Reviews for Fork in the Road
general whitefur chapter 1 . 11/28/2013
Well I enjoyed that thoroughly, nothing better than Fox and Krystal romance, diamond rings, and Christmas. I liked the back and forth between Fox and his doubtful self about whether or not he should propose, it is very Fox-like. Wonderful job sir, wonderful indeed.
-general whitefur
XxSanitariumxX chapter 1 . 11/24/2013
Aw this fluff! It's so good! I am the sucker for a good Fox and Krystal fluff story and this on was exceptionally good. A strong entry into the contest for certain. If I had to say anything bad about this it's that it didn't have much at all to do with Christmas, almost like it was a footnote than anything. If Krystal would have found the ring herself, I think that would have been the stronger link to Christmas, but the present course was enjoyable regardless.
Beyond An Anomaly chapter 1 . 11/24/2013
Awwwww, that was cute. :D

Fox's nervousness was probably my favorite part of the story as well. The part where he called Krystal a "foxy vixen" and then stating, "Who am I? Panther?" That made me chuckle. I can totally picture Fox being so nervous about asking Krystal, and his "reason to not intrude" was perfect; definitely fit his character to a T. (Oh, and I loved the part with Slippy calling about visiting Amanda's dad. Glad you could squeeze the frog in. :D)

I'm not a technical person, but I didn't find anything all that glaring. K.S, like said before, summed it up.

All in all, I really enjoyed this story. It was fluffy, in-character, and could definitely warm up a soul this holiday season. Good job, and good luck to you. :)

Merry [very early] Christmas! :D

Wolffury chapter 1 . 11/23/2013
Very nice. I think you handled the problems Fox and Krystal were having very well.
Emile The Watcher chapter 1 . 11/23/2013
This, this was good, I read it when you first uploaded it, but I just am finding time to wonder over here and drop off a review.

I loved the ideas here, you had Fox dead on for how nervous he would be considering the circumstances, and Krystal was pretty well done as well. Where did you get the idea to visit the empty space where Cerinia used to be by the way? Because that was genius.

The tension was nicely done as Krystal worried and Fox worried before it all came out in a nice way.

The only mistakes I saw, K.S. already pointed out, so I won't bother with those.

I will finish up this review with a congratulations on another beautiful story, That, and tell Pen to play nice with the kids, or I'll help Sword win that fight.

Amazing work again.

- Emile
Hysteria Rogers chapter 1 . 11/19/2013
really? oh my god, can i please stop review becasue every freaking time you create more and more amazing! does the gift of gab come through your hand naturally becasue this is ahhhh (scream). sword, i can just imagine you licking a candy cane to a point and poking pen with it.
Elarix chapter 1 . 11/19/2013
Dang it, you played the proposal scene card on us. There's not much left that can trump that.
Though obviously the scene has been done many times before, it is original in the sense that no one ever has the team return to the gaping hole of where Cerenia was in space.
My favorite parts were the visible signs of Fox's nervousness, those made me laugh!
Order and Chaos - Qui Iudicant chapter 1 . 11/19/2013
One thing that caused me to instantly connect with Krystal was her reminisces about her life on Cerinia: "playing games with the other children, listening to her father tell legends and myths meant to guide her in life, and helping her mother with work;" those are so like my Krystal that I couldn't help but be connected. (Though my Krystal would rather be out playing than *helping* with work.)

Aside from that, K. S. pretty much took the words out of my mouth because I saw the same mistakes that he did, but didn't comment because, one) I didn't see the use of present tense "is;" and two) I assumed those "puffs" were something that came from the ventilation. :P

But I do have one question: none of you seemed to explain why Christmas is a Cornerian holiday (though of course it is natural). But aside from the little nitpick, you three have scored well on just everything else.

Have a good "Sunday Next Before Advent" week. :)
K.S. Reynard chapter 1 . 11/19/2013
Aww, that was cute. Not the most original setup, but very nice and fluffy nontheless. The emotions of Fox and Krystal were played out magnificently, although I wanted to punch Fox throughout the entire story for being such a wimp. That *is* how he would act, though.

A few missteps stood out to me. One was your use of the present tense when you said that Fox could see when a fist *is* about to come his way. Past tense "was" would have fit that space better in my opinion. The other mistake was "the puffs were tickled his palm." ?! I know you didn't mean to put that in there, but there it was!

In lieu of those little hiccups, I enjoyed reading this. The suspense was strong, but not overbearing. Good job as usual.
Tempest of Reach chapter 1 . 11/19/2013
D'aaaawww... short and sweet, and I can easily see it happening.
bryan mccloud chapter 1 . 11/19/2013
might as well ask sword to dress up as santa
dajuanwilliams chapter 1 . 11/19/2013
this was a cute Christmas one-shot... And idc if im a guy i find it sweet
Matthais Unidostres chapter 1 . 11/19/2013
That's the best Krystal and Fox one shot I've read in quite a while. Good job. Very touching, and I liked how you portrayed the characters and wrote their reactions. I loved this. Excellent!