Reviews for The Road Ahead
deniselynne1966 chapter 10 . 7/17/2014
I hope we get Caryl in season 5. Beautiful...
DarylDixon'sLover chapter 10 . 12/17/2013
Love it xx
Guest chapter 9 . 12/9/2013
Ah! The last scene! Hope she's ok! Can't wait to see how this turns out. :)
DarylDixon'sLover chapter 9 . 12/9/2013
Love it xx poor Daryl
vickih chapter 8 . 12/9/2013
Carol wanting to warn the others is very much her and I love that daryl left it up to her while vowing to stay with her :)
DarylDixon'sLover chapter 8 . 12/9/2013
Love it xx
Guest chapter 7 . 12/6/2013
Daryl and Carol and stars...*sigh* Loving this! Keep going!
Guest chapter 7 . 12/6/2013
You write the two of them so well! I love it. :)
definitelywalkerbait chapter 5 . 11/21/2013
Beautifully written and great insight of the characters! I love how Carol is trapped in such a dark place but Daryl's presence is so liberating for her at the same time. Great development and I just realized how spot on the title of the story is. It's truly the road ahead of them and the ride is long, bumpy and full of potholes, but they both seem determined to get to the very end. You're doing an amazing job, my dear. Bravo!
definitelywalkerbait chapter 4 . 11/21/2013
Oh, God... *sigh* We had it coming, I guess :) Great chapter! The school scene perfectly illustrated how guilty and conflicted Carol is and how close to resign herself into a very dark place that equals her death. She's tough and vulnerable at the same and kind of taking everything out in an irrational anger towards Daryl who really is the only person that didn't abandon her. But I like that he seems to understand how to behave and takes it like a champ!
definitelywalkerbait chapter 3 . 11/21/2013
I really enjoy what you're doing here, that you take your time to develop the characters and slowly build Carol to face her actions. She's still in denial and alienates herself from her actions, doesn't want to talk about it and carefully guards the wall she has around her. I wonder if that will culminate with her being reckless and indiffirent about her own life. At the same time, she's smart and resourceful and makes a great match for Daryl :)

Extra kudos for Daryl's way of treating her. He's only half a step back but has absolute supervision of the situation, allows her to be in control (something she obviously needs very much) and only intervenes when she's mistaken to get her back in path. I like that he's not judgemental or pushing her to get everything out of her chest, but wants to be close and doesn't leave her alone and has to deal with his own inhibitions at the same time :)
definitelywalkerbait chapter 2 . 11/21/2013
*swoons* I loved this chapter, so sweet and intimate and full of understanding from Daryl's part. I really love the way he treats her, not pushing too hard, but accepting who she is and what she has done without questioning her. Carol breaking down and crying is the first step of a long healing path, I think, and I'm glad she won't have to face everything alone. Their sex scene was wonderful :) Well done!
definitelywalkerbait chapter 1 . 11/21/2013
What a wonderful dialogue :) Very well done, spot on and true to the characters. I love that she's not at all submissive and that he's willing to follow her lead, although I believe that her recently introduced coldness is nothing more than a protective shell. Let's see how this plays out :) Great first chapter!
Guest chapter 5 . 11/20/2013
Love how intimate they are with one another!
itsjustforshow chapter 5 . 11/20/2013
Wow still loving this story