Reviews for For King and Country
Andrea chapter 8 . 11/28/2014
So well written. I also want to vote for liking all the dialog! This seemed as well written as the Phillipa Gregory novel I'm reading. It is amazing how you take the concepts & people and put them in this timeline.
Guest chapter 8 . 11/27/2014
I honestly did not mind with the conversation and slow build. I'm not sure if I've mentioned it before, but I really enjoy reading in this style of language. It's so good as if I'm reading a classic. I love your details, characterizations, and how you potray their relationship. The Lady Mag seems like an interesting character. And I'm just wondering, if you would probably bring Teo into the story somehow? I'm in need of some Teo-Auggie interactions.
Thank you so much and looking forward to the next chapter!
-Aerionna
Finlaure13 chapter 8 . 11/26/2014
So worth the wait.
Again, your attention to detail of period is superb, and I love when a "new" character comes in and I recognise them. This is such an awesome story, I was dubious when I first began reading it, but every chapter you post makes me kick myself for feeling that way.

Wow.

F.
b11rthdaycake chapter 8 . 11/26/2014
Hey,

you did a good job! Great stable-horse scene! I liked especially the dialogue scenes between Auggie Joan! e.g. "are you naked your Grace?" that was "big cinema" as we say in Germany! :)
You also captured very good the difference between familiar and unknown terrain for Auggie (I know it's "August"...) as a blind man. Quite realistic, as far as I can imagine somebody with that skillset put blind into that age.
Now I am really interested in how that will continue...
and please don't let your doubts keep you from just writing it down. It's lovely like it is.

Far
Epona3 chapter 8 . 11/26/2014
It was a long wait, but this story is worth it. You put it all together so well. Thank you!
b11rthdaycake chapter 7 . 8/4/2014
The encounter in the dark (including the blind joke) on Annie's way to her quarters was brilliant. I chuckled a lot. And then this huge cliff hanger... can't wait to read on. Please continue your good work!
cherithcutestory2 chapter 7 . 8/3/2014
Had been saving this for a moment when I could savor it and it did not disappoint. I just think it's absolutely genius. I feel simultaneously immersed in the CA world & historical Europe. So awesome.

And love that Annie's horse is a sorrel. Not exactly the most inconspicuous of colors. ;)
AllTheWayMay chapter 7 . 7/30/2014
Okay, I am so horrifyingly overdue to write this review! First, my sincere apologies. Secondly, WOW. As always, I'm stunned by your incredible detail and skill. You bring this world alive and I find myself thrilled and excited to see where this is going. I adore how you've woven the present day cast into this tale of yore! What a challenge you've laid out for yourself, but you rise to it and exceed all expectations. So beautifully done and I love love love reading it!
Finlaure13 chapter 7 . 7/29/2014
I absolutely love how you plucked everyone up and moved them back a few centuries. You really have the historical aspect/language firmly in your grasp! I am so glad you came back to this. Annie in history also kicks ass, I can tell. Can't wait for more. So... Just get on that. You have a great bunch of followers!
Epona3 chapter 7 . 7/26/2014
This continues to be a lovely AU. It seems like it must be a huge effort. Thank you for making it happen.
Andrejia chapter 7 . 7/26/2014
*drumroll* Annie has been 'read in' and now she started her first mission. So intrigued! I love her voice here, it's still Annie but on top of all she has to face all the obstacles a woman in her time who doesn't feel the need to be a wife first faces.

I'm very much looking forward to reading the next chapter (and now I REALLY need to see a good movie set in 12th Century).
cherithcutestory2 chapter 6 . 6/30/2014
Brilliant, as always. I get a kick out of the CA moments ("It only ever goes one way") and also learn some English history. Win-win!

Kudos on the best-written, most-unusual crossover ever. You raaawwwwk. ;)
Andrejia chapter 6 . 6/25/2014
I'm enjoying this far, far too much. I love the dialogue and how in-character they are. More, please :)
b11rthdaycake chapter 6 . 6/24/2014
Yes! And off they ride with a perfect acceptable reason to ramble around and enjoy each other! Well done as setting, I can't wait to see them working out the mission.
By the way, I loved how they sat high up at the perch, watchig the Thames...
Andrejia chapter 4 . 5/17/2014
Never though I'd be reading a 12 Century CA fic but after The War At Home made me really want to read everything you've written! And now this particular piece really put me in the mood for historical movies *off to watch Il Decamerone*