Reviews for Only the Strong
Guest chapter 1 . 3/24/2005
This was a pretty good story, but there was one mistake: Kaoru wasn't at the Takeda mansion, so Aoshi couldn't remember her. But aside from that, and a couple of spelling errors, it was very nice.
Kikyo-the-Walnut chapter 1 . 2/5/2005
This is angst and drama at its best. You perfected Aoshi's thoughts and actions. You're awesome.

-Zora
driftingwanderer chapter 1 . 10/23/2004
great job. very well writen. you hav a nice vocab.
Dishabille chapter 1 . 10/15/2004
I loved this, it dealt straightforwardly with Aoshi and his conflicts. The portrayals of him facing the Oniwabanshuu and him wanting to escape to Aizu were well-crafted. Just a note, though, that the characterization of Aoshi lacked simple depth in various parts of the story, making certain actions of his rather stale.

But, overall, great job! This story has been added to my C2 archive, Rurouni Revival. Keep up the good work in your other story, as well - looking forward to that, I am.
Monou Hakkai chapter 1 . 9/11/2003
Oh what a nice one shot fic. It's difficult to find any stories that are based on Aoshi and his actions during the Kyoto Arc. I think by reading this it was refreshing. He does a lot of good stories :)
Shimizu Hitomi chapter 1 . 6/1/2003
Hm... I really really liked this. (Aoshi's my fave character too!) I'm glad you didn't make his relationship with Misao blatantly romantic. You keep everyone very in character... Only one complaint: you keep shifting tenses. Argh. Not as bad as it could be, of course... but still irritating to my poor brain... _ I loved it still! Aoshi rulz! _
hakubaikou chapter 1 . 3/9/2003
This was really beautiful! I love character driven pieces. I haven't read any stories from Aoshi's POV before, so this was definitely something new. Very nice. I liked how you showed us his feelings while still preserving the cold exterior. The emotions were appropriately understated. I really liked this.
April-san chapter 1 . 12/10/2002
What a great story! A classic! It's hard to put Aoshi's feelings into words and you did it excellently without making him OOC. I look forward to reading your future works.
Aingeal Isilme chapter 1 . 10/13/2002
Oh, this is a wonderful fic... The pacing was perfect, all the characters acted accordingly, and it was touching and serious without becoming melodramatic. The only bad thing about your fic would be that it makes mine shrivel in comparison :P Fantastic oneshot!
C-Chan chapter 2 . 9/30/2002
Lol...I guess you could call it torture..*Grin* I do hope you write another story about the kyoto arc, and I hope even more you do it about Kenshin and Kaoru! I think you'd write a great story with those two...or anyone else! You're a really good writer, and I hope you write more stuff! I'm looking forward to it!
Susan Ann chapter 1 . 9/30/2002
Awesome insight into Aoshi's return after the fight with Shishio...
Araiey chapter 1 . 9/30/2002
Well-done! I see some points in writing I may follow from you; I'm almost ashamed to have you read my story! BTW, I've already visited your site on Aoshi, it's excellent! Nevermind about graphics, I think Aoshi wouldn't be into flashy stuff anyway!;)
Ron and his Sakura chapter 1 . 9/30/2002
hi-we enjoyed this and hope you will consider writing something more than just a one-shot. by the way, keep an eye on your verbs-the tenses jump around a little here and there.

and thx for your comments to our story-you've got a point and we'll make the change (along with a bunch other edits) after we're done with the rest of the fic.
Cherie Dee chapter 1 . 9/29/2002
Okay, I'm too lazy to sign in. I'm glad you posted. The nice thing about posting on is that you'll get readers from a wide range of ages. _ I think you did a good job in portraying Aoshi, I can honestly say that he is VERY difficult to portray. The interaction between he and Okina is excellent. You can see the close relationship they had, since he was raised by the old man, and you can also see the mutual respect for one another.

One other thing I like to point out is how something so simple Aoshi says, means a whole lot. "Okina, I...Thank you." It's those subtleties that make him a great character to write. _

Oh yeah, I'll be emailing you the chapters soon...yes...chapters...P

-CDee
cosmiccastway chapter 1 . 9/29/2002
OMG! That was soooooooooooooo good!