Reviews for By A Nose
LadyCash chapter 5 . 7/19/2015
I don't know how I missed reviewing this way back when I read it the first time, but I'll just say it here.
This is so fun, and sweet. I always enjoy your work.
SplendentGoddess chapter 5 . 11/12/2014
Wow...this takes place EARLY in the story line. But you know what? That was actually really refreshing! Nothing wrong with a little insertion of a totally canon story that takes place early in the canon rather than later. It was still completely in-character, especially considering how their characters change as the story progresses. You got early-Inu spot on, I'd say. The doggy kiss was adorable! And you could have so easily mucked it up with too much WAFFy-ness afterwards, which *would* have been OOC for this early, but instead you held back the right amount. Perfect!
Black And White Kirara chapter 5 . 10/25/2014
I really loved reading this - it was unconventional and the Inu/Kag interaction was so, soooo perfect! Definitely was not expecting InuYasha's little "kiss" at the end there but whoooooo boy was that sweet! Awesome *_*
kokoronagomu chapter 5 . 4/30/2014
this was really great... and sweet. love the perceptive and unflappable mama higurashi. also agree about the way that anime puts more emphasis on a love triangle although english translators and voice actors perpetuate it further in the translation and portrayal. japanese is a language that depends on emoting and inflection... yamaguchi kappei played inuyasha with more emotion and tenderness than richard cox would be capable of (kagome's english voice is just annoying). also the japanese culture, touching is such an intimate gesture and only people who are really really close touch as much as inuyasha and kagome... this is something that people who know or who have studied japanese culture would notice and understand. the shard detector thing was mentioned once when miroku asked inuyasha if kagome was his lover, inuyasha gave her some dignity in giving her a job title and description whereas in japan especially then, women weren't given value. kagome was angry because he didn't say she was his friend... sorry, i went off in a tangent... i also wanted to applaud you for giving portraying inuyasha with intelligence and describing/portraying his inability to deal with emotional stuff because for two centuries he was deprived of social interaction and experience, he was also deprived of affection and touch (physical touch is important... studies show babies die from lack of touch) so i really liked when you had him delighted to be embraced.

great little story! i was searching through archives looking for something good to read and found this. \o/

an anime/manga recommendation:
if you've never seen/read/heard of 'rurouni kenshin' i would like to recommend it. they've made a new live action movie that has been released internationally and it is really great (a live action adaptation of an anime series done right) and they've finished filming two more live action sequel movies that follow the next arc of the manga (to be released late this summer/early autum)... they've released a new OVA series and a brand new/different manga story that the movie is partially based on.

if you copy/paste the following codes in the youtube search engine you can see a few of the trailers :

90ubrsSxrKc -subbed trailer.

yaLOPVAuJs4 -raw character profile trailers.

PvmcNKM-jEo -subbed first episode of the anime.

8qRFhP5PhMk -live action depiction of the dojo fight scene in the above episode.

a7HrF77Ewkg -the sneak preview for the next two sequel movies (the second option listed is subbed).

bAgmfGZbVrQ -the new official trailer for the second movie (subbed)
enjoy!

delighted,
ginny
kokoronagomu. deviantart. com
ټ
GodlyJewel chapter 5 . 12/29/2013
This was hilarious! I always wondered how Inuyasha reacted the first time he saw Kagome in her gym uniform. Still, that last chapter was just too cute.
Larissa chapter 5 . 12/6/2013
Cute little story with very good emotional development for Inu Yasha.
Just so you know though, the honorific "kun" is only supposed to be used with boy names.
princessbinas chapter 5 . 12/3/2013
I wonder if a sequel will boil up... That would be perfect for Inuyasha to participate in the Sports Day event by force so he gets to know what actually goes on better. It would be even funnier if the hat fell off in the Mock Battle.
princessbinas chapter 4 . 12/1/2013
Very cool chapter! Now Inuyasha gets a nice smack to the face. XD
princessbinas chapter 3 . 11/30/2013
I knew that Miroku was impure but his impurities have to go somewhere. Poor Inuyasha! XD
princessbinas chapter 2 . 11/29/2013
Inuyasha is such an idiot... He oughta to know better. Oh well, the idiot needs to be drafted in as a punishment! It would be hilarious to see him run around the field like a idiot.

Great story.