Reviews for Esau and Jacob say their goodbyes
aquacrow chapter 2 . 11/26/2013
This is awesome. I love the way you've written Loki, it's perfect. I like where this is going, but...is Loki dying? D: anyway, keep up the fantastic work, I can hardly wait to read more! :)
The Pearl Maiden chapter 2 . 11/26/2013
Can't wait to see where you go with this! :)
GoodForBad chapter 2 . 11/26/2013
Holy mother of Asgard. I do not think I can say it enough - you are one fantastic writer. Somehow, you are able to portray a wide array of emotions that usually can only be felt if one is experiencing them in real life - yet here I am, saddened and compassionate for characters that do not even exist.

BraVO...you just made my day.
HaloFin17 chapter 2 . 11/26/2013
Well, I'll give Jane an A for effort - trying to distract Thor with food is probably as good an idea as any.

And then there's Loki. What a beautiful scene you've painted between him and Odin! Your portrayal of those events the movie concealed from us and how Loki responded afterward are almost exactly what I had evisioned, as well. Loki does seem to have that sleep-inducing effect on Odin, doesn't he? And I also agree that, despite all of Loki's anger, I just can't see him murdering Odin in cold blood. Nope, cannot see it happening.

But now on to the far more pressing issue. You're killing him, aren't you? There was just such a theme of relentless death in the second part of this chapter - tragically wonderful, as you often do so very well. He still isn't fully healed from that wound, and it's not getting any better. Btw, I love how you made the correlation between his wound and Coulson's.

Maybe you'll devise some way to ultimately save him in future chapters, but I would be surprised if you did not, nor would I honestly blame you. You've set yourself up for a great way to explore Loki's motives and character some more, perhaps before giving him a third, final death scene. If that is your plan, I've no doubt you'll do it fabulous justice :-)

Love this!
Halo
DietCokeLemon chapter 2 . 11/26/2013
Oh my, another terrific story, yay! I'm really curious where you're going with this, I was surprised to find another chapter because I've assumed the first was a one-shot... but all the better! :)
Sorrow Reminisce chapter 2 . 11/26/2013
Intriguing story! I'm really interested to know where your going with this. What does Loki have up his sleeve now?
Donna Rose chapter 2 . 11/25/2013
a gold star for not committing patricide again loki
Marvelite5Ever chapter 2 . 11/25/2013
Oh! Oh my... you never cease to amaze me with your portrayal of sorrow and loss and emotional conflict, it's all so painfully potent.
So Loki's dying from the wound in his chest? I'm guessing he's going to end up where Thor is... I mean he doesn't really have anyone else, doesn't have anywhere else to go. And fdjkfjdskfj how they ache for each other... hehe I want them to reunite so bad, their brotherly love is amazing, and just how they kind of need and define each other...
And I also like how you almost kind of sort of slightly redeem Odin here and show that he actually sort of loves Loki ;P
I look forward to reading where you take this!
perihelion12 chapter 2 . 11/25/2013
Looookkkiiii uuuuugghghhhhghgh

Poor Thor though seriously D:

I can't wait to see what Loki is trying to do...assuming he even knows

I'm a little confused though, on the AO3 version...Jane knows Loki's alive? Or does she find out later?
Eringo94 chapter 2 . 11/25/2013
My heart was literally thumping in my chest! I actually thought Loki was going to do it. I'm happy he didn't. And poor poor poor Thor :(

Great chapter! Can't wait for the next update! :D
Liana Legaspi chapter 2 . 11/25/2013
Amazing job, love it.
okavangodino chapter 2 . 11/25/2013
I look forward to your story so much and at the same time I am so scared. May I ask if the AO3 version and this one will be the same and differ only in the ending, or each chapter is different on each site?
Am I understanding it well that Loki is ill? I do not mean mentally, but physically or why else is he so sure he will be reunited with Frigga before Odin? Or is he planning something where he will die (again) and I should just have patience? ;)
Thanks for the new chapter!
linde13 chapter 2 . 11/25/2013
I'm glad that you're writing another story.
GoodForBad chapter 1 . 11/25/2013
I have noticed various Biblical themes in your stories, and I must admit, I rather like the title and what you have started here. Esau and Jacob - Loki and Thor. That's brilliant. I do hope there is more.
HaloFin17 chapter 1 . 11/20/2013
My dear Lady Charity, I can't tell you how excited I was to come across a new fic from you, and I absolutely love what you're doing here so far! Everything from Thor's dreams to Loki's lingering pain and fear of Thanos - it's a wonderful balm for some of my tortured feels that TDW left in its wake. Already I can't even guess whether you intend for this to have an overall happy or sad ending. Perhaps bittersweet, as is often so fitting for these two? I like the title too, though I hope our boys have a chance to interact some more and that their "goodbye" might somehow not be final.

Can't wait for your next update, and thanks for posting!
Halo