Reviews for Astyanax
ghosthead8503 chapter 1 . 10/12/2010
I don't know why I didn't put this on my favorites list earlier. There are quite a few complete short stories that I like so much that I print them out to read on long car trips when watching the scenery gets too boring, the music gets stale and the batterie on my PSP is seconds from dying again. The fact some of the names were changed around truly makes the story your own. Congrats - this is one story that I have never grown tired of and I hope I never will.
Soul of Draken chapter 1 . 9/17/2009
I remember this game when I was a kid and some of the stuff you've written here I remember. Makes me want to play the game again! Great read! :)
eCZi chapter 1 . 3/21/2008
Aw...that was cute. And short.

LAWL.

I have a suggestion for you, though.

Everytime you change speakers, topics, or time...

Change paragraphs. I think that'll make people read this much more, because I was hooked onto the beginning. But it was kinda hard to read when your bunched everything into one big paragraph and stuff, y'know what I mean?

Because this is actually a cute story.

I personally don't like the name "Asyanax", I mean, I can't even spell it without referring to the title of my game cartridge. LAWL.

I'm funny.

XD

I love your names...:D

Well, I believe this is complete, so I cna't tell you to "update soon, why don't cha?"

So, Keep up the good work!

:D
Hyaku-Legger chapter 1 . 3/28/2006
Ahh! Astyanax! Brings back memories! I still play it now and then, and the first stage music just never gets old. Too bad they didn't sell CDs with music from this game. Your writing style is very good and detailed, and the dialogues go along smoothly. Keep it up!

Since I'm here, I want to give a little remembrance to three of the best games Jaleco ever released:

Astyanax, Womp 'Em, and Totally Rad.
Sweetwater-Rhapsody chapter 1 . 6/23/2005
i liked your story! i remember playing that game with my brother and sister one night-it was the first time i ever stayed up till 3:15 playing, and one of the few times we were ever all three involved in beating a game at once.

you know why its a good story, but ive wanted to comment on this for a long time...part of the mystique always was that the "hero" and the "princess" were never meant to be an item. it seperated it from all other elements of a classic fairy tale-making it believable, refreshing, and new.

it was a good choice.

i would like to see more work from you )

oh, and one more thing, no matter what youre doing nowadays, and lord knows a few years can bring about a world of changes, i want to pass on something terribly important, in both a literal and symbolic sense...

demonmasterslyth is an idiot a$$. no one has the right to slam something they dont know anything about.

(and yes, i have a ds too-but thats irrelevent.)
Unknown chapter 1 . 4/6/2005
I must say! this is indeed a good story! I also liked the fact that you changed the names. I am a huge fan of the game and still play it from time to time. I believe that Thian should of had more battles, at least with some of the other side bosses that were in the game. (like the Gryphon) Anyway this is a good story, I am glad that someone remembers a good and difficult game like this.
cabeto chapter 1 . 2/18/2005
Pimp! I want you on my C2! Please join! It will be in your invitations list under c2 staff in the login screen!
Anonymous chapter 1 . 1/3/2005
Nice story, keep wirting
Zeon of the Twilight Blade chapter 1 . 11/14/2004
A little short...but other than that not bad.
enangl27 chapter 1 . 9/29/2004
Yay! An astyanax fic! I still have this game. This story is really, really good. And write more Astyanax stuff since nobody else has!
enIIgma-chan chapter 1 . 7/12/2004
Ah yes... I remember owning and playing this when I was a lil' e-chan ; Oh, and good story by the way. I hope you continue this fic. laters
tsuyoshiro chapter 1 . 7/8/2004
A few friends and I run a small MST sight, and after our hunt for an obscure game to make light of, we found this. I really like your story, and due to some of the plucky and strange plot elements we had some fun with your story as well, I hope you don't mind. Get back to me if you can, and I will send you a copy of the story, and with your permission I will post it on our site.
Flick Montana chapter 1 . 5/21/2004
Astyanax: (Our hero!) A freshman at Greenview High, Astyanax has been selected
by the people of Remlia to rescue Princess Rosebud from the castle of the evil
wizard, Blackhorn.
Princess Rosebud: Ruler of Remlia, captive of Blackhorn, but far from help-
less.
Cutie: Friend and advisor of Princess Rosebud. She will be Astyanax's personal
tour guide for his long journey.
Blackhorn: The evil wizard. He has kidnapped Princess Rosebud because he hopes
to drain her magical powers and add them to his own - all in an effort to rule
the world. And he wonders why people always refer to him as the "evil" wizard
Blackhorn.
Thorndog: A heart of stone, a face of bone. Thorndog is the chief lackey, err,
advisor of Blackhorn. A powerful magician with a bad attitude.
Caesar: Monstrous creature with a gland problem. Blackhorn's pet. Also known
as Gremlin-face, The Thing That Walks Like A Chicken, and Daphne (but only to
his closest friends).
Just a cast review. Nice story!
meteor9 chapter 1 . 5/19/2004
Reading this made me go back and replay the game again. God, I miss the old days...
Anywho, I can understand why you changed the names and all, and though I might not have done the same, it still works out alright.
As other peoplemay have stated, it is a bit short, but then again, so was the game, right?
Well, anyway, I've gotten the itch to do my own fic version of the game... I hope you don't mind if I come join your Astyanax section.
Astyanax and Friends chapter 1 . 2/8/2004
I love this game and this story!