Reviews for Turnabout to the Past
Noji chapter 16 . 10/11/2016
This will forever be my favorite kiss scene in history
I think I'll go read TO now xD
CelestiaLily chapter 10 . 9/13/2015
wHY DOES EVERYTHING HORRIBLE HAPPEN AT THE END OF DECEMBER HOLY CRAPOLA
I mean, DL-6, UR-1 and now this heartbreaking incident?! (Excellent tie-ins with the Cohdopian smuggling ring - Alba's actions are totally responsible for all the crap this kid went through).

Love the fun exchange with the licorice - it's refreshing to see normal human quirks emerging from a blank slate. :D

And tHE BOBBY/ROBERT THING KILLED ME OMFG

Bobby slang for cop, Robb robber. If this whole time the Phantom's name has been a mirror image of the identity he stole, who's to say they aren't 2 sides of the same coin? :)
CelestiaLily chapter 6 . 9/12/2015
oMFG YOU DIDN'T
No freaking way tHIS TIES IN WITH ROAD TO RUIN
ALBA'S LEGACY HELPED CREATE THE PHANTOM HOLY CRAP
Of all the possible ways to connect the AA universe to the vast and complex novel you wrote, this was a bold move and amazingly pulled off.
Well done, and kudos to another fantastic story! :)
Thuggy chapter 9 . 7/28/2015
"Warren Peace." *groans* That's the SECOND t
AuraScaresEvery1 chapter 5 . 7/28/2015
Honestly. When the PHANTOM is terrified of the prospect of Aura coming for him...
Thuggy chapter 4 . 7/28/2015
"They're... black," she says with wonder.
"Das racist," the Phantom replied heavily.

*sighs* Shoulda known that de Killer would have gotten away. I bet that ESPECIALLY Phoenix isn't happy with that. Also, I love how Edgeworth decided to give Blackquill the middle finger in the form of Detective Gumshoe.
Thuggy chapter 3 . 7/28/2015
Well, this is some good stuff.

...But then, I should already be used to that from you. After all, you ARE the mastermind who wrote "Fool Bright".

Something I forgot to mention then that I should now: I'm really feeling the brother-sister bond you wrote between Simon and Athena. I dislike Cykesquill as a shipping because they just don't FEEL like that (and, admittedly, because I think Apollo x Athena has fantastic chemistry and is the cutest thing since Phoenix x Maya). Despite that, I didn't know WHAT to think of them; just plain friends seemed almost as wrong, and "daughter of mentor / student of mother" was even MORE unfitting. When you think about it, though, Athena and Simon make sense when you think of them as siblings. (Even tossing Aura into the mix makes sense; she's that somewhat aloof eldest sibling that resents the youngest one for getting so much attention and has a fairly lukewarm [yet still loving] relationship with the middle child.)

Anyway... was the assassin de Killer? The stitches and the hair seem accurate given Justice for All plus about eight or nine years, but... well, I just can't imagine the man getting CAUGHT.
Guest chapter 14 . 3/29/2015
Thought so
Guest chapter 11 . 3/28/2015
Miss-yer Row-bear La-Rawsh
Guest chapter 10 . 3/28/2015
"Raw-burt" or "Robe-air"?
Guest chapter 3 . 3/27/2015
And when they raise back this dead, forgotten man, this man who stole the lives of others and embraced them like a parasite, when they dredge up the remains and reanimate him, it will only be to kill him again. How ironic.
Guest chapter 17 . 1/29/2015
Wow, this fic actually made me grow to like Athena when I hated her at first and the Phantom too. I still think the phantom deserved to die though. :/ For some reason it feels like cheating to Simon and Athena. Anyways, I love it! :D
Kajou Takumi chapter 17 . 9/11/2014
Not gonna lie. I nearly cried during those last two chapters, and probably would have was I not in public.
aceredshirt13 chapter 17 . 7/26/2014
Wow, that ending was...wow... I will say that I was wondering how there would be a sequel after Phantom/LaRoche (LaRochetom?) was hanged, but now everything makes sense. But... why did he have to run away... No... WHYYYYY?
Yssa B chapter 17 . 6/29/2014
I came with the promise that Athena would be a major character, although the BlackquillPhantom took me by surprise. (To be real, I thought it was Cykesquill.) By the time I realized it was happening, I couldn't scream I DONT SHIP THIS bc I was in too deep hahaha.
Over the two nights it took me to read this, I broke down crying like five different times HAHAHAH I sound like a drama queen, but there is something so incredibly special about the way you capture and wring out emotions in the characters and in your words that is so compelling. It doesn't help that I'm a recent post-grad dealing with my own minor identit crisis, and seeing the Phantom go through his was cathartic and heartbreaking at the same time. There was so much longing and regret that I started to hiss FUCK NO! And cried into my pillow HAHA

I love every shout-out you did to every AA game! It was such a delight to know what you were referencing, and it's heart-warming to get an inkling of how much you enjoyed the games enough to inject as much canon as you could. The ending with Shih-na and her moments of silence said so much, and I'm actually really glad you ended it the way you did. It's very fitting with the characters you used!

I wish I could accurately type out the extent of my feelings about your story other than I CRIED LIKE A WEENIE. Angst isn't even my usual haunt-I go for fics for the pure fluff and escapism. This, though, feels so life-changing to me, and I feel really silly feeling that way but also just immensely happy. Thank you so much for taking the time out to write this lovely story. I'll need another night to recover, but I'll definitely read the sequel when I do haha.