Reviews for Death Awaits
Astrablue chapter 14 . 10/24/2002
*sniffles* That was a great story. I'm sad now that it's over...and I don't think even the lure of your writing skills will make me read a Connor story. :) It's funny how that was almost an anti-climactic end, yet it fit well; I think a more apocalyptic end wouldn't have been so poignant. Write more about Mike? Please? Thanks so much for the pleasure of reading.
Imzadi chapter 14 . 10/24/2002
The end of a lovely story-sigh. You're right, Lindsey didn't fit-again, sigh. Do we know for a fact that Angelus, Darla, and Luc were in there when it blew? I wonder. . .

So next up is a grown Connor? Well, if Daddy, Mommy, and Uncle Luc aren't dead. . . if he goes to school in L.A. (or somewhere else that perhaps a man who left W&H may go. . .)

I look forward with great anticipation to anything you write, Eledhwen.
Lita of Jupiter chapter 14 . 10/23/2002
You aren't stoping there are you?

there IS oing to be a sequel right? right?

lonely Brit chapter 13 . 10/23/2002
Nice gentle chapter after the firewords of 11 and 12.

Loved Luc's visit to Mike, he really is a great character and one truly evil vampire, clearly he learnt his lessons very well from Angelus.

And of course, like the brief mention of Wesley. Mike must really miss his friend and I hope he manages to get some kind of pay-back eventually.
Astrablue chapter 13 . 10/22/2002
Top-notch, as usual. I didn't think Ch.9 was sufficiently stomach-turning, but then, it takes a lot to gross me out. :) I was creeped out, though...well done. I can't wait to see how this turns out.
Imzadi chapter 13 . 10/21/2002
Yes, absolutely excellent. I can just imagine Anya and her tales of life as a vengeance demon. I do love Luc, and I must hope that he gets away.

Awaiting the next chapter avidly.
Imzadi chapter 12 . 10/18/2002
A short chapter (too short!) but a very good one. We never seemed to see the aftereffects of a battle on the show, but Mike is really suffering. Buffy (and the Scoobies) never seemed to! And you've caught that sanctimonious bastard Quentin Travers quite well. Excellent. (We will be seeing Lindsey? Please?)
lonely Brit chapter 11 . 10/17/2002

Well, poor old Gunn had a colourful if rather brief existence.

Loved this chapter, hell I've loved all the chapters.

Hope Mike has a chance to recoperate before being plunged back into battle, he should have a chance to actually fight.

Hope you can write some more soon!
Imzadi chapter 11 . 10/17/2002
That was exciting. I didn't think Gunn actually belonged with Angelus' vampire family, really. I liked the touch of jealousy Angel felt toward Riley. It's good to see all the Scoobies working together again. But will we see Lindsey?
lonely Brit chapter 10 . 10/16/2002
Great chapter!

Well, can't wait for the fireworks to start.

Buffy and the Scoobies vs. Angelus and Co, that'll be one hell of a confrontation.

Post again soon! :)
Imzadi chapter 10 . 10/15/2002
Another excellent chapter, Eledhwen. I assume that there will be a rescue for poor Mike. At least I hope so. And, of course, the Breton will go on-I still like Luc! Can't help it!
lonely Brit chapter 9 . 10/11/2002
Okay. I have no idea what you are going to do.

I'm hoping that Mike makes it alive to the end of the story, cos I kinda liked him.

I didn't find the torture scene too much or too little, it make me wince which I think is a good thing.

It does seem to be true that Watchers are quite resiliant under torture, both Giles(with Angelus) and Wesley(with Faith) stood up to it remarkably well, and Mike too seems to be staying pretty lucid.

Post again soon!
Imzadi chapter 9 . 10/11/2002
And yet another amazing chapter, Eledhwen. Not too strong for me. I really like Mike, and it lessens my sympathy for Luc a little until I remember that he can no longer help who he has become. Anyway, I can't wait for more. Please, if Lindsey makes an appearance, let's not torture him.
lonely Brit chapter 8 . 10/10/2002

You too have discovered the cruel, cruel!, ending known as 'cliffhanger'.

Other than that little complaint, I loved this chapter.

And being the Wes-lover that I am, I was touched by Mike's explanation for why he was there.

Granted, it's not the real reason, but I'm sure it's a personal motivation and one Angelus would do well to not underestimate.

Is there *no* way you could let Wes make a little appearance? It would just be so priceless to see the expression on everyone's face!

*sigh* It's alright, he's dead and I'll get over it...eventually.

I'm looking forward to seeing what Angelus and Co. have planned for Mike. I'm also looking forward to Buffy and Co. beginning to wonder where their resident Watcher has vanished to.

Will they stage a rescue mission before too long?

Can't wait for the next bit!
Imzadi chapter 8 . 10/10/2002
Another excellent chapter, my dear Eledhwen. You have me very concerned for Mike. I was just wondering, though. Why didn't they turn Cordelia instead of killing her? Darla's jealousy? Or Wes, who would have been most useful with his knowledge? To be honest, I couldn't possibly imagine Fred as a vampire (the mind boggles!). I'll be interested to see how you bring Lindsey in (if you choose to)!