Reviews for The Betrothal
cjay chapter 41 . 9/19
please complete the story - I am eagerly awaiting its conclusion.
I love your writing...but it seems like ages for the story to be completed...please wrap up the story soon. Anyway, good luck... Roslina, Malaysia.
Tiffyburger chapter 41 . 9/7
I can't wait for your next chapter! Over the past week and a half I've read the whole thing in between homework assignments and durring accounting lectures haha probably good I only get 1 chapter at a time now. I certainly don't want Lizzy and Darcy to do anything compromising or inmodest, but a few more stolen kisses before the wedding would be nice. Also, since I'm no good at writing I thought I'd give you this idea. in my internal fanfics I make up to entertain myself when I have nothing to entertain me, I've made up a little one shot which would do well for a chapter. The day before the wedding Mrs Bennett will be all in a state of busyness and not letting Lizzy get a moment to herself. So Mr Darcy tries to call in her but is sent away but before hand he and Georgiana scheme a little and passes a message along to Lizzy to meet Darcy somewhere. So she slips away for a walk abd finds Mr Darcy and a little romantic picnic under a large tree and a book of poetry and sweet fluff. You don't have to use this idea but it would be cool to see someone bring that idea to life in words. Thanks for the good read so far!
Jansfamily4 chapter 41 . 8/15
FINALLY I am caught up. Wonderful story and we are almost to the wedding. How fun to go step by step with our favorite couple. Yeah, Caroline in America should be just about far enough from our Darcys. It is America's loss I must add. Sorry Caroline
Jansfamily4 chapter 35 . 8/15
Georgie had to wait a long time to get her sisters and isn't she lucky to have gotten these two? And hopefully when she meets the last two she will be equally happy. Very sweet
Jansfamily4 chapter 29 . 8/15
WOW I had to read what the"guest" had to say and I felt just the opposite from her. Elizabeth's reaction to the gossip, I felt was spot on. She is totally out of her comfort zone and when she heard the woman talking about her she was shocked at the pettiness. It took her a bit but she did pull herself out of the missishness.( Is that a word?).
Anyway the guest, no doubt, is not reading this story but as you can see plenty others of us ARE.
Keep up the writing.
Jansfamily4 chapter 23 . 8/14
Oooh naughty naughty. Lady C wants for her daughter what she didn't get...EVEN IF THEY ARE SIBLINGS...gag
Jansfamily4 chapter 7 . 8/12
I love the seating chart. Great!
I would like to comment on the 'drawing out' thing you are referring to above the chapter. I just want you to know I've never even once thought this story slow, or the progress drawn out. I like that you are taking your time with the story! More chapters for us to enjoy and trails and romance to be had between E&D. You are an amazing writer, thank you so much.
Shasitaa chapter 37 . 6/21
Haha yes the high handedness of Darcy is very in charakter. But thats what I love about how you write. Every person is reconizable from the book, but with your own twist. I am very excited about Mary and the Vicar. Also I'm curious about Caroline and Mr Monroe. Even though I don't like Caroline very much I don't wish an arranged marriage upon her. Thanks you for everything!
Shasitaa chapter 32 . 6/21
This chapter was indeed very fluffy, but I loved it. Your Characters are all very well thought out and rounded. I especially love how you portray Georgiana.
daughterofathena2 chapter 41 . 6/20
I'd like to see more of Mary and the vicar! Love the story!
Avanell chapter 41 . 6/19
Delightful update! Not thinking so well of Monroe. Lovely gifts for the girls, and a sweet moment with our favorite couple ;)
Monroe seems a little like Wickham - all charm but little substance, but I am probably jumping to conclusions. Love your story and the little intimate moments - wish there was more of them!
cleob chapter 41 . 6/14
Nice chapter. Mrs. Bennet as usual, fretting about wedding details, and not really caring about her daughter's wishes. Mrs. Gardiner wonderful and supporting to ODGs.
Hmm, I hope that Mr. Monroe isn't up to something. Caroline has a very good dowry, but when she is overseas, she would be totally at her husband's mercy, without Charles being able to help her.
I believe that Darcy should have followed his instinct, but I understand why he doesn't want to give Bingley any more "advice".
Looking forward to the dinner party.