Reviews for The Betrothal
MaddieFayeth96 chapter 31 . 6/25
I finally caught up with your story and I loved every word! I feel like you write the characters and the time in a true fashion and I like your original take on what happens after the engagement. I also appreciate your attention to detail and ability to draw the reader into the story. (I was also really happy to read in one of your AN's that you are reading the Outlander books, as I just became a dedicated fan of the novels and show.) I can't wait to see where you take the story (and the characters) and I can't wait to read more of your writing. Keep writing :-)
cjay chapter 31 . 6/8
I have read many fanfics that involve dramatic events and angst; and I have eagerly read them.
However, it is soothing to unwind at the end of the day with your lovely story. Thank you for care and attention to detail that tells a tale of love, respect and character growth. Please continue as soon as you can.
NoCalMina chapter 28 . 6/7
I really enjoyed you including Mary Bennet in this chapter. Mary appears to always be the forgotten Bennet daughter so finding a suitor with future true love is refreshing. Good job!
NoCalMina chapter 20 . 6/5
I am really enjoying your twist on the engagements of the Bennet ladies and their fiancées. The variety of events, introductions, and stolen lover's moments are very well written. There is one suggestion I would like to make, which is to eliminate as many "that"s as possible. My bone-head English Professor taught us to write without the use of pronouns such as "that, them, they & their". Am hoping this suggestion is taken in the spirit of improving your already excellent writing.
Avanell chapter 31 . 6/6
Lovely update...Charles is getting a backbone and our lovely couple is too watched for them to freely show their affections to one another ;) Intriguing dinner party. Awesome!
Madmoiselle Lucia chapter 31 . 6/5
Te felicito, soy una austeniana muy identificada con la historia de Elizabeth y Darcy y tu historia está dando la oportunidad de conocer más a esos queridos personajes. Sin duda he leído numerosas continuaciones tras el final de la obra original y he de admitir que me gustó la aparición de más familiares por parte de Darcy ya que no se suele hablar de ellos.
Por otro lado, te incito a que continues escribiendo sobretodo la parte de la boda y el después, pues muchos deseamos saber el futuro que les espera a Elizabeth y Darcy en este universo que has creado y que solamente tú podrás diseñar.
Atte.

Madmoiselle Lucía
Ncispjoaddict129 chapter 31 . 6/4
I love this story! Please update soon! I'm looking forward to the coming chapters and would be delighted if you decided to go past the wedding and continue on with their marriage! And if not in this story, I'd love it if you made a sequel!
Preparing a plate, making a plate, such an gross US saying.
It sounds so greedy, like some sort of corn-poke countrified farm workers coming in after laboring in the fields heaping up a plate full of grits (whatever they are).
The word is "a serve".
Chapter 20
...and felt considerably better, not considerately
Kathy Berlin chapter 14 . 6/1
Chapter 14
it is left to her own devices, devises. You should Google the difference.

I know I am on a rant about them, by the Georgiana willfulness and the Mrs. Annesley lack of control over her charge are not Regency. If Georgian were older, it would be different. But she is not. Darcy's lack of discipline is also troubling. I can only conclude you are setting them up for something dire.
Kathy Berlin chapter 13 . 6/1
Mrs. Annesley is not performing her role to a girl not yet out properly. She is more like Mrs. Young. Is this intentional?

Darcy is not acting the proper guardian of her either. Is there trouble ahead with her character being this willful?
Kathy Berlin chapter 12 . 6/1
Chapter 12
Still the same refrain: Georgiana is not acting like a Regency girl who is not out. She is to aggressive and I still think she needs to be punished for her actions, excitement or no. Right now, her scenario, her participation in the plans is not believable.
Kathy Berlin chapter 11 . 6/1
Chapter 11
Honestly, the Colonel's reaction as her other guardian was weak and so is Darcy's. Darcy is not that tye to be ruled a a chit under his supervision.
Kathy Berlin chapter 10 . 6/1
Chapter 10. I have read this far before and this point is where I was not happy. Georgiana is breaking many rules of propriety, traveling without her guardian's consent. Also, Mrs. Annesley would have her in her CHARGE. That is, she could have and would have vetoed the trip. Georgiana is a minor, a very young girl.
I believe you are getting to modern in her interpretation. If I recall the next chapter, Darcy's reaction is very uncharacteristic for the Regency and his innate protective nature.
Kathy Berlin chapter 5 . 6/1
Just started reading this. I am enjoying it very much. Just a note (that you may have already had brought to your attention: a query is a question, a quarry (in addition to being a place to dig out rocks, is a goal, an objective, a prize, or a victim. In this 5th chapter, Miss Bingley is in hopes of impressing her quarry (her goal, or better, her victim!) LOL