Reviews for Esau and Jacob say their goodbyes
Natalie Rushman chapter 9 . 4/29
I like the way you write Loki's healing magic. That was cool. Very easy to 'feel' as a reader.

Jane's leaving him the note and the way she thought he would be angry that she put a blanket on him were awesome.

And the scene at the end? Really powerful and sad after the scene at the beginning from Loki's pov.
Natalie Rushman chapter 8 . 4/25
Thor and Jane's conversation at the beginning was cute. Poor, precious Thor. I feel so bad for him. And Loki's really got Jane in a tight place too. Best part is, all of their arguments make sense. I love it.

The intro of Loki's section was great. The way he was staring at the blood was creepy - in a good way. The words you chose were perfect.

And - speaking of perfect - I LOVED Loki's responses to Thor being in battle with Ultron. 'Typical. Absolutely typical.' He was sarcastic and sassy and WE knew he was low-grade panicking, but Jane didn't and neither would anybody else watching. It was beautiful.

Him missing his mom was SO SAD. I just wanted to give him a hug!

I don't know that I like where this is going, but the way there is both beautiful and heart wrenching. You do an amazing job.
Laserbird777 chapter 12 . 4/24
OMG! You just made me sad, really sad...It's so moving! I'm feeling my tears just keeps running down! Beautiful.
Natalie Rushman chapter 7 . 4/18
Oh I LIKE this! Her storming up there all purposeful only to be stopped. Really enjoyed the comparison of the blood to lipstick on the glass.

"Now I'm just a little delayed in the dying part." Good line.

Her brainstorming was the cutest thing. I don't know HOW you do it, but I can't dislike her when you write her.

I liked it when he knocked her down. He's so strong and she's so mortal. Very funny comparison.

New favorite line: "I'm sure the novelty wears off by the third time."

Ooo. Jane does NOT play nice. But Loki doesn't really allow for that either, I suppose. Him with the coffee table was perfect.
Natalie Rushman chapter 6 . 4/13
Another parallel with Jacob and Esau. Mom liked little brother best ;)

Ha! Liked the imagery of Loki being on the other side of the train. Very cinematic ;)

The way Jane scatters when she thinks and talks is really REALLY well-done. You have an impressive grasp of these characters.

I love that he makes her follow him out. I like this beginning. Reads like a movie script. Kinda dream-like.

A pixie! Love it. And I can't help it, I laughed when she kicked him.

That memory sequence was so SAD! Poor babies ;( I get WHY Loki's being the way he is. Hell, I'd probably do the same thing in his position. But I wish they could get along without 'death making their love perfect'.

He was making stew in her apartment. Of course he was. lol. The juxtaposition of the depressing and the humorous in this story is magical. I love how he acts like everything's normal.

"I don't expect you to keep my cover.I expect you to do what's right." Gah. I love him.

And Darcy's awesome. "It makes me feel so alive" X)

Erik's good too. Sounds like him. His usual diplomatic self.

Can't wait to see where this goes!
Natalie Rushman chapter 5 . 4/11
Jane continues to impress. Usually I'm anything but a fan but you write her quite well. Not sure what you do that's so different, but it's amazing ;) Really loved the way she's stumbling over herself the whole time as she's talking first to Loki, then to Thor. Very funny. And Loki's responses to her are priceless. I love how poorly she reads him. And that last section with him in the hotel was heartbreaking. I love how angry you make him and how - at the same time - he's really just sad and broken. It's a hard balance and you pull it off amazingly.
I liked Thor and Sif together, both were in character, and it was a nice change from the past chapters - to see them in Asgard. His grief is still written so perfectly that it's palpable. You maintain it amazingly well. I liked Sif's comment about Loki making death complicated, that made me laugh because it's true. And I like that she feels stupid after threatening him. It's nice when people don't cling too tightly to their ideas.

I loved how you started the Loki section. How oblivious Jane is - either that, or how good he is at keeping up a front - maybe both? Very well-done. I love how differently you write the brothers, and how much and how obviously they still love each other. It's neat how you're working in the entire universe - Ronan and Amora and all that. Loki's been busy ;) I've commented a bunch of times on your writing of emotional pain and how well you depict it, but you're just as good at physical pain. I could almost FEEL it. The distortions and the way he communicates them to himself are all really interesting and evocative. I love how desperate he is to protect Thor by keeping Jane safe. And Jane's still not bothering me. Usually I tolerate her - at best. I loved his comment about her with the Aether.

And that last line! Things just got REALLY interesting ;)
Natalie Rushman chapter 3 . 3/8
Thor's grief is so HEAVY. This is a really well-done story. Sometimes I have to re-read a sentence a few times to get where you're going with it, but I think that actually lends itself to what you're doing. It's very scattered and very broken. I like the way you write Loki. He so desperately wants to see Thor again and wants things to be better and he's trying so hard not to. I like how he's really not in control of what he's doing here.

And kudos to you for Jane! She's never been my favorite part of the franchise - in fact - horrible as it sounds - I was a little disappointed she didn't die in the last movie. You bring her to life and animate her in a way that I can ACTUALLY get behind. I don't know if I've read a fanfiction that did that before. Watching her sass Coulson was epic.

I feel like this story is going to have a really sad ending, so I'm not sure if I really want to know where it's going. It's no reflection at all on you. I'm sure as hell going to read it. You've got me hooked ;)
Natalie Rushman chapter 2 . 1/18
Okay - LOVED your use of the word 'apparently' when describing Jane's curiosity right in the beginning of this chapter. I laughed my ass off. I liked the inclusion of the Agents of SHIELD edit into the story and the mention of Ultron in the States. You're really working the whole movie-verse in very well and I have to applaud you for that. It's not an easy feat. Jane's struggle with supporting Thor in his grief is very well-written and makes a lot of sense. She's in a hard place. And that last line of the Thor section about the city drowning was powerful. Very well done.

A 'parody' of the AllFather. Like it. Bitter. Humorous. In character. As is the struggle Loki experiences after. Odin's fall into the Odinsleep was powerful. I've seen his disappearance explained this way before (what other real answer IS there?), but usually they write Loki as immediately having a change of heart and I like that you didn't do that. He's angry, he's hurt, and he's very powerful. You bring all that out very well.

Really enjoying this.
Natalie Rushman chapter 1 . 1/11
Nice choice with the title! Really cool Biblical parallel. Thus far, this story is amazing. The descriptions are smooth and the dialogue is spot-on - which is hard to do. Thor and Jane were perfect and his experience of grief an helplessness is so hard not to empathize with as you read. The thunder in the back was a really nice touch. Not enough people play with his storms. And your grasp of Loki is impressive. He's fractured and powerful. Liked how many times you have him laugh or smile in this chapter. Startled me at first, but then I thought about it and no - you're absolutely right. That's just how he processes things. And Sif's questioning him, even when she thinks he's the Allfather was both in character and unexpected. Really liked the 'splinter in his bones' description. Masterfully done ;) I can't wait to see where you take this!
fieldsoffebruary chapter 12 . 5/22/2016
My heart is broken and I cried like a baby.
Nelyo chapter 12 . 4/24/2016
This is literally the only writing here I have ever read that has actually managed to make me tear up, which is a rather difficult feat.
Beautifully heart wrenching in the best way possible. The characters were spot on through to the end and the story was skillfully and fluently told. The plot was plausible and perfectly paced across the chapters. There's no stumbling or errors throughout the tale. Basically, a perfect piece overall, in my opinion.
Accurate words of praise escape me.
Father of Understanding chapter 12 . 1/20/2016
Loki! *wails and mourns* My baby!

This was beautiful. *sniffs*
Professor Hyraxi chapter 12 . 12/11/2015
This is a fantastic story and I enjoyed it a lot! Thank you for taking the time to make it. (:
Devoregirl chapter 12 . 11/18/2015
I'm a sobbing mess. Great story. But my heart is broken
354 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »