Reviews for The Broken Man
Guest chapter 4 . 6/11/2016
I liked cosset in this chapter and I like the ending
Guest chapter 1 . 6/8/2016
I like it so far
Violet Tan chapter 7 . 5/24/2015
This story is so sad, it's so heartbroken to see Javert like this. But it's a great story, thank you for writing this, I really like it.
Guest chapter 7 . 5/13/2014
This is a amazing story please continue i
a guest chapter 3 . 12/30/2013
You have been able to show so many different facets of Javert's character in the one chapter: his despair at his overall situation, his dry humour when he tells her they could trade places so that she could see how it hurt, his pride in refusing charity, his shame at being brought so low, his humility when he apologises for his 'unacceptable' words towards her, and his ferocity when on the hunt... you have managed to portray them all, and that is a rare thing indeed, for a character so often thought of as one dimensional. So ... be proud of yourself. :)
MrsJavert chapter 4 . 12/27/2013
Dear reviewers!

I am unsure why but this site only partially uploaded chapter 4, causing the story to abruptly cut off part way through. I am unsure as to why it did this as the complete chapter is correctly saved within the document manager.

I am attempting to correct this so please bare with me as it says it can take 30 mins or more for changes to take affect. I am very sorry, I do not know why fan fic net did this.

The correctly uploaded version should end with the words "End chapter 4".
The Girl on the Barricade chapter 1 . 12/26/2013
I love this story! People have always told me that something is wrong with me because Javert is my favorite character, but this story proves exactly why he is! I'm definitely going to continue reading, and you should pm me sometime so we can fangirl over Javert together :)
lemurs366 chapter 1 . 11/20/2013
I like your idea. A lot! I'm not sure if you should continue in a way to make Javert's life better, bit I think your thoughts for him seem accurate. I like the idea of him torn between the laws of God and the Laws of man, and which does/did he serve about the other? I like that he figures things out and accepts them, but then finds another argument against himself.
From the my damnation for your redemption to... I guess 'it...is...just' is really really good, I think.
I think the dialog seems in line with the tone of the book, but I'm not sure about the other bits. And I'm not sure how much the physical trauma really fits in to my understanding/idea of the books tone/setting.
Personally, I'd think he'd be in whatever they used before straight jackets. He's crazy, but he WAS an important man, and so people would want him to have the best possible treatment.

ALthough I'm not sure if you are/were *trying* to emulate the original author's style, I think you have the potential to get nicely close. How? Possibly reading and re-reading the books or parts of the book. If you want to do that. Maybe you don't.

Because, yeah, your idea and the dialog really fits in tone and style.
It's a very good idea you're exploring, however what you've got Javert doing at the end isn't really at all an anxiety attack so much as it is a mental breakdown. Anxiety is.. worry, stress. Javert has lost all meaning in his life and is totally lost. He seems to be not so much having an anxiety attack as his brain is just straight up broken right now.
(Hope you weren't lying about wanting comments/critique, cos that's what you just got!)
Katherine NotGreat chapter 1 . 11/17/2013
Well, that was poignant! I do wish you to go on, but providig it does end well) for our dear Inspector))))))(sorry, mate, I'm no longer the one for tragic endings, not after the age of 30 XD)