Reviews for thé à la grenouille
you named this story frog tea?
Luthien'sLight chapter 42 . 3/31
This was a fantastic fic, and I’m disappointed that it was discontinued. You have received many insulting comments about your work, which I wholeheartedly disagree with. Yes, this fic is slow — that’s part of what makes it so good. Yes, Harry is a brat and then did likable to some extent because he’s lazy — but it just shows he’s human and brings greater enjoyability to Harry as a multidimensional character, since he’s not JUST lazy or dislikable, these are merely aspects of his personality on top of the rest. Yes, Harry seems useless — but again, it’s because he’s still learning stuff. He was pretty much just as useless the first couple books, except Rowling made him perfectly fitted in regards to the situations and problems. This is a different Harry, not quite as suited to stuff. I don’t think you’ll ever continue this fic, but it was a pleasure to read and I hope that someday someone, if not you, will pick it up again and complete it.
Mischief Managed1991 chapter 1 . 3/16
Frog tea? I am starting to doubt my French abilities. So far though, this Fic is really good! :)
Rhianna Greengrass chapter 5 . 12/28/2020
I love/hate how they're all fighting over Harry like that. I hate because they're treating him almost like a prize to be won and I love it because of just how angry Fudge and Dumbledore are because they lost.
SeraphimBlue chapter 18 . 12/6/2020
I thought madame maxime refused to admit being part giant and was offended if anyone ever insinuated she was
Hypatius chapter 35 . 11/2/2020
Ron? A girlfriend? Mature? Yeah talk about being too much OOC, he's practically an OC in this fic
Guest chapter 27 . 9/5/2020
Been noticing Harry’s acting like a brat but it’s to be expected I suppose as he is 8 years old which I keep forgetting
Antares Graceford chapter 15 . 8/30/2020
WTF is wrong with Harry?
Antares Graceford chapter 4 . 8/30/2020
This is fast becoming one of my favourite stories ever. Amazing.
conan1214 chapter 42 . 8/14/2020
This is quite good. I hope you'll continue it someday.
x102reddragon chapter 42 . 6/6/2020
Hope this will be updated again someday!
stevem1 chapter 42 . 5/14/2020
The author is to be congratulated on trying to do something different. That shows ambition, courage and a certain amount of creativity. Further, English is the author’s second language and he did an excellent job despite the handicap.

Further positives include a different setting, Beauxbatons and France. The author also gives the French their own problems and doesn’t simply copy from British-centric canon. Beauxbatons felt believable as a setting.

The problems include this Harry not being very sympathetic. The first 10 or so chapters, he’s a brat. Then he spends time being lazy. As a character, there isn’t a lot of positives so that the reader can identify with the protagonist.

On balance, this is recommended but don’t expect a lot of action.
stevem1 chapter 25 . 5/14/2020
So far Harry is lazy and not very bright.
stevem1 chapter 19 . 5/14/2020
So Dumbledore’s job put him in conflict with his other jobs, and limit his ability to protect Harry. It sounds like he needs to give up some titles.
stevem1 chapter 15 . 5/14/2020
As of chapter 15, Harry Potter is an 8 year old brat.

I like the author’s description of Beauxbatons.