Reviews for Esau and Jacob say their goodbyes
Donna Rose chapter 3 . 12/2/2013
"...or at least, not when she uses it for speaking." laughs
okavangodino chapter 3 . 12/2/2013
What is happening with the stars? I am so ignorant of astrophysics!
You go Jane, reminding SHIELD of the time they took away all your research and for not gossiping on Thor!
What is happening with Loki's magic? Is his magic not allowing him to die? Is this why he did not die in the Void the first time he tried to kill himself?
Gahhh knowing you this ends with him dying (again) or him wishing he was dead, because obviously he is dying and suffering from a half-life here? :( This is going to hurt so much.
The line that his disguise is holding up because nobody looks at real him with such pleased eagerness. All the sadness.
Thanks for the new chapter!
Marvelite5Ever chapter 3 . 12/2/2013
Oh Loki, you fool, stop denying that you love Thor and want to see him! Just go see him already! This chapter was just so painfully heart-wrenching, how /hard/ Loki's trying to convince himself he doesn't care and yet how /obvious/ it is how much he really does care.
I'm really curious though about Loki's condition - you haven't really explained much about it, either than that his magic is keeping him alive, though he's still dying and in pain... and you mentioned a few times Loki's skin being gray, which his skin turned in the movie, so I'm guessing here that that's part of some curse that was on the blade and is now in his body, how he said their was an unfamiliar magic in his gut that he wants to rip out?
And how he has this need to stop Thanos, though he doesn't seem to know what to do about it... so Thanos is a threat still, and there's this scientific anomaly that Jane and Thor are investigating, and it probably has something to do with Thanos, and they're going to need Loki for something probably... AND UGH I JUST WANT THOR AND LOKI TO UNITE AGAIN ;-;
And I love how you show Thor's pain, how much losing Frigga and Loki has affected him :(
Also, I absolutely LOVE your portrayal of Jane! Just like what a kind person she is, wanting to help a random Freshman, and then also how she wouldn't tell Coulson anything about Thor - that part made me so ridiculously happy, how she was so snarky and handed Phil her business card like 'hello, scientist, not gossiper' and just YES for her sticking up to Shield! They really were such jerks, taking all her research away that one time -_- And that they took /everything/ - I mean, what information are they gonna need on a freaking iPod?!
Ahem. Anyways, thank you so much for this chapter! And if I haven't said this already, I'm really happy that you're continuing to write fanfiction, and I look forward to seeing where you take this :3
MistressOfMalplaquet chapter 3 . 12/2/2013
Excellent writing!
Ordis chapter 2 . 11/27/2013
... Let'spretendthiswasontime?

I am feeling for woobie!Loki right now D: And also Thor and Jane *hugs her* And also wondering if I should put off reading until /after/ I find out if Loki ultimately lives or not...
Lilith chapter 2 . 11/26/2013
Impossible, but you made me crying twice as much as movie did. Poor, poor Loki - and poor Thor. It's the first fic in which I found Thor really dealing with all what happend, with his double loss. But the most touching part was the last one, with Loki and Odin. Everywhere Loki is the happier one, the one who reaches his goal. Even if he misses Thor, he usually is a good king at first place (we all know it will not happen. We all want this to happen). And here - Loki, who resigned. So lonely. It's hearth-breaking.
I'm looking forward for the new chapter. This story is brilliant.
aquacrow chapter 2 . 11/26/2013
This is awesome. I love the way you've written Loki, it's perfect. I like where this is going, but...is Loki dying? D: anyway, keep up the fantastic work, I can hardly wait to read more! :)
The Pearl Maiden chapter 2 . 11/26/2013
Can't wait to see where you go with this! :)
GoodForBad chapter 2 . 11/26/2013
Holy mother of Asgard. I do not think I can say it enough - you are one fantastic writer. Somehow, you are able to portray a wide array of emotions that usually can only be felt if one is experiencing them in real life - yet here I am, saddened and compassionate for characters that do not even exist.

BraVO...you just made my day.
HaloFin17 chapter 2 . 11/26/2013
Well, I'll give Jane an A for effort - trying to distract Thor with food is probably as good an idea as any.

And then there's Loki. What a beautiful scene you've painted between him and Odin! Your portrayal of those events the movie concealed from us and how Loki responded afterward are almost exactly what I had evisioned, as well. Loki does seem to have that sleep-inducing effect on Odin, doesn't he? And I also agree that, despite all of Loki's anger, I just can't see him murdering Odin in cold blood. Nope, cannot see it happening.

But now on to the far more pressing issue. You're killing him, aren't you? There was just such a theme of relentless death in the second part of this chapter - tragically wonderful, as you often do so very well. He still isn't fully healed from that wound, and it's not getting any better. Btw, I love how you made the correlation between his wound and Coulson's.

Maybe you'll devise some way to ultimately save him in future chapters, but I would be surprised if you did not, nor would I honestly blame you. You've set yourself up for a great way to explore Loki's motives and character some more, perhaps before giving him a third, final death scene. If that is your plan, I've no doubt you'll do it fabulous justice :-)

Love this!
Halo
DietCokeLemon chapter 2 . 11/26/2013
Oh my, another terrific story, yay! I'm really curious where you're going with this, I was surprised to find another chapter because I've assumed the first was a one-shot... but all the better! :)
Sorrow Reminisce chapter 2 . 11/26/2013
Intriguing story! I'm really interested to know where your going with this. What does Loki have up his sleeve now?
Donna Rose chapter 2 . 11/25/2013
a gold star for not committing patricide again loki
Marvelite5Ever chapter 2 . 11/25/2013
Oh! Oh my... you never cease to amaze me with your portrayal of sorrow and loss and emotional conflict, it's all so painfully potent.
So Loki's dying from the wound in his chest? I'm guessing he's going to end up where Thor is... I mean he doesn't really have anyone else, doesn't have anywhere else to go. And fdjkfjdskfj how they ache for each other... hehe I want them to reunite so bad, their brotherly love is amazing, and just how they kind of need and define each other...
And I also like how you almost kind of sort of slightly redeem Odin here and show that he actually sort of loves Loki ;P
I look forward to reading where you take this!
perihelion12 chapter 2 . 11/25/2013
Looookkkiiii uuuuugghghhhhghgh

Poor Thor though seriously D:

I can't wait to see what Loki is trying to do...assuming he even knows

I'm a little confused though, on the AO3 version...Jane knows Loki's alive? Or does she find out later?
329 | « Prev Page 1 .. 11 18 19 20 21 22 Next »