Reviews for Sanguine Sunrise
MemoriesOfVoxei chapter 10 . 3/18
OMG You don't know how happy I am for that update! When I saw the notification in my inbox, I was practically jumping up and down and squealing of joy! I'm also very happy that you decided to follow my advice about changing the location to Eastern instead of Central! This chapter was very interesting, we got to know what happened to the boys and how it happened. I must agree with you though, the feels weren't as strong as you could have made them. Maybe you should have insisted more on the hesitation to kill their mother (no, the thing) or the horror of seeing the sudden change in her (its) behaviour and features. But in a way, the fact that you wrote it in Al's POV and the fact that he's more or less describing his dreams makes it almost seem like he's trying to forget the horror and the pain. I'm not very good to explain things like this... You wrote that the dreams were frequent, very frequent, and that he'd wake up screaming, crying, and /at the beginning/ vomiting, so my guess would be that through the days, months, years of always seeing the same horror, Alphonse is trying to be stronger by either getting numb, by trying not to feel because he knows it will hurt every time. Does that make sense?

Also, for the very same fact that it's A's POV and that he's describing his dreams makes a very good opportunity for you to write some kind of flash back later on, not someone telling their nightmare, but the actual happenings, but from Ed's POV. Then I believe the feels would be stronger, since Ed's the one who had to kill their mother (no, the thing), he was the one who had to face it head-on, and he was the one who got bitten not once, but twice by it. You could maybe insist on the physical pain of the attack, perhaps this might be what makes Ed truly realize that it's out to kill him and that his mother's spirit is really not there anymore and that it's a kill or be killed situation. Personally, perhaps I'd also insist on her (its) eyes, the way they're filled with hunger and killing intent, the way they're completely dead and practically unseeing... And how he finally got the courage to make a swing at her with the intent of killing her, but missing and having to do it another time, and again and again... And how he would think, when he looses his knife, that maybe he had failed her, that he had allowed her to turn into that monster because he had failed to see the changes without even knowing if their had been any real indices. That when he lost his knife, he thought that was it, it was the end for him and that he couldn't escape and that his own mother would kill him and eat him alive. And how to fight it off he really would have to kill his mother, and somehow the hesitation was back again even while it was trying to kill him. And how he would have to leave Al behind, and seeing his crying and terrorized face in his mind, and maybe that would have been the reason why he tried to reach for his knife again. Because he couldn't bare to leave him behind...

Yes, I believe this maybe would make the feels stronger x3 I hope what I wrote will help you in one way or another... and again, if you need some ideas, just tell me! I will gladly give you some x3

Can't wait to see what comes next :P
MemoriesOfVoxei (Vox)
Whoa! I loved this one! That was epic! I loved that it was in Al's pov too, I hope to see more of those! Keep up the great work!
NorthernMage chapter 10 . 3/15
This chapter made me want to hug Al and Ed. A lot.

It was pretty sad when I realised Trisha became a Chimera. It was really well done, don't worry.

Personally I don't mind if you take time to update. If you need time, you need time, that's all there is to it.

Looking forward to the next chapter!
rye chapter 10 . 3/15
I'm very happy you are continuing this. It's an au that could be like every other zombie au but it's got it's quirks and I'm really liking it so far.
This chapter was great, no matter what you say. I think you did a good job of making it really horror-like and terrible. It gives me the shivers. Having to kill your own mother...ugh.
Anyways, keep up the good work! Don't worry about updating tonnes, update when you can. School should be your first priority!
Girlinthewind76 chapter 10 . 3/15
YES! Glad you didn't abandon this fic like I thought! Love the "chim" concept, I feel like it raises a lot of questions like wether it's moral to kill them off, since perhaps a cure could be found since they're not exactly zombies. This story is like a chain of morbid "what ifs" that grip the reader's attention. Trisha's backstory makes sense, and was really well-imagined by the way. I also LOVE LOVE LOVE how you didn't just throw Winry into acceptance of the chim situation. At first she was terrified, useless at protecting herself, but eventually she grew to handle it and that's awesome because that's character growth:) I feel like she's still 'Winry' in your fic:D
Keep up the awesome work!:) AU's like yours inspired me to write my own :D
RockingCass12 chapter 10 . 3/15
You're being hard on yourself, I think this turned out well. Seeing the boys tramatic past in this set up was clever and the adaptation for the theme of the story was well done. To be honest I find this more gruesome than the actual anime's flashback scene, which I think you should be commended on. Imagining the thought of Trisha becoming a beast and Ed restorting to picking the life of him and his brother to his mothers *goosebump* I loved this story from day one, so keep doing what you do best!
MemoriesOfVoxei chapter 9 . 1/29
Chapter 9... has been read... TT_TT I really can't wait until your next update! This is the part I hate the most in stories! Well, no, the thirst to the worst thing that can happen in stories... I mean, the number 1 thing I hate is abandoned stories. I don't hate the stories themselves, but the ones who abandoned them... Number 2: Endings... Sounds weird, I know, but I hate it when a good story ends. I feel so empty afterwards... And number 3: Waiting time! When I have to wait for an update... it just makes me want to cry because I want to read more! MORE! IT'S TOO GOOD I CAN'T WAIT!

I repeat, if you ever need help with anything, don't hesitate to tell me, I'll gladly help. It doesn't look like you need a beta reader, but if you feel like it, you can ask me, it would be my pleasure!

I'll be awaiting the next chapter with eagerness and impatience,
MemoriesOfVoxei chapter 8 . 1/29
Chapter 9 is coming too soon! I already hope you update soon, and I didn't even read it yet! This chapter 8, however, I did read it, and I liked it! Yes, it was a bit short, but it's true that important things has been said.
As for your question up there... I guess it depends on where you want to bring this to. If you want to make it longer, then I suggest you changed the tiny bit of information... Starting in Eastern could also be a good excuse to make make more plot, like the group going in Central for various reasons... However, if you're not planning on making this fic too big, then maybe you should just keep it like that... Personally, I think you should change x3 After all, I DO want this fic to be long!

See you next chapter!
MemoriesOfVoxei chapter 7 . 1/29
Do you have any idea as to how good this fic is? If not... then I'm telling you, it's incredible! I think you will amaze me to no ends, just like you just did with this very chapter. It fits the situation perfectly, and you actually made me cry, you know that?

It's totally fine if you write longer chapters. The more words in it, the more thing we read, the more thing we read, the more addicted we become, the more addicted we become, the more we review and support you and love you and admire you and respect you and bow down to you, and the more we do all that, maybe the longer you'll write, and thus it forms a never-ending circle!

Anyway, it was amazing,
MemoriesOfVoxei chapter 6 . 1/29
That was really interesting... I really freaking like the whole reason for zombies - no, chims - that you came up with. It's not only realistic (which is kind of scary, because that means in a way that it COULD happen O_O) but it also makes a strong link with FMA!

I think I'll dream (or have nightmares?) of chims tonight...
MemoriesOfVoxei chapter 5 . 1/29
Wow... Excellent chapter! I definitely liked it a lot! Even if it was not Ed-centric, it was amazing and I have no second thoughts on the fact that this fic has potential. I want to see this get very far if possible, and you're the only one who can make that happen.

I also want to tell you a little something. Thank you for writing this story. You deserve to be thanked more often, because without you this would never have had been born! So, yes.

MemoriesOfVoxei chapter 4 . 1/29
Well, personally I'd like Ed-centric... But it's too late anyway x3 I'll just have to see next chapter what has been decided and... I CAN'T WAIT TO DISCOVER! I feel like this is really going somewhere, and I'm most definitely intrigued as to where everything will bring us all, you as a wonderful writer, and us as faithful readers.

Chapter 4 baby here I come!
MemoriesOfVoxei chapter 3 . 1/29
Amazing chapter! I loved the flashback, and Ed's pov, and all the things you hinted and EVERYTHING! I'll go check on your tumblr then! It's cool you're doing all of this, creating this fic, doing extra contents and actually continuing writing this fic... because it's really an original story and I don't want it to ever get abandoned, no matter why! Like I said, I'll always support you with this, so if you ever need anything, just tell me!

I should just stop repeating the same things over and over again... but I guess it just make it all the more true! I LOVE this fic! It's a fact and it always will be!

Love you,
MemoriesOfVoxei (Vox)
MemoriesOfVoxei chapter 2 . 1/29
I liked how you put Sciezka younger! I think it totally suits her! Now I'm feeling for Roy, having all those responsibilities on his shoulders... This chapter was really great, and held a lot of important information that I all stored in my head (probably to be forgotten in no time because that's just how I am...) My curiosity is no lesser than a few minutes ago, I'd even say it's become stronger and more urging...
Which is why I'm off to read chapter 3 now! x3

See you later,
MemoriesOfVoxei
MemoriesOfVoxei chapter 1 . 1/29
You want to know what I think of this? I think it's bloody brilliant! It's the very first Zombie Apocalypse setting I set my eyes upon! (Not that I was looking for that... I didn't even think it could exist!) And really, the idea is brand new (not me, at least!) and now I'm overly curious in knowing where you'll lead us with this! I'm planning to find out, so I'll stalk you for a little bit while longer and keep reading! So far it's really good and I can tell there's a lot of potential in this idea! I promise I'll support you as much as I can with this! So, if you ever need some kind of help, don't hesitate to tell me! I also appear to be a huge mine of ideas, if you ever need one! I can come up with a little simple thing as much as a whole complicated plot! Also, if you ever wish this fic to be beta-read, if it's not already, well... know that I'm free! It would be my pleasure!

Sincerely,