Reviews for Flight of the Phoenix
1-1 Marines chapter 4 . 6/25/2016
It figures that Hera would react to Maya's decision that way. I.e. Sink or swim. If Maya stood her ground even if facing disownment, then she's worthy of the surname Visari. If she backed down...probably too weak to be a leader.
High Commander Saric-part Winter Soldier, part Bane, all intimidation and ruthlessness. It figures that he'd have authority over all of New Helghan's security forces considering how he seems to be the Vader to Hera's Palpatine and gave orders to Maya.
1-1 Marines chapter 3 . 6/25/2016
It figures that the twins are off to training. In real life, Brits can enlist at 16 with parental permission, and those people aren't nearly as militant as the Helghast. Just as realistic and fitting that they feel guilt over what happened to Maya even if nothing could be done.
Nice explanation for our favorite half-breed's scarf. Speaking of Maya, though she really needs to wear a helmet like Lucas (who is the only player character to do so in KZ), I do like that her outfit seems more realistic given how it features armor plates.
And regarding the tide of injustice-if only the Helghast knew it's technically Stahl's fault the Terracide happened. Sure Sev and the rest of the ISA invaders blew up his ship, but they had no idea what would happen and were simply trying to stop him from attacking Earth. Plus Sev clearly was remorseful, so it's not as if he didn't give a damn.
1-1 Marines chapter 2 . 6/25/2016
It figures that a totalitarian society like the Helghast wouldn't have much room for religion. In real life, for instance, both Mussolini and Stalin were atheists. Which makes sense-dictators have giant egos and can't really accept a higher power.
I honestly wouldn't wanna face Viglo in a firefight. Don't get me wrong, he seems to be a very nice guy-but who wants to fight a combat medic? Those guys know how to make you feel all kinds of pain.
That was an overall happy celebration, even if that terrorist asshole ruined it for everyone. Particularly the Visari family...
BTW, I suppose Pitru and Viglo are proof that Radec had a life beyond being Helghan's most badass Colonel. Though don't you have his wife/lover as General Metrac's sister? If she was a Lieutenant, then I guess Metrac's parents had her many years after Armin's birth.
1-1 Marines chapter 1 . 6/25/2016
This is a nice story, I hope that you one day finish it.
Given how, according to Killzone Ascendancy, over 100,000 Vektan civilians-including children-were killed during the invasion, I doubt the Vektans voluntarily gave up half their planet. Most likely, the UCN forced it on them both to continue Human-Helghast tensions and the general attitude of, "Vekta couldn't keep one of their meatheads from killing Visari, and now a billion Helghast are dead! Let them deal with the fallout!" Plus why on Earth would the Vektans be okay with the Helghast remaining militarized, including possessing warships? If I was a Vektan, part of the concessions would be military disarmament including no Helghast warships.
Your explanation for why Hera is such an unpleasant woman is actually very good. I wonder how Maya's gene donor (I refuse to say "father") was able to rape her, but Ahsokafanboy1138 suggested a shuttle crash.
Considering how Senator Kuisma was a pedophile, his grandson really should avoid insulting others for their heritage.
Overall nice explanation of Maya's background.
Ahsokafanboy1138 chapter 3 . 1/10/2016
I think the twins should be the duo of Stormtroopers who helped her arrest Massar.
Ahsokafanboy1138 chapter 4 . 1/9/2016
More Please! I really want to see Helghast culture and training expanded on. I am also curious about Saric's backstory as well. Anton was horribly underused in the game. He looked like Bane if he was a Nazi.
Just a Crazy-Man chapter 4 . 10/7/2014
Love it!
A Killzone fan chapter 4 . 3/13/2014
Awesome! Loyal Saric to the Visari family! Remembering fallen Helghast hero's! Great stuff!
The Night Hunter chapter 4 . 3/11/2014
Good job I like that chapter can't wait to see how she fare in army, update soon
MEleeSmasher chapter 4 . 3/11/2014
This is really good, in terms of how Maya wants independence and her strength.

Also, I hope you can change the ending of Shadow Fall later on.
dpx6101 chapter 4 . 3/11/2014
Thank God you are still writing this. I wonder if Hera actually does love her daughter. An idea: Since she was disowned, Maya is no longer a Visari. She should make that clear to Hera (ie. No emotion in her voice while having conversations with the Chancellor both public and private). Hera would have to earn her daughter's love back. If I had a mother that caged me for half of my life and then disown me when I make a commitment, I would no longer have a mother because that woman is a monster.
The Night Hunter chapter 3 . 1/26/2014
Well that was really nice I hope to see more chapters very soon, don't you dare to abandon this story. Oh and I can't wait for her to meet Lucas
The Night Hunter chapter 2 . 1/26/2014
Aww poor Maya, no rest even for the youngest
The Night Hunter chapter 1 . 1/26/2014
Interesting start, nice to see more insight in Maya's character
Guest chapter 3 . 12/24/2013
Very well written story. Keep it up.