Reviews for The Cat and The Toad
Razell chapter 18 . 7/29
Once again those idiot X-Men ruin everything. Honestly, they're as bad as Magneto, forcing people to come with them 'for their own good', sneaking into people's minds, drugging them if they don't come willingly. They're just another bunch of self-righteous hypocrites brainwashing people and fighting anyone who disagrees with them.

Poor Mortimer is completely broken, again. After this, he won't be able to trust anyone. His whole life has been betrayal and cruelty, what does the world expect of him if not to repay it in full? Of course, society would never allow itself to take the blame.

It's good to see your story being updated. I really need to work on mine as well. I enjoyed the update, even if it made me furious at The X-Men.
princessyuki08 chapter 17 . 6/11
Please update
TheLadyOfSouls chapter 17 . 12/13/2015
sometimes the xmen are really dense!
Razell chapter 17 . 10/6/2015
I hate Scott. Comics Scott, Movie Scott, Evo Scott... Cyclops is just a dick with control issues. And now he's made it look like Dahlia is cheating on Toad, leading to a massive X-pile-on for Mortimer.
Xavier's still an idiot.
Logan punching Scott was great! That should happen more often!

Mortimer is still bit insensitive, but hey, he's spent his whole life being a hated 'freak', and most of it as a terrorist and murderer. He's got a lot of baggage to deal with, and Cyclops and the others aren't making it any easier. Of course, i can't condone him attacking a whole restaurant to get at his girlfriend and her perceived lover. He lacks self-control. He has a lethal temper. But he's trying, despite interference from The X-Geeks.

I'm glad you were able to update, but the chapter made me sad. Hopefully our two lovebirds will be reunited...
crazehfreakbesasseh chapter 16 . 9/12/2015
PLEASEPLEASEPLEASE UPDATE I LOVE THIS SOSOSO MUCH
Razell chapter 16 . 4/23/2015
I take it the X-Men still don't know about the killings? Of course, it was self-defense... Still, killing is a terrible thing, and it would scar someone forever.

I had an amusing picture of Jean sneaking into Dahlia's mind and seeing her being intimate with Toad. I'm sure none of the three would find that amusing, but the look on Jean's face would be priceless.

I like how they shot down those two jerks who were mocking Mortimer at the store.

Poor Dahlia's in a state now, hopefully Toad can pull her through.

Great update, looking forward to more.
debatable-cerealkiller chapter 16 . 4/21/2015
Poor Dahlia. I can't help but feel that this should be considered as abuse. Not like physical you know but like mental. You're so good at writing that you make me feel bad for her. Keep the good writing and I look forward to another chapter.
Razell chapter 15 . 4/18/2015
Great Story,
Toad is a lot more realistic here than in some other stories I've read, he hates humanity, he has good reason to do so, but he still hates humans. He's not suddenly going to turn into a sweet little angel with a few acts of kindness, the hatred is pretty much all he knows. He was hated and mistreated, and Magneto turned him into something worse. He'll never truly overcome his conditioning, like attacking that drunk kid for calling him a 'freak', it's reflexive, fight or die.

I was thinking of writing a (non-romantic) story where he was saved by The Morlocks, but you beat me to it. He was imprisoned with Berzerker by the government in the Wolverine Origins movie, so I thought there might be some lingering kinship there... (I might write it anyway, if I get the time.)

Dahlia, she's getting a bit scary. Her mutation is getting out of her control, and she needs help, not necessarily Xavier, but someone with skill in the matter. The Morlocks are a bit dark, but they have to be, they have to stay hidden to survive, and can't risk people revealing their secrets to the world.

The part with Toad getting angry at the woman ignoring her kid to talk on the cellphone, I bet a lot of people have had that feeling.

Hope for an update when you can!

; )
debatable-cerealkiller chapter 15 . 1/8/2015
I just wanted to say that love this story immensely. It's just awesome.
Auua Ytjoml chapter 13 . 8/11/2014
You're back! I can hardly believe it. I hope you'll be updating more regularly now?
interesting re-start. I wonder how badly Toad will take it when he learns of the X-men's attempt to manipulate him... specifically their attempted use (whether she goes along with or not b/c it's not her he'll be angry) of Dahlia.
Guest chapter 13 . 3/8/2014
This hasn't been updated in a while so I just have 1 question...are you dead?
Guest chapter 1 . 2/23/2014
I love the little "thing" going on between her and Kurt. LOVE TRIANGLE!
Guest chapter 1 . 2/23/2014
I just love the little "thing ;-)" going on with her and Kurt. LOVE TRIANGLE!
Why u no update :,(
Wandering Mage011 chapter 12 . 1/3/2014
I really love Toad and Dablia interactions. I'm looking froward to seeing what you have planed next.