Reviews for Esau and Jacob say their goodbyes
boasamishipper chapter 12 . 3/5/2014
Absolutely one of the best fanfics in this fandom. The writing was beautiful, Thor's mourning was absolutely heartbreaking, Loki was so...Loki, and I wanted to cry about every five seconds with this fic because it is just SO DAMN GOOD. And then when Loki thinks that Thor loved him more when he was dead, that just did me in. :( *sniffs* I think I wasted like a pack of tissues on this fic.
Loved this thing to death and back and will forever reread it. I MAY even put it on my favorites list. :)
Awesome job on this and I can't wait to read what you come up next.
Yours in Fanfiction,
-Boa :)
Diadorim chapter 12 . 3/5/2014
Sad sad sad... this version is so sad too!
Chades chapter 12 . 3/1/2014
You know what? I am done. I'll just try not to sob into my pillow and go to sleep. I thought it couldn't get any sadder but boy, was I wrong. The version on AO3 was bad enough but this? This just broke me. I'll go and look at some puppies now to feel less like someone punched a hole through my chest. Thanks, this fic didn't hurt at all. (I loved it but right now my feelings are sending mixed signals so I can't come up with any praise that would do it justice.)
Prisca Machado chapter 1 . 2/24/2014
I read this first in AO3. I cried. Shamelessly, in the middle of a bus while going to college. Strangely, though, I didn't care. I'm not an emotive person but I seem to lose it when it comes to your writing. You are honestly very talented and you know your way with words too well for your reader's good. We are bombarded with emotion I'm not certain anyone can handle without losing the ability to do anything other than reel. But I digress.

As I said, I read the AO3 ending first and felt the pang in my heart to see him die with only Jane in there to witness it. It's something raw and hurtful and just wrong, because he does not deserve it. It doesn't matter what he's done or if all the terrible things he did he did for a reason or just out of spite, it's something that just couldn't have happened. It's just too sad. No one deserves to hurt so much, in such agonizing silence trying to protect their loved ones from their thrice as death. His rationalization is too cruel, even more because there's reason for it.

He died, I watched two classes barely paying any attention to my teachers and game theory until I could go back home. And then I read this, in a bus. Does it ring a bell? I cried again, I suffered again, but with a different quality to it. It is still sad and hurtful but it's not as raw. It's hard to say which one is better or if that kind of statement makes any sense at all. I feel like I'm still overwhelmed by it and I don't know quite well what I will expect when we get to see Loki again on the big screen. I'll probably watch his eyes looking for hurt and death, and if I don't find it will it be any good?
SigynDenning chapter 12 . 2/22/2014
I hate this story, I hate that you wrote this story, and I hate that it's so good I couldn't stop reading and torturing myself until the end. T.T

Seriously though. Wow. I can't say I loved this story... (maybe one day... but right now, it hurts too much... xD) But I can say, you are an amazing writer, and you will go far. No story has ever caused me this much emotion. And no story has been so good and so beautiful that I wish I'd never read it.

Good luck with your original fiction. I know you'll be great! :)
jlklai98 chapter 12 . 2/16/2014
Brb crying... That was a fantastic fic. Ugh I can't even. It's just... you made me like Jane and Thor and Loki's love and just the ending ok bye I think I'm dead.
stalrua chapter 12 . 2/12/2014
This broke my heart in the best and worst possible ways. I've read plenty of stories that made me sad, but this is the first one I've shed a tear for. Lovely, really.
dabomb29 chapter 12 . 2/11/2014
What a beautiful fanfic! Your story is very well written and in great detail! You did a great job keeping everyone in character! It was beautiful story of bromance!
ClockworkInsomniac chapter 4 . 2/6/2014
if im honest, i had to stop reading and start laughing when Jane looks outside the window and yells "Is that a supernova?"
I honestly though she was doing one of those "look over there! its X" jokes at first.

It was mentioned earlier on too. something like the rays coming to earth being similar to a supernova. And it was again, bizzarre.
Not that this story is bad or anything close to that, but you need to research your work a little better. For a start, our star cannot go Supernova. It can only go nova. Second, Novas are kind of a big deal. To put it in perspective if the sun went nova during a full-moon night, the people on the darkside of the earth would burn to death in moonlight. Well, i say burn to death. More be instantly vaporised.
So yes. Well done on the Loki personality. Bad bad work on the scientific accuracies.
Pink Iced Llamanade chapter 12 . 2/6/2014
Oh my god. I finished the ao3 one and just finished this one. The line that really killed me and opened the floodgates this chapter was when Jane told Loki "I didn't do it for him" "I did it for you". Like wowowow how about no. How about you don't kill me this way. Hello darkness my old friend. Goodbye I am gone.
Too Lazy chapter 12 . 2/5/2014
You can't set up for what feels like a one shot and then say you are too busy to write. That's just plain mean! Great bittersweet story! I look foward to the next whenever it should happen!
Melody Raindo chapter 12 . 2/5/2014
I came here from AO3 hoping that there would be a happier ending but NOOOO, this ending is so much sadder than the other one. My feeeeels. If only Marvel did something like this to Loki, but no, they'll never take that risk or whatever they're afriad of, Loki will be alive and well with no problems whatsoever. Anyway I just wanted to say thank you for such a lovely fic and updating it promptly, I certainly will never look at Jane the same way!
darthxerik chapter 12 . 2/4/2014
Wow. That was terribly sad. But fulfilling because by the last chapter I KNEW this was how it would end, and had to. There was a beautiful closure, at least, to the overrunning arc: that these two brothers truly only cared about each other. Jane was like the spectator that WE are. And though the ending was more tragic than many fanfictions I read... it was very fitting. Thanks for taking me on this journey! :) I hope you can write more Thor fanfictions soon, or at some point when you feel inspired again!
lunairies chapter 12 . 2/4/2014
I thought typing "DEM FEELS" would make me sound like a retarded attention whore, so I just wanted to simply and properly express my feelings about this story in a single emote...

But, while I probably can't say this in the right words... I still have to try -
THIS STORY WAS AMAZING. It really explores Loki's personality, good and bad; while other stories highlight the negative parts of him (despite glorifying him to still be savable), the plot-line of your story completely and utterly breaks down the walls of prejudice - it shows just how vulnerable even the most "twisted" and "insane" person can be...
Infinite applause! THIS STORY GOES ON THE TOP OF MY FAVORITE LIST (I need a love button here FF)!

Kage
Liani Risate chapter 12 . 2/4/2014
"I think I'll go read that alternate ending now."
I think I cried harder. But just as well written as your counterpart cryfest:) I loved this so much, thank you thank you a thousand times for writing.
324 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »