Reviews for Defying Death
Cerebellius chapter 19 . 5/20
This is my first read through of this fan fiction and I got to say, it is the best thing I have ever read! I can definitely imagine myself reading this a second and maybe third time in the future, I even renamed my warlock character to Azachondrius.

I love everything you've written so far and I would love if you continued but I will understand if you don't.

By the way my favourite character is Mortukai. I cried so much when he sacrificed himself, the way you used Arthas' quote: 'Life's to short to be afraid' really got me.
reee chapter 19 . 4/30
goddamnit update this or i will fuck your family with a plastic fork
Joseph Louis chapter 19 . 3/18
I never really mind about alternative lore. But I didnt like having a blood elf fell to the badass who killed most of her kin. Draenei Eredar? Ridicilous. Then, Maiev? Kill me please. Why can't just ArthasXJaina? Isnt that too hard? If you want to make Arthas .. Arthas again with his harem, its not possible. He pretty ugly now then before ya know.

Then there is Azshara, and some other. But lets talk bout the main character only.

Arthas is a billion times more cooler when he was evil. I simply dont really like it.

But its a good story. Problem was only at the personality of each characters, just like the problem I read in Tides of War.

I would give 2/5.

But forget all I said for THIS IS A 'FANFIC' after all: 4.5/5
SADPorto chapter 19 . 3/11
Its the best fanfic i have ever seen. Pls continue.
Continue chapter 19 . 3/2
You have no idea how many times I've read this fanfic and you made Sylvanas likeable again! Blizzard should hire you. Hated the way Arthas died as well.
Axcel chapter 13 . 2/26
As usual, the elves blame everyone but themselves for the consequences of their choices. Arthas had to take up Frostmourne because the elves refused to help humanity despite humanity saving the elves from the Amani trolls. Then there is the fact that everything he did as a Death Knight and the Lich King was from Ner’zul’s control. In all honesty if you look at the lore you will notice that the only time Arthas did anything that could be remotely considered “bad” in any way is when he destroyed that place whose name I can’t remember where the curse grain was coming from.

That was only because there was overwhelming reason to believe everyone was infected and there was no way for them to detect who was and who was not. Combined with the paladins refusing to join the fight in which they could have used the Light to check and possibly purify people who were infected but not yet transformed and Arthas had to kill everyone. Plus, he is no more culpable than his army which followed his order to kill everyone.

Given the Holy Light was incredibly strong with Arthas, he obviously was a good guy until the moment he took up Frostmourne. After all, the Light only works for people who are so incredibly good hearted that they are able to connect with the Light. If Arthas was a bad person at all, he would never have been able to wield the Light, let alone been one of the strongest paladins.
Axcel chapter 11 . 2/25
Those false angels probably are the ones who attacked Arthas. They fear losing their authority over the dead if there are no more demons and Old Gods to frighten people with.
Axcel chapter 9 . 2/25
This chapter was extremely creative!
Axcel chapter 4 . 2/24
Don't forget that Arthas can only be harmed by Shadowmourne. He did not know that at first, now he does after his experience at Icecrown. Which means he'll just use his powers to ridiculously easily kill any wielder of that weapon and probably will destroy it; making him truly and literally invincible.
Axcel chapter 3 . 2/24
First of all, betraying the mercenaries was necessary due to earlier events I cannot remember but I do remember feeling a sort of sad "had to be done" sort of thing when I read the lore. Secondly, he did not betray Muradin, he forgot Muradin was even there at first and after touching Frostmourne he was effectively mind-controlled and just left without paying Muradin any attention.
Axcel chapter 2 . 2/24
The Draenei do not worship the Naaru. They use the Naaru's magitech and they revere the Naaru as sort of guardian angels.
Axcel chapter 1 . 2/24
Given Arthas was a citizen of a human kingdom, the humans would feel that putting him on trial or at least having custody of him is not only their moral right, but is also what their laws say in regards to treason. A Horde attempt to undermine that would be viewed as the Horde holding their laws as priority over that of the Alliance in regards to an Alliance traitor and legal matter. Which would, of course, be accepted as an attempt at annexation and would result in more-or-less immediate war.
Axcel chapter 1 . 2/24
I wonder if Arthas's enemies will ever realize hat, while Frostmourne is powerful, Arthas is extremely powerful even without it from all he has learned and the might he has gained in his time as Lich King.
Kyveli chapter 1 . 1/29
It's been ages, hun. Have you given up? This is by far the best Arthas story in the famfic verse and beyond. Hell, this is the best Illidan and Maiev story I have ever read, except perhaps for William King's novel, but not by much. I know that both the bool and the Legion expansion have totally screwed up Illidan and Maiev and everything else for you, but your story is AU already, so just continue it as it is. I want to see Kael'thas resurrected by the Legion and I want to see Arthas and company kick their demon arses back into the nether and finish off the old gods before they take on the Void. Common, pleeeaaassseeeeee start with the writing.
Vark chapter 19 . 1/4
So I've read this story again haha. I think every time I do, i am seeing some more details that i missed somehow before. Still, it's great and I'd love it to continue. Though I think ist next to impossible to write a fic you've probably lost interest in, so I'll respect that. Also, don't think too much about the reviews down there that condemn this story for being centered around a handful of characters. It was the whole idea of the story since the beginning to give Arthas purpose and a future and let him kick some serious ass. I actually stumbled over this story a year or maybe more back when I was actually looking for something exactly like that haha.

So you asked which character intrigues the fans of this story.. for me it would probably be Mortukai. I really see room for some great character development there. He's undead already, which I think would make him pretty well suited for joining Arthas at one point or another. I've had this idea in my head about Arthas empowering him and Mortukai becoming apprenticed to Kel'Thuzad, though that maybe a bit far fetched considering he hates his guts haha.
Kel'Thuzad himself would be another character that has some great potential. He was after all the one that majorly established the scourge as we know it. Have you ever read Frostblood? It's another fanfic centered around the Lich King, the scourge as a whole and Kel'Thuzad. Now I'm sure not saying you should steal the character from there, haha, but there is at least a great idea in there how it CAN be done. I think as the de facto second in command of the scourge, and one of the most powerful wizards to ever live there is some potential there.
Also, I'd advise you to largely ignore the content that came out since you've started this fic. You've created your own universe here and while some of it may fit quite nicely in there, I'd hate to see your original idea of where this is supposed to go go to waste because of it.

So all in all great story, shout outs to you if you continue but I'll understand if you don't.

On a side note, I'd really really REALLY love to see Arthas getting the news of Mortukai's imprisonment and torture, the fact that Greymane stole his fathers crown and bad mouthed him in front of everyone. It'd be nice to see him showing that condescending little twit the meaning of fear. I can't imagine Arthas forgiving something like that so easily, if at all.

Read ya soon, I hope!