Reviews for Not Quite Right
waddiwasiwitch chapter 1 . 5/18
Aw this was hilarious and so cute.
BlackCarson chapter 1 . 1/31/2014
Ahah this made me laugh so hard! I like you sense of humor, you don't put the character in usual, full of cliches situation.
HowsBoutNo chapter 1 . 12/10/2013
This is so funny! I loved it.
Al-497 chapter 1 . 11/28/2013
Okay I'm the same reviewer as before and I DID A THING! (fanfiction wouldn't let me review twice on my account)

Riza Hawkeye sat in her apartment one Saturday afternoon. She had the day off and was filling said day reading cheesy romance novels and cuddling Hayate. Her hand fluttered to her heart as her eyes scanned the mopey letters upon the page of her book. “Oh,” she murmured. “How romantic...”

Ryol pressed his lips firmly yet gently on Teresa's forehead. “My love,” he murmured. “You mustn't cry. I will always be with you, regardless of any battle.”
Teresa shook her head, pushing him back. “I can't do this with you, Ryol! I can't keep pretending I'm okay when you're off fighting. I'll never know! I won't know if you'll return to me or not. And I can't do this not knowing.”
“Please, Teresa. I need you. I love you, more than anything.”
“If you love me, quit the military. Stay here with me.”
“Teresa, you've never been so hurt by my deployment before. Tell me, my love, tell me what's wrong.”
“I-” the young woman started, glancing up at him tearfully. “I'm pregnant with your child, Ryol.”
He gasped, stepping back. His eyes shot down to her belly, which was no where near showing yet. “You mean- in there? My baby?”
She nodded, fearfully. “So you see, it's not just for me that I can't have you leave. It's for him or her, too.”
Ryol sighed, a single tear slipping down his face. He closed his eyes and hummed softly. “You know I can't just quit, my love. It's against the rules.”
“Damn the rules!” Teresa sobbed. “You're going to be a father! Surely that takes precedence?”
“I'm sorry, Teresa- I just can't.”

Three curt knocks rang through the apartment and Riza's head snapped up as Hayate lept from the couch and ran to the door, stumbling over his own paws. She placed her novel down on the coffee table and made her way to the door, fumbling with the lock. She soon had the door unlocked and pulled it open, revealing the face of Colonel Roy Mustang.
“Colonel?” she questioned. “Sir, what are you doing here?”
He shrugged, smirking. “I was bored. I thought maybe my best lieutenant might have some ideas on how to entertain myself.” He frowned suddenly. “Riza, why are you crying?” he murmured softly, pressing a hand to her cheek.
Her own hand went up to her cheek and came back wet. She laughed a little whilst gently removing his hand from her cheek. She wiped her face with her sleeve, still chuckling. “Sorry, Sir.”
“I'm confused, why were you crying?”
She shook her head, a playful smile dancing on her lips. “Nothing, Sir. Would you like to come in?” He smiled briefly back at her and nodded, entering the apartment. He knelt beside Hayate and ruffled his ears as Riza shut and re-locked the door. “Drink, Sir?” she called as she made her way into the kitchen.
He stood and removed his coat. “Yes, please. You know, you don't need to call me 'Sir' in your own home. We are old friends, Riza. Why not address each other as such?”
He could hear the smile in her voice as she responded, “Sure, Roy. Scotch or brandy?”
“Scotch, please.” He walked over to her couch and plopped down on the old cushions, leaning comfortably back. A novel caught his eye and he picked it up, eyes glancing over the cover. He turned it over to the page open and began to read. Before long, Riza stepped into the room, two glasses in her hands.
Roy looked up at her, smug. “Still reading children's stories, Riza?”
“I don't know what you're talking about, Si- er, Roy.” She set the glasses down on the coffee table and sat next to him.
“I think you do,” he replied, holding up the novel.
She gasped, her cheeks reddening as she snatched the book from him. “This happens to be a sophisticated novel documenting the trials of military life!”
He snorted. “Sure. Just know, in the next few pages Teresa convinces him to stay home from the war and they have sex.”
Riza glowered at him. “I wasn't that far yet.”
Roy's eyes widened suddenly and he began to guffaw loudly. Tears soon leaked from the corners of his eyes and he doubled over in laughter, despite Riza's protests. “You... were... crying... at... this... novel?!” he gasped, his grin wide.
Riza's cheeks blushed furiously and she quickly shoved the novel in between the couch cushions. “I didn't even realize it!” she responded, angrily.
Soon, Roy's laughter subsided to a quiet chuckle and he glanced sideways at his friend. “Oh, come on, Riza. Don't be mad. It's eerily similar to when we were younger; back when we still lived with your father.”
Her pout slipped a little and her prideful eyes became sad. “Yes, back when he still lived. I remember.”
The colonel frowned, his hand coming to rest on Riza's shoulder. “I'm sorry, Riza. I know how it upsets you-”
“Nonsense, Sir. I mean Roy. Regardless, I seem to remember you offering 'firsthand experience.'” She grinned, quirking an eyebrow at him as a crimson spread over his cheeks.
“Well you were the one who kissed me!” he protested.
“Only because you had no idea what you were doing,” she replied, smoothly.
“Neither did you,” he muttered. “I seem to remember that being the worst kiss I had ever had.”
She scoffed. “At the time it was the only kiss you'd ever had!”
Roy smiled warmly at her. “You know, I bet we can do a hell of a lot better than last time.” Riza had opened her mouth to respond but was cut off by Roy's lips coming to rest against hers. They moved slowly at first, evenly. Once the initial shock wore off, Riza began to kiss back, her own lips moving harmoniously with Roy's. He slipped his arms around her waist, slowly bringing them closer together. She looped one arm around his neck, her fingers gripping the hair at the nape of his neck; the other arm gripping his collar tightly.
Roy pulled back, smiling. “Told you.”
She grinned. “I'm not done with you yet,” she muttered, grabbing his collar and kissing him again.

I HOPE YOU LIKE THE THING
Kitsune-Blue chapter 1 . 11/28/2013
Hehe awww poor Roy! Would love to see what happens next! :)
Okami Ikiru chapter 1 . 11/28/2013
This is so wonderfull! I can totally see it happening!
doctoral chapter 1 . 11/28/2013
This was so cute! It would be lovely if you expanded, but it's your story! Although imagine older Riza and Roy looking back on this! Omfgg or like a scene of this exact same thing happening but ten times less awkward. I'm fangirling over your story now, right on!