Reviews for In Person
maembe13 chapter 1 . 12/17/2020
You have done it againtotally blown me away with your writing, plot, and character development. This was brilliant. The theme of free-will and conciousness and what it means to be human was so gradually and profoundly explored. The characters flaws are as endearing as their strengths. I loved how you utilized Dido and made her understandable and relatable. She was as much a "discarded tool" to Stark as Jarvis and yet she also shared qualities with Stark. She became so much more "human" and multidimensional when she spoke with Pepper about art. She became more than the cliche "jealous, scheming woman" but a woman with friends and interests and a life outside of Tony Stark. I loved how you made her so key to this story and part of Jarvis' journey of self-discovery.

Steve Rogers was so awkwardly great- from the forced vacation to the third wheel date to the Disney movie- he was hilarious.

Then anthropomorphizing Jarvis years before Age of Ultron turned him into Vision...I gotta admit I liked your take better. Sticking Jarvis into a temporal, weak human body and forcing him to learn to be human was fascinating. I loved his various revelations and inner struggles with insecurity and purpose and relationships. You thought through his experiences so well and his perspective trying to figure how how to be human was so well done. His contributions to "saving the day" fit so well with his personality and role (the wave was brilliant) in the same way Pepper had her own contributions and ways of being helpful.

I was surprised and riveted at the various plot twists and turns that occurred (it really was quite the week) and enjoyed every chapter! So very well-done!
ShadowPhantom14 chapter 30 . 2/13/2020
I'd just like you to know that I have absolutely adored this fic for years and keep coming back to it whenever the state of the MCU makes me sad. Jarvis is my favorite, something of a comfort character, and this story brings me so much joy that I have it saved in multiple places should I ever need it when I have no internet. Thank you, more than words can express, for the excellent ride this story took me on 3

It's this fic that inspired me to write my own take on the idea of a suddenly-human Jarvis, and though it will be nowhere near the published-novel-quality of this treasure, I thank you for the push.

Also feel free to be dorky! I never thought to ask but do you still have that playlist saved anywhere?
MeguK chapter 4 . 6/25/2019
Somehow I think that Pepper still doesn't believe it
MeguK chapter 2 . 6/25/2019
Oh no, don't commit suicide D:
MissGrizzly chapter 15 . 4/2/2019
So, I 1000% wasn’t going to wait until the end and review this entire fix in one shebang, but I literally can’t stop laughing at the “Dr. Scott!” comment. A for that alone.
ougley chapter 30 . 8/1/2018
thank you for your all hard work :) I enjoyed a lot.I love jarvis
SaiyaCat chapter 30 . 7/5/2018
Epic Awsome Story!
Tekie Scythe chapter 4 . 8/11/2016
just the extent of how much trouble he got himself into...
Winter-Soldier-88 chapter 30 . 5/9/2016
I absolutly love this story.
I started reading this around 8 pm and only stopped around 1 am when my phone's battery was dead, i finished the story in the morning.
I have to say, from start to finish it was amazing.
The only problem i have with this fanfick is that there is no sequel.
In the last chapter you promised one, titled "Ex Machina" but its no where to be found.
KnowInsight chapter 30 . 4/27/2016
Another amazing story!
Great growth Jarvis and Tony went through. Very well done there. Also I really enjoyed Dido as a supporting character. She was interesting and irritating in just the way needed. :D

Do you have more stories elsewhere, because I'd love to read more of your work. :D
rndmprsnlily chapter 30 . 1/28/2016
i love this story. will definitely be re-reading it, possibly several times. I think you did a great job with JARVIS's mentality as he slowly morphed into...Edwin lol. And if you were upset about Iron Man 3, i'd hate to see how you reacted to Avengers 3 which gave us Vision. You sure Marvel isn't copying you by this point? :P
sfox88 chapter 19 . 9/29/2015
Carry On My Wayward Son - Sam and Dean researching for a case (Supernatural)

Van Buren - the Van Buren supernova (The Great Game, Sherlock)
testudoaubreii1806 chapter 1 . 7/13/2015
This was amazing! I literally could not put it down and read it all in just over a day. The plot was really well thought out and the characterisation was very good. I loved the insight into Jarvis' mind and thought his feelings and reactions were very believable. Loved it, thanks!
Lena8993 chapter 30 . 5/31/2015
Is it weird that I totally ship Dido and Jarvis? Anyway your story really made me love human Jarvis and I really dont understand how this story doesnt have more reviews.
Verelan chapter 30 . 5/8/2015
Wow. I read the whole story in a bunch of a few hours. It is late over here and I am really tired but wow! This story gave me so much feels. I don't think I can get some sleep this night.
At first I was kinda hurt by how Tony acted with Jarvis and damn, I was so glad that it changed later.
This was one of the best stories ever, and really, your whole ideas caught me off guard. And I really love this ending!
Okay, that will be all.