Reviews for Fleeting Comfort
Great job on this story! Love it. I felt like this is definitely what could have happened on the show. I wish we would have got an on screen reunion
Mrs Gordo chapter 2 . 1/8/2018
Ok cheated and read this one before finishing your other fic. I enjoyed your version of the offscreen meet. It felt genuine. I came undone when Angel said I love you. The last time he said it to her was IWRY but she doesn’t remember that so to her it’s been so so long. It was a powerful moment and given that Angel is overwhelmed with her recent loss and now having her back I feel like it’s in character for him to say it to her. Good read. :)
headupheelsdown chapter 1 . 11/1/2017
Love this! Very in character and in theme with the show. You kept the foreshadowing of season 6 in a remarkable way. All of this seemed to fit perfectly with canon, but was still your original work. That’s a difficult balance. I’m very impressed and off to investigate your other works!
BarbaritaTL chapter 2 . 10/12/2017
I really like your vision of the offshow-meeting of B&A... Really realistic and full of emotions as always! The more stories I read from you the more happy I am because there's somebody else in that world that feels the same way as I do! I appreciate that you picture the characters so well and that although you're BA friendly you don't leave Spike behind and don't ignore the lessons Buffy learnt in that relationship and in her dark state of mind! And I really love how you describe Angels feelings-as writers of the show didn't let him show his inner feelings that much by words it was DB's capacity of showing all his emotions and thoughts in his face and it is your gift to bring them into words! Angel's a very difficult character to describevery deep, vulnerable, caring and difficult to look through (that's what IMO many people that find Angel's character boring can't see) and I guess you're a quite sensitive person as you're able to describe the beautiful, truthful and innocent love-energy-bond between B&A in such a good way! Thank you for that!
Guest chapter 2 . 1/18/2017
I liked the idea of Angel quoting her words from Amends back to Buffy. Nice call there. I hadn't thought of the connection between those storylines before, but it does really fit.

I don't think their kiss/nearly having sex was too much, or OOC. In their previous meeting after Joyce's funeral, they did kiss and she did ask him to stay forever. It's a similar idea. Nice foreshadowing of her relationship with Spike too, with her being desperate to feel something and seeing sex as the route to do so.
Angelalex242 chapter 2 . 1/15/2017
The almost sex makes sense, considering what happened with Spike. Buffy's in such a low spot that the Curse no longer matters. But then, even if he wasn't cursed, having sex just then wouldn't be good for her. She needs more than to just feel. She needs to be loved. I'm glad they exchanged that before she went home.

Needy, vulnerable, easy...if the Curse were gone, I'd like to think Angel might stop her anyway, so she can give herself to him in a better way than that. Or maybe not. I'm of two minds about that. Could also consider it tantric healing. I dunno.
BrandiIndigo chapter 1 . 1/15/2017
I am super intrigued and can't wait to read more.
Guest chapter 1 . 1/12/2017
This is so intense and beautiful!
Angelalex242 chapter 1 . 1/12/2017
Remember that Angel can do what soulless Spike can't. His love for her is very real, he can connect with her heart in ways that simply can't be matched. I'd like to hope he can restore the light to Buffy's eyes...enough for her to latch on to him. But I imagine even broken Buffy is still Buffy, and Angel won't let the Curse trigger...so he has to stop her before she can give into her neediness and ravage him as she'd later ravage Spike. Perhaps even with a comment that even if he wasn't Cursed, taking her in the state she's in would lead her away from what she really wants to feel. It wouldn't be enough for Angel to have her feel 'something, anything.' He, still a Champion, will want her to feel the right thing. To connect with her heart. "When we make love, it needs to lift you up. Not tear you down. In the state you're in, you'd feel worse than before." (Prophetic, considering how her Spike relationship makes her feel.)
Flickerflame8 chapter 1 . 1/5/2017
Generally well-written, but I did notice a few areas where some words appeared to be missing. I didn't notice any OOCness since you asked about that in the initial author's note. Personally, I don't think she'd have told Angel about being in heaven, because I think her confiding in Spike was more of a "telling someone she didn't really care about, because speaking to people she did care about would be too real" thing - but that's just my opinion.

When exactly did Angel meet Spike and notice a change in his feelings towards Buffy? Are you talking as early as AtS season 1? Or have you made up another meeting between the 2 vampires? I can't remember another one myself pre-season 5, but I haven't watched most of Angel for ages. I thought most of Angel's reaction in Chosen was pure shock since he'd missed all of Spike's character development.
Guest chapter 2 . 5/17/2016
So Good!
krizue chapter 2 . 12/28/2015
Loved this; it was such a nice portrayal of tHEM
julianne chapter 2 . 2/19/2015
Thanks for this it was really good. It really sets up the thing where Buffy just wants to feel something so stupidly turns to Spike.

After all, she actually felt something with Angel here. Her emotions have been set in motion where before they were imprisoned within a hard shell of ice.

And you are right that her depression mirrors Angel's walk on the dark side. Although, I would have added that Angel's time in hell was a darker version of how Buffy feels on the hellmouth after being in some sort of heaven dimension.

You notice I don't literally call it heaven, because unlike others I'm not sure that Buffy was actually in heaven. She was in a happy place but she might have been sent there like the senior partners sent Lindsey to a pocket hell dimension sort of a holding cell.
Anna chapter 1 . 2/23/2014
This is the first fic on the B/A s6 meeting that has felt believable to me! I like your take on it.

Angel was mostly right about soulless Spike, but I wouldn't personally go so far as to say 100%. Maybe 90%...

Please update soon!
A.M.Rouss chapter 1 . 11/23/2013
Sounds like a good story so far. And finally, someone brings up the point that while Spike is soulless he can't truly love someone and that what he has for her is an obsession. I mean, he had Harmony dress up as Buffy for Christ's sake. Personally I agree with you completely agree with you about in that last authors note about why she would have a relationship with Spike in the first place. Anyways, keep up the good work.