Reviews for The art of trying
Kountry101 chapter 24 . 3/30
I'm so glad that Raven and Beast Boy talked everything out. Love those two :3
CleoArrow chapter 24 . 3/28
Twirling into unconsciousness. That forms such a great mental picture.
Once again you demonstrate your talent when writing for the Joker. He's a fantastic character.
Now I'm pretty sure I've said I love it whenever there's a BB/Rae moment(s), but it's true. The reason I started reading 'The Art of Trying' was because of the pairing, but I stayed because of the storyline and writing. I do need to know what happened to Robin and Starfire though.
Based Bobcat chapter 24 . 3/27
Being a dad is the best superpower there is I tell y'what. Gerald for Justice League.

Glad to see BB and Rae being all fluffy fluf. Can't wait for the Robin chapter. Do you have plans for future arcs? Hope so :)

About the comics in Belgium, I hear ya. Here in the Netherlands their also quite annoying to get, and on the rare occasion I run into a bookstore that sells them, they overprice the hell out of them (Insert greedy Dutch joke here). I usually read comics on imageboards or buy them online.

Can't wait for more.
JasonVUK chapter 24 . 3/26
:O BB you bad ass! Raven you bad ass! :D Loved the chapter! X3

:c Hope things do actually get better.
gwb620 chapter 23 . 3/21
Damn, I have to say the whole 'Alice' thing was disturbing, but that's what the Mad Hatter does, also just wanted to say that this story is truly epic. I can't wait to see what happens next.
Based Bobcat chapter 23 . 3/20
Wew, that was another doozy of a chapter. I especially liked the Robin scenes, so tense.

Raven got knowledgebombed (kaboom) by Terra. Have I mentioned how much I love your version of her? She's changed so much since the series and it's FAR more believable than "CharacterBash psychoslut" Terra.
BB being a clueless dork is normal. Raven being even more clueless is neat.

And omfg the Great White Shark, so deliciously C-list. Unf
I assume you've read Arkham: Living Hell. I always think of it as a reverse Shawshank Redemption.

Useless factoid time: Did you know that even the Joker(!) told Warren White that he was the worst person he's ever met? Quote: "I might have killed alot of people, but even I didn't steal their kids' college funds." Yikes.

Keep up the amazing work. Can't wait to see what's in your magical top hat of great ideas next!
Sperance chapter 23 . 3/20
Nice chapter! You know... On your take on Beast Boy and his 'liking broken things', I actually think Terra and Raven are overthinking things. I always got the impression (even in the show) than rather than 'fix' people, he just wanted them to be happy, even if momentarily, which makes sense, if his past was anything like the one he had in the comics. This may seems like wanting to 'fix', but I don't think it's a conscious decision, he just sees someone he could make happy and he wants to do it. Not sure if what I said makes sense...
tsk91 chapter 23 . 3/19
Amazing chapter, love the conversation between Raven And Terra.
JasonVUK chapter 23 . 3/19
:O Holy shit!

I got confused about that bit about Beast Boy liking broken people, I don't understand. :c
CleoArrow chapter 23 . 3/19
I loved Beast Boy's moment of realization. He seemed to have fried his brain.
Oh Robin. That moment caught me off guard. Really glad Robin did something about it before the man took a leak. And I must say, poor Kevin. I just feel bad for him. Kinda.
Every time the Joker starts speaking, I have to laugh. He's so insanely hilarious, which is why he's one of my favorite villains, and you write him perfectly. Robin's fight scene was fantastic.
I appreciated the look into Beast Boy's character, particularly the bit about fixing the broken. And it's great to see Raven and Terra actually getting along. Another wonderful chapter.
fusiontech45 chapter 23 . 3/19
This is a gripping chapter... Not so much because of drama, but the weight of what's being said. It's beautiful.

Honestly, this is the chapter I've been waiting so long to read. Beast Boy understands a bit more of the dangers of action without considering possible repercussions, and Raven understands a bit more that keeping things hidden isn't always a good thing.

Even though I think he softened a bit early, I applaud Cyborg for looking past Beast Boy's faults and keeping him grounded and looking forward. It would be too easy to play the pity game for Beast Boy, but Cyborg's forcing him to accept that he screwed up and move on. Beast Boy's lucky to have a friend like Cyborg.

Leave it to a "rival" to make Raven see the truth of her relationship with Beast Boy. Now she just has to figure out how to show Beast Boy her affection. She doesn't have to go the complete opposite of her personality, but there's small things she could do to reinforce that she cares. Like making tofu? I kid, i kid.

I'm glad Terra understands Beast Boy is off-limits, and that she's done more harm than good for his psyche. She needs to accept that she lost her chance with Beast Boy, but that doesn't mean she doesn't have someone out there willing to give a chance for a relationship with her. Maybe she might go solo or back to college after this?

Okay, I'm probably missing the bigger picture AND the hidden details, but I'm gonna go ahead and say I'm scared for both Robin and Starfire. Starfire's tough and smart, but she's never faced a man with nothing to lose like Mr. Freeze before. And Robin can only go so long before his body betrays him. This feels like Robin's "trial by fire" to show the world that he loves Starfire, but... AHHH! Okay, panic's over. Robin's not alone, and has his team backing him, so I've got a feeling they'll be okay.

You slammed another one out of the park with this one. Nice work!
Lala chapter 3 . 3/5
Loved
Kountry101 chapter 22 . 3/2
This is amazing! Your writing is brilliant! I can't wait to see what happens next. You're so talented :D
Based Bobcat chapter 22 . 3/2
Everyone is so much in character, that it makes me wonder why DC doesn't hire you.

There's plenty of "Joker comes to Jump" fics out there, but let's face it: Joker doesn't really give a crap about Robin. The only reason he would come to Jump was to annoy Batman. Joker's main motivation is ALWAYS Batman. You made this clear in your fic, and it's amazing.

If you need more Batvillains to show up, I'd suggest Paul Dekker AKA The Crazy Quilt. He's Dick Grayson's first "Arch-enemy." He hates Robin even more than he hates Batman.

Useless factoid: This isn't the first time Ra's considers Robin as heir, but instead of Dick Grayson, it was Tim Drake.

Scarface must be compensating for something .
CleoArrow chapter 22 . 3/1
Yay, Beast Boy's okay! I was getting worried there.

Whoa, Robin getting a little violent, huh? It makes sense of course. The train trick was really well written, and I was on the edge of my seat.

My favorite part of this chapter though was definitely Cyborg's encounter with Control Freak. I'm guessing Control Freak is supposed to be you. I'm actually enjoying Robin's scenes. I feel like they're necessary to the plot. I am a big BB/Rae fan, and you have managed to quench my thirst with the little sections you've written. Keep them coming!

And I agree; Cyborg is a hard one to choose a pairing for.