues were also very witty and funny yet still a spot on. The wedding was also very sweet and I loved that you made reference to M/M's deceased partner to set up M/M's and the kids joyful life together after the wedding. It was perfect.

I did feel kinda chiseled somehow as the gender of M/M's baby was not specifically mentioned in the epilogue. But I've re-read Lala's companion piece of PDPB titled Tales from the Park Bench and realised that I should't be feeling as such and in fact I should compliment the author for her genius in subtlety revealing the baby's gender.

In chapter 16 (found here s/10328916/16/Tales-from-the-Park-Bench) there is this one paragraph that makes me realised that M/M new baby is a girl.

"A few months ago, brushing my teeth was quite an accomplishment," she quips, making him chuckle and pull her back to him for a hug. Her arms wrap around him then, tucked under his arms and around his waist, and he realizes with a bit of a start that the size of his stomach has never been a concern for him when it came to interviewing. What a different set of standards women must battle, standards that suddenly make him angry on behalf of his wife and daughters.

I have no idea if I am right or if I am in the wrong. But based on that in my world M/M's baby is a girl :D
Guest chapter 21 . 6/7/2016
What are they having?! Hope for twin boys but think a girl.
redpeony chapter 21 . 6/8/2016
What a beautiful ending to a beautiful story! Thank you so much for finishing it. I feel as if I know these characters, and I'm so glad for their happy ending.
Guest chapter 21 . 6/5/2016
Yay, they're married! Achjhjf this fun story is over...thanks for finishing it! Enjoyed reading it :)
Longtime Guest chapter 21 . 6/5/2016
As a loyal fan of M/M and this story, I was drawn to it from the first chapter. You've skillfully written about some very complex issues about suffering great loss, coping with reality, and building a new life after the loss. I will miss this AU of M/M and hope that if you ever feel inspired we might have an update on this blended family. Thank you so very much.
Kay chapter 1 . 6/5/2016
Oh be still my excited heart. You've written DA fic again, and finished this lovely tale! You truly are one of the most talented authors out there and I dearly hope this may spur you to finish my absolute fave the Hungover Games. Please do - there are many of us out there that still crave your writing and who aren't into the OUAT fandom. I'm so excited this is finished. It's truly a splendid piece of writing.
AtLoLevad chapter 21 . 6/7/2016
What an absolutely perfect ending! I'm so sad to see this story end, but I'm glad it exists. I think I'll have to give it a reread in the future :)
Guest chapter 21 . 6/5/2016
Beautfully written! A wonderful love story, and I just love the two little girls! The only thing that made me pause for thought was that MM's grief for their previous partners was still so raw, 2 years is not a long time when you have lost your significant other. This complicates the relationship, no matter how mature they are and how much they lean on each other (although Matthew seems to be more supportive than Mary in this respect). Anyway, love your writing and looking forward to reading more of your stories!
silly-beggar chapter 21 . 6/6/2016
Oh my goodness, I can't believe that this is over! What a ride. Thank you so much for such a beautiful, raw story. I think I'll have to reread now!
Thank you for making what was one of my first forays into M/M fiction so wonderful. Though I migrated to Banna not long after, I have always kept this in my heart.
Just a quick question, perhaps I'm being a little dense, but are we seeing twins here?!
Guest chapter 21 . 6/4/2016
Beyond thrilled to see your update! Are they having twins. I love this world for them that you have created.
Alexa chapter 21 . 6/4/2016
please, WHAT IS IT? A boy or a girl?