Reviews for The Accidental Animagus
I never thought I would see the day when Lucius Malfoy made a reference to a prequel meme, much less in a non-crack fic. The story is above average (which, admittedly isn’t very high in the fanfic business, but I mean to say it’s high quality) and I enjoy reading it. Bravo author.
YamiTiger chapter 62 . 7/30
you made me snort at the Doctor Who/ Tennant reference! amazing chapter!
jasnrob chapter 61 . 7/26
I really like what you did with the visit to Myrtle's mother, made me tear up.
Judy Ahmed chapter 3 . 7/24
This fan fiction is superb
jasnrob chapter 7 . 7/22
Lovely interlude with Minerva, curious why they didn't send them to Diagon alley.
Lunar Moon Butterfly chapter 112 . 7/21
*sniff* ITS BEAUTIFUL!
*sniff* I wasn’t expecting to cry today, but oh well.
Mernom chapter 112 . 7/15
This is a good story.
The effort to plug the plot holes of Canon was well spent, the worldbuilding made the setting feel alive, and the side activities filled in the blanks between plot relevant events quite well.
I like the expanded array of events during the fourth year. Also, the idea with using ghosts to tech history is incredibly on point.

Draco Malfoy for a really good re imagining here. He started off around the same point as Canon (although, it makes a lot more sense that he's actually politically savvy), but as time went on, he got more of his own ideas in his head, rather than parroting his father. Especially fourth year.

I have two points of criticism about it, though. (disclaimer: I am not a writer myself, but I HAVE read quite a few stories by now. I find that I did pick up a few things. My criticism is entirely my opinion.)

First, it breaks POV consistency quite badly in a few spots.
POV consistency is when the scene POV doesn't hop around between different characters and narrator POV willy nilly. Another thing it requires is that when the story is from a certain POV, the narrator POV doesn't butt in with information the POV isn't aware of. The advantages of maintaining POV consistency are that it is clearer at all times who the POV character is (not as much of an issue with this sorry), and higher immersion.

The second point, which is a bit related to the first, is that at times you used the 'the main character did X with a great description, and then the narrator POV described how the side characters also did X in very sparse detains' method of describing certain events.

Improving the first point would most likely be difficult, as it would require a shift in writing style.
But the second point is a bit easier, have the POV character from the previous point have a small conversation to fill in the time while the others do the thing. And then scene break to after the thing is done.
Using narrator POV at the start of the scene to describe what happened between scenes doesn't feel nearly as intrusive, IMO.
Mernom chapter 97 . 7/14
Defeating the task of stealth with stealth is thematically appropriate.
Mernom chapter 89 . 7/14
I liked how you made Malfoy not completely dumb here. And now he stands at a tipping point. This should be interesting.
Mernom chapter 84 . 7/14
It would be amusing if Harry's friends belonged to some other setting with something supernatural featuring British lads and lasses. And have the constantly lie to each other using the truth. The moment of the final revelation would be epic.
Mernom chapter 35 . 7/12
Didn't Voldemort set up a taboo on his name during the first war? Or is it something that only happened in the second? Or is it not something widely known?
I'd expect Andi to have told them that otherwise.
lschierer chapter 46 . 7/2
I'm curious, why is it you maintain, as in the original books, that Harry gets better scores in defense class, but that Hermione is the better dueler?
helen101 chapter 112 . 7/1
That was excellent. Thank you for writing different tasks. Love the kitten animagus. Adored the kitten finds Hermione on her doorstep. I'd love a catnip aged 7 scene. Now I'm going to go find the sequel. Thank you.
stevem1 chapter 16 . 6/25
I don’t get why Harry and Hermione get sorted into Gryffindor in this story. In canon it made sense, not so much in this AU. They’re both very Ravenclaw.
CopenhagenBram chapter 16 . 6/20
"Dessert was soon winding down, and Harry surveyed the High Table, wondering when how they would be dismissed.

Did you mean to say 'when and how'?
5,041 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »