Reviews for The Hogwarts Fanfiction Academy
TheSlytherinNation chapter 50 . 3/14/2009
i was won dering in the sequel to this can ally plz find a partner, like in OFUm with the main character and the dwarf. can Ally plz find a partner, from potterverse! plz! from buznuz1
bbc chapter 20 . 2/20/2009
just wondering, in what chapter will u reveal who likes ally, like in Ofum with that girl and the dwarf?
jewelia13 chapter 1 . 1/28/2009
drug

1. (Southern US) Simple past tense and past participle of drag.

You look like someone drug you behind a horse for half a mile.

[edit] Usage notes

* In British English, this is incorrect; the correct past tense of drag is dragged.

* It is characteristic of Southern US English.

* Random House says that drug is "nonstandard" as the past tense of drag. Merriam-Webster once ruled that drug in this construction was "illiterate" but have since upgraded it to "dialect". The lexicographers of New World, American Heritage, and Oxford make no mention of this word.

Ahem.

Excellent work! Keep it up!
TheseViolentDesires chapter 1 . 12/30/2008
Um... i'm kinda new to ritin fanfiction, and I was wonderin, what is canon and mary sue?
hypercell chapter 1 . 9/11/2008
This looks really funny. How do we enroll? lol.
Elentari the Second chapter 48 . 8/19/2008
""O, incest!" squealed an overexcited Slashering. Remuse and Loupen the Mini-Aragogs tackled her and drug her off into the Forbidden Forest."

You still have "drug" as the past tense of "to drag". Why?

Please fix it. Your whole fic is about correcting badly written stories, including bad grammar and spelling. It is important that your own grammar and spelling is impeccable (even if Toey has been visiting).
Of-butterbeer-and-frogs chapter 4 . 7/21/2008
Funny story, I'm really enjoying it so far. Although the part about Harry/Draco causing nausea was a little uncool...other than than I like it. Cheers!
Malfoy's Kitten chapter 1 . 3/30/2008
love it!
Cassie chapter 43 . 3/20/2008
Hi. Yes, I'm aware that this was written a long time ago, but I have not had Internet access until very recently. I first found OFUM, and as I am a huge LOTR fan I blitzed through it.

When I found that there was a Harry Potter version, I nearly went through the roof with excitement. Tolkien and Rowling are masters, and (The Great and Praiseworthy) Miss Cam did an awe-inspiring job with OFUM. I was slightly dubious at first when I started reading, as in my experience spin-offs tend to suck. However, you have managed to single-handedly change my views with this literary masterpiece.

I spent hours trying not to laugh too loudly (I have cranky neighbours) at your superb characterisation, attention to detail and various tortures- I mean, learning experiences- devised for the students.

However, this chapter was beyond awesomeness. I felt like screaming "YES! YES! YES!" at the top of my lungs when the students actually rose up and began to fight for HFA.

And Ally's rallying them all to greater efforts! Real leadership quality there. I was expecting her to be part of the Order of the Sphinx even before I read that chapter.

Someone very wise and clever (can't remember who) once said that if you touch just one person with your work, it is a huge achievement. (Or something to that effect.) Congratulations. I love HFA. I never want it to end.
Mintaka the Comedienne chapter 4 . 2/27/2008
Erm...where it says "The Canon character students where seated at there own tables..." it should be "The Canon character students were seated at their own tables..."
Halan Lore chapter 50 . 2/23/2008
I really think this story was a good idea. -feels like an idiot- What's a Mary Sue by the way?
Mintaka the Comedienne chapter 13 . 1/31/2008
If the Mini-Aragogs were TRULY Gollum-like, they would be saying "fishses," not "fishies." I DO like the LotR reference, though.

Ha ha, I liked Lord Voldemort's Happy Dance. And the Unthinkable Evil. I thought of Barney singing "Hit me baby, one more time," and I wanted to scream and laugh at the same time.
Elentari the Second chapter 7 . 1/19/2008
I have an actual account under this name, in case you were wondering.

"Meir Brin watched fondly as the Mini-Aragogs drug the fanwriter up a flight of stairs."

Tsk tsk...I may have commented on this months ago if I reviewed at all, but I can't remember now. For someone running a Fanfiction Academy, your grammar needs improving...I drag, I dragged, I have dragged. Never I drug. Or they drug, in this case. Unless you mean the present tense of the verb 'to drug', which is not what you meant here, I think.

I know 'ring' becomes rang and have rung, and drink becomes drank and have drunk - but drag does not follow that rule. It's generally only verbs that have an 'i' in the present tense, rather like the German way of conjugating certain verbs.

It should be corrected to save your reputation.

Regards,

Elentari II
Protector of Canon2 chapter 20 . 12/3/2007
The "Generic Holiday Tree"?

Thank you from the bottom of my Jewish heart.

By the way, can I apply to the second year?
Protector of Canon2 chapter 17 . 12/3/2007
I'm sorry, no essays at Hogwarts?

Has she READ the books?