Reviews for Edge of a Coin
superfanman217 chapter 5 . 10/3
i love this story

please continue
Indecisive Bob chapter 3 . 8/18
Nice chapter. Once again, I'm astounded and slightly disbelieving of Garfield's incredible luck, wide skill-set, very fast learning speed, and his ability to somehow make people believe in him and want to follow or aid him without really knowing him.

I'm just going to stop trying to think about this story in any sort of logical way and just enjoy the impossible craziness that is Beast Boy. Now that I think about it, it's kind of ridiculous of me to even try to apply logical thinking to Garfield. He literally laughs in the face of physics every time he shape shifts (Conservation of mass and energy? Reality, please, BB don't even think about those so called laws).
Indecisive Bob chapter 2 . 8/18
Nice chapter. It's kind of interesting how you've got someone else making Garfield and Fay's light sabers in a style reminiscent to Ollivander's wand choosing process from Harry Potter. In a way, it's more personal than the canon method of light saber crafting, but also less personal because the user isn't actually putting the blade together himself.
Indecisive Bob chapter 1 . 8/18
Hmm... The premise is good, but some things just feel like, "Really?" moments. I can accept BB being incredibly powerful in the Force given his nature, being picked up by a mysterious slow-aging space elf Jedi, finding Blackstar, and impulsively deciding to make a big bet. But winning such a high stakes bet and being surprised about it? BB may be impulsive and kind of dumb, but I don't see him literally gambling on his own freedom with a game he's never played before. Gambling for the freedom of just Blackstar, sure. Fighting the Pirates to free all of the captives, sure. But taking that huge of a risk without knowing he had a good chance of victory, actually winning, and then having the space pirates actually honor the deal made and swear their undying loyalty until death? It's stretching things too far to be believable for me. Not to mention the part where the pirates are incredibly (and maybe even suspiciously) well armed and supplied for dealing mostly with kidnapping and ransom.

I like the idea of BB being unique in his philosophy of the Force, but Fay's awe with it is a bit unwarranted. As far as I can tell, what BB is proposing isn't anywhere close to unheard of. In fact, the Jedi likely know of the philosophy but deem it too dangerous to follow since it wouldn't take much to fall fully to the Dark Side. Instead, it would be more appropriate if Fay heard Garfield's take on the Force, tested and challenged that belief, then believed that he could actually live a life of balance without falling to the Dark Side (maybe even have a Feeling or premonition that he could do it) and is awed with his self-control and conviction.

I would also say that BB is acting kind of OoC, but I only know the Teen Titans TV series version of him, so I'm not sure if that's the version you're pulling from. Not to mention the fact that he just came from a horrible experience where, for all he knows, all of his friends are dead and his world taken over by a demon.

This is an interesting story that I'll continue to read, but those few things were kind of bugging me.
churchgraffiti484 chapter 5 . 7/10
Make that 12 times. BUBBA WHERE YOU AT BRUH?!
churchgraffiti484 chapter 3 . 7/7
Bubba I need the 6th chapter like NOW! I've read this story 11 times since May. 11 TIMES BRO!
wilddogg23 chapter 5 . 6/27
Bubba i gotta say this is real interestin so far. keep up the good work.
Robin42069 chapter 5 . 6/25
i got to say i like your portrayal of Beast Boy i really only know him from the teen titan cartoons. but i've always like a character that was something of a goof ball but also with hidden depths of competence and skill.
Genius1280 chapter 5 . 5/31
Good story
Keep going
Grovtech chapter 5 . 5/12
I had my doubts about Breast-Boy, Gar, and Star Wars? Really? Once I started I very much enjoyed this tale of yours. The cast of characters and their voices were just right.

Very good STuff!
ookaminoarashi chapter 5 . 5/3
Wow... I'll admit Star Wars isn't usually my go to but this one is just fascinating. Keep up the fanominal work.
Darkness Rissing chapter 5 . 3/27
HAHAHA...that was perfect. I love how you manage to balance the use of BB new abilities and the use of his old ones (plus adding the creatures of the planets he visit to his arsenal of beasts) and i can said that Kara and Blackfire will have such a nice meeting (AKA...try to outshine the other and call the attention of BB...warrior style).

and now both the jedi counsel and Palpatine knows that there is a third player in the force game (well third since that sith presence in sidious and count as a player for the sith side). soon the grey shall meet the light (cause i think the jedis will find him first) lets see what happen when they meet
hagane1222 chapter 5 . 3/18
I'm just going to say keep up the great work. You are one of my favorite Authors and I hope to reach your skill with writing.
Shadowkragg chapter 5 . 3/16
Glad you came back to this it was such an interesting start and something new in terms of becoming mandalore haven't seen many fanfics that do that with a force user. Really enjoyed you showing more diversity with his forms too and the image of hime cannonballing as an exogorth is amusing!
Unknown Sith Lord is a good concept just hope it doesnt take too much away from the chaotic influence Gar is becoming, force of nature is right.
Looking forward to a reunion between aayla and her sisters should be interesting wonder how she and quinlan will react to Fay's new apprentices.

Keep up the good work hope you update soon.