Reviews for Come Out of the Basement and Let Me Share Your Load
Dina C chapter 1 . 11/19/2013
Good scene. The only thing that confused me was the introduction of the necklace. I swear I went back and hunted for it twice. I finally figured out what was going on, but maybe one of your paragraphs or key sentences got deleted by mistake? Otherwise, nice atmospheric piece. Thanks for sharing.
Paceismyhero chapter 1 . 11/18/2013
Honestly, I don't think I've seen even a full preview for this show, and yet with your stories I feel I know more about their inner beings than probably some fans do. You're such a beautiful writer when it comes to introspection and just ... perception of people's feelings and thoughts that it is just crazy. I also enjoy how much you can describe people as basically the same and just have them sound and feel so, so different.

Fave part: "For all the things they are, they aren't alone." Again, poignant. :)
xBeyondWoodandNeville chapter 1 . 11/17/2013
This was gorgeous, the tone of it is lovely, and their voices are perfect. I too am wondering how many more secrets Katrina is/was hiding from Ichabod, and how he reacts to finding out, but I need to see more of Abbie as well in the next episode!
holygoof101 chapter 1 . 11/17/2013
I was going to wait until I was caught up so I could give you a proper review but let's face it I don't do proper and I can't sleep so...

I've wanted to play with these character but the thought if having to get the chemistry between Crane and Abbie, while at least in some fashion writing Crane scares me too much. Yet you nailed it perfectly. The dialogue between is so good, I'm glad you can't write proper verse for Crane. His voice was so clear in their discussion and... Really there's this:

"I thank you, sincerely, for sharing the load with me."

She doesn't know which load he's talking about specifically. The disappointment of someone you love/care about failing you? The hordes of demons that sprout up out of the ground or portal or the magical traveling forest, looking for them? The secret of a dude with an axe who commits ritual manslaughter fortnightly if they're lucky?

They have a lot of loads and, the more she thinks about it, the more she finds herself feeling thankful they're sharing them, too. His initial appearance may have been a wrecking ball in her life, but his residual presence is nothing nearly as disturbing. It's comforting and, more than anything, it's welcome.

Just like he is.

It might not be saying a lot, but it's saying something that she means the words as they leave her mouth in a voice mirroring his; it's quiet but it cuts through the stillness of her car anyway.

"You're welcome, Crane. We'll be all right, you and I."

I'm not sure how intentional that sentiment was but...(I'm not so fill in that pause with a bunch of stuff I'm not saying without alcohol...) just yeah that struck a chord. So thank you. And that's all for now. I may do this again when I get caught up no promises though.
deweydell25 chapter 1 . 11/17/2013