Reviews for Esau and Jacob say their goodbyes
Guest chapter 3 . 12/4/2013
More more more more pleaseeee
Ameban chapter 3 . 12/4/2013
I'm very curius about this story, really. A while back I read your popular BlackFrost "Syrja", so finding out you have another long story based on the last movie is very interesting. I'm really interested where this is going to head.
I like the idea of Jane trying to keep Thor's personal issues in private; I find disturbing S.H.I.E.L.D. (and Coulson) are pretty aware about many of the reasons behind NY invassion by Loki. However, it seems Thor is more depresed by Loki's dead than by his mon's dead.
Just curious... when Loki addopts a Midgardian look, you just say he's readhead. Are you trying to say he looks like Hiddles? In such case, Jane might find certain resemblance between them.

Finally, a little advice here :-)...
I've noticed everytime a character talks, your narration is "Jane says", "Thor says" "Coulson says"... etc... It's a little annoying and makes the dialoges poor to read. You better use other verbs suchs as "Jane asks, questionates, wonders, replies,etc..." Therefore you also add a better portraying to characters' mind. I'm not English native, but precisely because that reason, I can see the flaw in your dialoges writting as something too obvious.

I look forward to see the next.
HaloFin17 chapter 3 . 12/3/2013
Oh my goodness, there are so many wonderful/terrible things on the verge of happening here! Unfortunately, everything I want to happen is exactly what the proud, stubborn side of Loki doesn't want to happen. Funny how it often works out that way, isn't it?

It really hits me in this chapter how you do such a marvelous job of depicting the warring desires inside Thor & Loki - and I suspect Jane might soon be added to the list of majorly conflicted characters. So much hangs in the balance, everything ready to tip over with just the right provocation. I can only hope you'll provide that impetus so we can see the necessary revelations come to light :-)

Cannot wait for the next update, this is wonderful!
Halo
Avatar Aang chapter 3 . 12/3/2013
More more more more more pleaseeeee
Guest chapter 3 . 12/2/2013
From your description of his disguise, I actually imagined him looking like Hiddleston; so yeah, I'm gonna stick to that visual for now.

But oh, Loki, what have the norns gotten yourself into? And will he and Thor ever meet and well...reconcile? How does dear Jane fit into this? Should I prepare myself for the impending emotional breakdown? The summary just leaves me feling lost and nervous but intrigued enough to venture in this story you've laid out.
debbiexie chapter 3 . 12/2/2013
This is so good!
What's happening to Loki? Is he poisoned?
isi7140 chapter 3 . 12/2/2013
Wow.
Best post-Dark World fic ever. I'm serious.
I absolutely love the characters in this. Everything is perfect. Thor's silently suffering, doing what he needs to do, Jane is trying to do what she can to solve problems and help him while trying not to hurt him any more. Which is pretty much impossible. And Loki... he wants to escape, forget, disappear — except when it comes to the chance of seeing Thor, he simply can't help himself. Beautifully done.
Eringo94 chapter 3 . 12/2/2013
Ugh why did Thor leave! He would have seen Loki! And then he would be happy! When Thor's not happy, I'm not happy.

Great chapter! Mondays are becoming my favorite day of the week- your updates make my week!
The Pearl Maiden chapter 3 . 12/2/2013
GAH. This is killing me. I need Thor and Loki to reunite. I need it like I need air. GAH. GIVE IT TO MEEEEE.
Donna Rose chapter 3 . 12/2/2013
"...or at least, not when she uses it for speaking." laughs
okavangodino chapter 3 . 12/2/2013
What is happening with the stars? I am so ignorant of astrophysics!
You go Jane, reminding SHIELD of the time they took away all your research and for not gossiping on Thor!
What is happening with Loki's magic? Is his magic not allowing him to die? Is this why he did not die in the Void the first time he tried to kill himself?
Gahhh knowing you this ends with him dying (again) or him wishing he was dead, because obviously he is dying and suffering from a half-life here? :( This is going to hurt so much.
The line that his disguise is holding up because nobody looks at real him with such pleased eagerness. All the sadness.
Thanks for the new chapter!
Self-Inflicted Insanity chapter 3 . 12/2/2013
Oh Loki, you fool, stop denying that you love Thor and want to see him! Just go see him already! This chapter was just so painfully heart-wrenching, how /hard/ Loki's trying to convince himself he doesn't care and yet how /obvious/ it is how much he really does care.
I'm really curious though about Loki's condition - you haven't really explained much about it, either than that his magic is keeping him alive, though he's still dying and in pain... and you mentioned a few times Loki's skin being gray, which his skin turned in the movie, so I'm guessing here that that's part of some curse that was on the blade and is now in his body, how he said their was an unfamiliar magic in his gut that he wants to rip out?
And how he has this need to stop Thanos, though he doesn't seem to know what to do about it... so Thanos is a threat still, and there's this scientific anomaly that Jane and Thor are investigating, and it probably has something to do with Thanos, and they're going to need Loki for something probably... AND UGH I JUST WANT THOR AND LOKI TO UNITE AGAIN ;-;
And I love how you show Thor's pain, how much losing Frigga and Loki has affected him :(
Also, I absolutely LOVE your portrayal of Jane! Just like what a kind person she is, wanting to help a random Freshman, and then also how she wouldn't tell Coulson anything about Thor - that part made me so ridiculously happy, how she was so snarky and handed Phil her business card like 'hello, scientist, not gossiper' and just YES for her sticking up to Shield! They really were such jerks, taking all her research away that one time -_- And that they took /everything/ - I mean, what information are they gonna need on a freaking iPod?!
Ahem. Anyways, thank you so much for this chapter! And if I haven't said this already, I'm really happy that you're continuing to write fanfiction, and I look forward to seeing where you take this :3
MistressOfMalplaquet chapter 3 . 12/2/2013
Excellent writing!
Ordis chapter 2 . 11/27/2013
... Let'spretendthiswasontime?

I am feeling for woobie!Loki right now D: And also Thor and Jane *hugs her* And also wondering if I should put off reading until /after/ I find out if Loki ultimately lives or not...
Lilith chapter 2 . 11/26/2013
Impossible, but you made me crying twice as much as movie did. Poor, poor Loki - and poor Thor. It's the first fic in which I found Thor really dealing with all what happend, with his double loss. But the most touching part was the last one, with Loki and Odin. Everywhere Loki is the happier one, the one who reaches his goal. Even if he misses Thor, he usually is a good king at first place (we all know it will not happen. We all want this to happen). And here - Loki, who resigned. So lonely. It's hearth-breaking.
I'm looking forward for the new chapter. This story is brilliant.
338 | « Prev Page 1 .. 11 18 19 20 21 22 .. Last Next »