Reviews for Sparks
quantumsilver chapter 6 . 12/21/2013
Apologies for taking so long, but this story was delightful. It shows a great grasp of that fledgling newly-born fowl quality you get out of B'Elanna's fierceness sometimes when she surprises herself...NAILED, and it's a hard quality to capture, too. Well done across the board.
CrlkSeasons chapter 6 . 12/1/2013
Very welcome windows into less familiar moments in B'Elanna's life. I particularly enjoyed reading more about B'Elanna's relationships with her mother and Max Burke. Of course, well written B'Elanna/Tom scenes are always appreciated.
You chose your vignettes well to elevate a clever writing device to a satisfying character piece.
Delwin chapter 6 . 11/30/2013
And a satisfying conclusion that highlights that real growth in B'Elanna's character the we see over Voyager's journey which makes her so endlessly interesting. And the stuffed targ! Wonderfully done and a pleasure to read!
Delwin chapter 5 . 11/30/2013
Absolutely love this chapter. Such a perfect glimpse into those early days in the DQ and the frustrations that we see so little of on screen. The interaction between Tom and B'Elanna is wonderfully fun - one can imagine a very different reaction to a very similar pool game and glances from those 'bright blue eyes' a few years later. Great balance and depth.
DeltaCat chapter 6 . 11/30/2013
Love how you describe B'Elanna trying to change her Maquis ways! Like how she starts to blame someone other than the Captain for stranding them, I think she would too, that's really believable. Love in Chapter 6 how you show her softer side emerging and surprising her now she's got Tom's love and support.
So great not to have to wait long for instalments too! X
DeltaCat chapter 4 . 11/29/2013
This was such a great story in so many ways, I was totally caught up in it. Thanks a lot X
RetardedFish97 chapter 4 . 11/29/2013
This is such a good story! Can't wait for the last chapter (:
Delwin chapter 3 . 11/29/2013
Taking the first three parts together because I'm so impressed with how B'Elanna's voice evolves from child, to young adolescent to older teen. Each of the three is a difficult voice to capture and you found each one beautifully.

In chapter one, I'll admit that I particularly love the foreshadowing of Tom - the blond haired, blue eyed boy who everyone loves and makes his parents proud :)

In chapter two, the relationship between B and her mother is so well drawn with the subtleties of their relationship apparent. These are not simply two people at each other's throats but a mother and daughter who truly care for each other but struggle to find common ground.

And in chapter three, I have to say my favorite piece is Max Burke, who is so easy to villianize, but, in a few words, you caught his quiet leadership here which is also there evident in 'Equinox'. So very nicely done!
DeltaCat chapter 2 . 11/29/2013
I LOVE this, it's great. You have B'Elanna's voice just right I think. Please post again soon.
RetardedFish97 chapter 2 . 11/29/2013
This is really good, please keep writing (:
RetardedFish97 chapter 1 . 11/29/2013
Aww, this is really horrible...
good writing, but the bullying made me want to cry S:
Really, really good fic though, please write more!