Reviews for New Beginnings(Old, Discontinued Version)
AlphaHost chapter 39 . 11/21
haha really? I got nothing against female characters... But this is a really wierd decison, I'm gonna drop this, not because i can't deal with a female revan or anything like that. its just such a fucking wierd and stupid decison to change the gender like that. Anyway whatever, thanks for what you have written, good luck.
Kitedtk chapter 39 . 11/8
I'm sorry to say I won't be reading your rewrite. I am disappointed by your decision to take the easy path rather than challenge yourself. There is also possibly some bias as I can not imagine Revan as a woman and have no interest in reading such a story.

Good luck with your writing endeavours.
Lopez chapter 39 . 11/6
I hate you asshole
Abel.Kresnik02 chapter 39 . 11/6
Really liked what you have written so far. Too bad you had to drop it. But it is best you write what you comes naturally than force yourself to write what doesn't. Will miss this story.
I will not be reading the reboot for now seeing as it is mostly the same. Put it on follow at the moment. I will be back once it reaches 40 chapters so that the suspense doesn't kill me.
Bye for now. Looking forward to reading the Fem-Revan reboot.
madsloth chapter 39 . 11/6
I can’t really complain as I knew the story was abandon before I started, but man fan fic authors sure like to end their stories at or right before really good spots when they abandon them.

Thanks for writing what you did it was pretty good, will try and follow the rewrite.
AR 1993 chapter 39 . 11/5
Extremely disappointed to see that this story was discontinued, unfortunately I don't relate or like female Revan very much, so I will not be following the new story hoping that you leave this version up anyway so I can continue to reread it as one of the best Star Wars and Mass Effect crossovers I've read on this site.
BlackHorizon126 chapter 39 . 11/5
I have to be honest, it's really disappointing to see this story get abandoned.
I can understand your reasons for it, but it leaves me with an empty feeling. Your Revan portrayal was one of the best I've read so far and your Rev/Shep interactions were always something I've enjoyed very much. I doubt that switching to a double fem lead will offer the same tension.
Still, if you feel that you won't enjoy writing anymore male Revan, then it is better that you go this way. If you just have to force yourself to write then the end result wouldn't be satisfactory and a disservice to what you have created so far.

Without intending to offend you, but I somehow have the feeling that one of the main reasons for switching to a female Revan is that you feel uncomfortable moving forward with a maleRev/femShep relationship. That you'd rather prefer an femRev/femShep pairing, even if that would mean rewriting most of the story... It's just that I can't believe that you can't imagine a Male Revan, given what an outstanding job you've done with him so far.
I'm not trying to be offensive or judgemental, it's just that the explanation feels shallow if we look back at what you have created so far.

In regards to your new story, I'll probably check it out sometime in the future. But I can say already that it won't be as enjoyable for me as this one. That is, because I've always played and identified Revan as Male and because that has been ingrained for over a decade, I'm just unable to really immerse myself in a femRev story.

Anyway, I want to wish you the best of luck with your new story, as well as many reviews, favorites, and follows. Stay Classy! ;)
Doominater84 chapter 39 . 11/5
Awesome! I look forward to checking it out!
Archodus Vaxal chapter 39 . 11/5
You could have asked any of your readers to describe male Revan for you.
Kal824 chapter 39 . 11/5
Sad to see what was easily the mess ME/SW crossover die. I wish you the best of luck with your new one but I probably will not be reading it. Personally I have an easier time connecting with a male MC and without that it kind of kills my enjoyment of what I'm sure will be a great tale.
SomeGuyOnlineXD chapter 39 . 11/5
I really hope you're new fiction does well :), but im sure i speak for a good amount of people in saying i will not be following you're story for the same reasons you are ending this story. Just as you can't imagine or relate to male revan i can't imagine or relate to a female revan . If you want to switch his gender then go head it's you're story and you should be able to like the characters in it, but i will not be following :(
DarthZaroc chapter 39 . 11/5
I'll restate just how disaponted I am you aren't continuing this version, The idea that you can't even picture male Revan honestly is more than a little surprising since you wrote him so well. Female Revan was never as interesting to me and I can't identify at all with that character partly because that's not cannon. I really hope you do come back this version one day, I won't be reading the new version. Just a damn shame.
rubeneliasrivera chapter 39 . 11/5
There is only one Revan and he is male. I understand not connecting to him but Revan is always Male in the canon. if you can't imagine him I would say you should play KOTR. He is in the game. I understand that since this is a fanfic you can do create an AU. But please reconsider making the Fem Revan story. I personally feel as though it will tarnish the reputation of Revan. If you are going to do a female lead story than can you do it where Shepard is male and instead of Revan coming to the Mass Effect universe it's Bastila Shan. Than I can see the story having some traction and appeal, but now I feel as though the story is ruined now. I don't want to sound rude or ignorant and I'm not trying to put you down but I really feel as though the story itself has just lost all appeal now. I'm sorry but please think about it.
madsloth chapter 4 . 11/4
so what happened to his crate that required two people to carry? and why was so little interest given to his shuttle and the wreckage of his ship?

not even Revan seems remotely interested in seeing what could be salvaged from it. If I found out I was in a primitive area I would probably try and salvage what was left of my tech that I could...
In the end, this is your story. YOU WRITE HOW YOU FEEL.

Honestly, reading some of these other reviews disgusts me; my fellow reviewers feel as if they're entitled on what they want from you, how they want it.

No. If you feel more comfortable writing a Fem!Revan, which (having played KOTOR myself) I personally don't care seeing as how (ignoring "canon") the character can be either gender, then you do it.

I personally cannot wait to see how the new story turns out. But thank you for giving us this story in the first place.
1,702 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »