Reviews for The Cat and The Toad
Razell chapter 16 . 4/23
I take it the X-Men still don't know about the killings? Of course, it was self-defense... Still, killing is a terrible thing, and it would scar someone forever.

I had an amusing picture of Jean sneaking into Dahlia's mind and seeing her being intimate with Toad. I'm sure none of the three would find that amusing, but the look on Jean's face would be priceless.

I like how they shot down those two jerks who were mocking Mortimer at the store.

Poor Dahlia's in a state now, hopefully Toad can pull her through.

Great update, looking forward to more.
debatable-cerealkiller chapter 16 . 4/21
Poor Dahlia. I can't help but feel that this should be considered as abuse. Not like physical you know but like mental. You're so good at writing that you make me feel bad for her. Keep the good writing and I look forward to another chapter.
Razell chapter 15 . 4/18
Great Story,
Toad is a lot more realistic here than in some other stories I've read, he hates humanity, he has good reason to do so, but he still hates humans. He's not suddenly going to turn into a sweet little angel with a few acts of kindness, the hatred is pretty much all he knows. He was hated and mistreated, and Magneto turned him into something worse. He'll never truly overcome his conditioning, like attacking that drunk kid for calling him a 'freak', it's reflexive, fight or die.

I was thinking of writing a (non-romantic) story where he was saved by The Morlocks, but you beat me to it. He was imprisoned with Berzerker by the government in the Wolverine Origins movie, so I thought there might be some lingering kinship there... (I might write it anyway, if I get the time.)

Dahlia, she's getting a bit scary. Her mutation is getting out of her control, and she needs help, not necessarily Xavier, but someone with skill in the matter. The Morlocks are a bit dark, but they have to be, they have to stay hidden to survive, and can't risk people revealing their secrets to the world.

The part with Toad getting angry at the woman ignoring her kid to talk on the cellphone, I bet a lot of people have had that feeling.

Hope for an update when you can!

; )
debatable-cerealkiller chapter 15 . 1/8
I just wanted to say that love this story immensely. It's just awesome.
Auua Ytjoml chapter 13 . 8/11/2014
You're back! I can hardly believe it. I hope you'll be updating more regularly now?
interesting re-start. I wonder how badly Toad will take it when he learns of the X-men's attempt to manipulate him... specifically their attempted use (whether she goes along with or not b/c it's not her he'll be angry) of Dahlia.
Guest chapter 13 . 3/8/2014
This hasn't been updated in a while so I just have 1 question...are you dead?
Guest chapter 1 . 2/23/2014
I love the little "thing" going on between her and Kurt. LOVE TRIANGLE!
Guest chapter 1 . 2/23/2014
I just love the little "thing ;-)" going on with her and Kurt. LOVE TRIANGLE!
Why u no update :,(
Greengirl011 chapter 12 . 1/3/2014
I really love Toad and Dablia interactions. I'm looking froward to seeing what you have planed next.
ZabuzasGirl chapter 1 . 12/29/2013
Update immediately, please!
Schnuersenkel chapter 11 . 12/28/2013
Nice story so far! I can't wait to see what happens when the X-Men find out about Toad. And is there some chemistry between Nightcrawler and Dhalia?
Dhalia is really cute. I laughed every time her tail fluffed in the story.
I am looking forward to Wolverines and Dhalias trip. The big bad wolf and the kitty, a really funny combination. They have so different characters it should be amusing to have them interact.
Well, hopefully you won't take too long a break,
greetings from Germany,
Schnuersenkel
Auua Ytjoml chapter 11 . 12/26/2013
This situation is going explode soon...
Guest chapter 10 . 12/20/2013
I really love this story! There isn't enough Toad stories out there and I'm so happy with how much I like this one! Please don't stop writing!
kirarain09 chapter 8 . 12/7/2013
Hope toad apologieses soon. Good luck on finals!