Reviews for And a Plateful of Pie
LilyBolt chapter 1 . 12/16/2014
Gah! This was freaking PERFECT! That adorableness that occurred throughout was practically too much for me to handle. It was like how on Thanksgiving you binge-eat even though you know later you're going to feel tired and stuffed? But it's a good kind of feeling, so you just keep going. I stuffed myself with the family-goodness in this story, and now I feel warm and cozy from it. lol Really, I loved how much family energy you managed to pack into this. First, having newly-human Cas participating in events was awesome. I love whenever Cas gets included in the gang. Then there was Jody Mills' participation, and that made me smile so much because she is AWESOME. And of course... Bobby. To this day I miss him like I would miss a real deceased loved one, and so to read a story like this in which he gets to be all fatherly towards the boys (Cas included), and has Jody flirting with him, and is happy with his family... It fills me with the warmest feelings imaginable. I love him so much, and you wrote him SO well. Thank you. :)

I also loved the whole concept that Dean saw Sam's memories of Thanksgiving with the girl in Heaven, and his response was to give Sam a real Thanksgiving with his own family. A lot of stories show how upset that memory made Dean, and though I understand why it hurt him, it's nice to see him have a reaction like this. Where he reads between the lines to see why Sam liked that Thanksgiving so much, and then does whatever he can to give Sam a happy Thanksgiving now. Sam's utter confusion at realizing his Thanksgiving WASN'T getting skipped was sad, because he's obviously so used to missing the holiday, but also great, because it lead to him being so happy. And big-brother Dean got to be the hero that made him smile. :)

I also really enjoyed Jody Mills' family tradition which she shared with her new family. Castiel's 'thanks' speech was particularly wonderful. Leave it to Cas to pack such incredible amounts of sincerity into his words. :)

So yeah, excellent work! I wish I had gotten to read this on actual Thanksgiving, but I'm still just glad I got to read it at all. It put me in the holiday spirit for the upcoming Christmas holiday, anyway. lol

P.S. Your real-life experience with spray cheese had me cracking up. ;D
Rae Roberts chapter 1 . 3/8/2014
Oh, this was so sweet and perfectly in character and just everything Thanksgiving should be. I loved that you included Jodi Mills! Cute and fun family fic. :)
Maknatuna chapter 1 . 12/21/2013
Loved this fic! Always glad to read fics with Bobby and Jody in them.
Unattainable Dreams chapter 1 . 12/1/2013
The icy look Dean got from Cas when he said "Swear to God." Bahaha!
The idea that Dean doesn't know how to change his ringtone is just hilarious. Poor Dean.
Erm, Bobby alive? Human Cas? I'm a little confused on the timeline. I'm guessing this is an AU fic?
Haha. The apron. Aprons always make me think of Crowley :)
Yay! Jody Mills. I like her. She's like the only female character that hasn't been killed an isn't evil. Woo!
Oh my Kira, I just love how Dean tells Jody she has permission to marry Bobby! Heehee.
Aw, the ending was so cute!

Another wonderful SPN fic! I adored it :)
In-Awe chapter 1 . 11/27/2013
Oh my God, cuuuuute.

Oh, and Sammy, so sappy!

You're so good at writing!