Reviews for He Who Pours Out Vengeance
bloodamber chapter 26 . 7/10
Such a beautifully haunting story. You really captured the essence of the characters and the relationships between them (especially that between Hannibal and Will). I just want to thank you for writing and sharing such a story that has left me with feelings of grief, frustration and a strange sense of contentment. I was caught from the very beginning and I have a feeling this story will stay with me for some time to come.
Thankyou again.
BabyGhost123 chapter 26 . 5/6
By the love of God this was the best story I gave rear featuring these two...I would love if u do a sequel for this story, I just know that it will be amazing just as this story was...
HedwigGirl chapter 12 . 2/21
Oh my god the fucking role playing again. I can't take it. My heart just I AWFGLKCUJBOJYTFFUCGUGC! Honestly, you're amazing. And what I'm most looking forward to is when Will starts to think more dark thoughts. Murder thoughts. Murder thoughts where he is actually confusing hurting people. *squeal* hopefully that happens soon.
HedwigGirl chapter 8 . 2/21
I'm sorry. I can't stand her. I don't see her appeal, and every time she speaks it just pisses me off more. I mean, its not just your Alana, it's ALL of the Alanas. And I worship your Hannibal. Really, ALL Hannibals.
HedwigGirl chapter 7 . 2/21
Frankly, I wasn't to burn everyone to the ground for treating Will the way they are, even though I get where they're coming from. If I were in Will's situation, I would have snapped so many times by now. Like a fucking rubber band. Normally I try not to read fics that make me this angry, but this one is to good to quit. No matter how many fics I read, I still hate Alana. Which didn't help my anger problems but yeah.
HedwigGirl chapter 5 . 2/21
THAT LAST SENTENCE I JUST
HedwigGirl chapter 4 . 2/21
OH MY GOD THE FUCKING ROLE PLAYING HAD ME IN CARDIAC ARREST YOU EVIL GENIUS; YOU MONSTER! I CAN SEE IT ON THE SCREEN AND JESUS CHRIST THAT WAS SOME OF THE BEST WRITING I'VE EVER READ IN MY LIFE!
PerennialChild chapter 26 . 1/1
I'll be honest-I am very, very surprised the reviews and favs for this story aren't in the thousands. This is maybe my fifth time reading it, and it STILL blows me away.

Will is such a complicated and difficult character, and you've portrayed him perfectly. His character arc is tragic (there's no way it could avoid being tragic) and his damaged, hard won bitter victory is-gaaaaah. Perfect. His internal conflict-perfect. His unsettling strangeness, ruthlessness, bitterness, sarcasm and use of song lyrics and Monte Cristo-perfect. Parallelism-perfect!

You keep Hannibal unexplained and alien and insane, where he is his most compelling. You take and adapt the most beautiful lines from the books seamlessly into your own story. Your prose and dialogue zips along with no hang-ups, no excess description or affected tones. You have a great sense of rhythm in your writing. Your motifs are interesting, the psychology of your characters is arresting and poetic. Your descriptions have economy-they sketch out the scene and the reactions of the characters without getting bogged down in minutiae. That takes a skilled hand.

I care about all your characters-they don't overshadow Will's story by any means, but they are very clearly present, and very clearly have their own motivations and history guiding their behavior. They are by no means stock characters. They each have a distinct voice (I especially love Beverly's). Your symbolism is neither heavy handed nor distracting. I'm in love with the boat motor exchange (!), not to mention the hurricane.

So I did take slight issue with the pathos of some of Alana's final lines (A ton of people are huge fans of that, though, idk) but even her death was 98% perfectly written.

The last sentence (that last scene) could not have been better. I'd say perfect, but I've been seriously overusing that term in this review. Imagine instead one feckless reader running their eyes unceasingly over the last five paragraphs, wearing them smooth, committing them to memory.

I cannot possibly express how glad I am you wrote this work. I feel almost undeserving of the pleasure of reading it.
MomotsukiNezumi chapter 15 . 11/5/2014
Holy crud, that...that was intense. Bad acid trip, much? I'm going through this chapter and Will's drugged-out mind is freaking scary. Poor guy's still lucid when he was getting shot up with all that unauthorized medication, and he's seeing so much. It's actually rather disturbing, but horrifyingly delightful, when he looked up at Hannibal and finally put the last bits of the puzzle together. Terrifying...
MomotsukiNezumi chapter 11 . 11/5/2014
Oh man, this chapter was a roller coaster. Will's birthday wish to come home, I cried. Winston being his present, I wanted to cry all over again.

Will having to force out the lie that he's completely nuts and that he killed all the people Hannibal actually killed, while the whole dang precinct is witnessing it? Having to plead insanity just so he can keep working on cases? I think something in me broke into a billion pieces.
WolfsbaneConroy chapter 13 . 10/7/2014
Oh god please don't tell me Beverly's going to be killed for believing him.
compass96 chapter 26 . 6/26/2014
OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD. This is so brilliant. I am in awe of your skills. Thank you, thank you, thank you so much for giving this to the world.
movieholic chapter 21 . 5/5/2014
I already told you how I can't describe how much I love this...well, you've doubled that indescribale feeling with this chapter. It doesn't hurt that I enjoy whenever my favorite character is wounded or in need of serious comfort (but I don't want them to die, lol.) So...this was just awesome. :)
movieholic chapter 9 . 5/3/2014
I wanted to review when I reached the end, but I just can't even...This story is literally ineffable. You so ABSOLUTELY nailed these characters (their mannerisms, speech, thoughts) that I'm left speechless. I have never been able to easily imagine a written scene being played out in my head as I can with your deft writing skill. I still feel as though I can't begin to touch on how much I love this story, and every word you've typed out. It's too brilliant to handle, lol.
SinCos chapter 26 . 4/5/2014