Reviews for More Than One Way
Here and now chapter 7 . 12/17/2013
What happed to chapter 7 I thought we were going to get in deep from 6. Did not see Arthur reaction to that last line in chapter 6. A let down...
musicalgirl4474 chapter 6 . 12/14/2013
Um... there really is no other way to say this... this story is AMAZING! Like, I am all for angst, and this story is giving me such FEELS! AHHHHHHHHHHH! Okay, I'm good now. But if you could update soon? The suspense, I fear, may kill me.
KmKizmet chapter 6 . 12/13/2013
This... This... I'm speechless.
Really good chapter. The angst just breaks my heart.
But it's just too good not to read.
Ddiwerth chapter 6 . 12/13/2013
So loving the angst. And the way Gaius goes off on one; thinking about what he’s done. Too bloody right (silly old fool)! I know Arthur put Merlin in that position in the first place with his neglect, but Gaius shouldn’t have taken such extreme action to get his point across. But we all know he meant well and was stressed and worried...especially if he’s considering topping himself off as well!

Like the way you described the symptoms and treatment of Merlin’s condition using medieval knowledge (like how Gaius explained the possibility Merlin could be brain damaged as a result of lack of oxygen). Very well thought through, IMHO.

Blimey Arthur’s so blinkered! Even after talking to Gaius for hours about how he and Merlin are suffering due to lack of funds and being overworked, Arthur can’t see past his own nose to the fact that he’s had a big part to play in their situation. Can’t wait to see how reacts to Gaius’ accusation of being a poor master (and I bet he’ll need further explanation...because he’s too arrogant to accept his own faults!). And also can’t wait to find out how badly Merlin’s affected (though I have everything crossed that he isn’t brain damaged...go on magic, do your stuff!) :O)
Guest chapter 6 . 12/13/2013
Wow he said it, very nice. Can't wait for the update.
janiecat chapter 6 . 12/13/2013
Ack! You can't leave it there, you cruel woman. Seriously, this is leaps and bounds above the original (and I loved the original), but the depth and detail, the anguish of all the players is absolutely palpable. My only quibble is with Gaius thinking in terms of 'minutes'. At least as far as I know, Arthur and Camelot were supposed to have existed around 750 AD or thereabouts. The first working mechanical clocks weren't invented in Europe until the 17th century, until then they used sundials, candle marks, the movement of the stars, sunrise, sunset, etc. They did have the concept of 'hour's but to m knowledge no idea of the time between. They may have measured that time by heartbeats (according to my research, anyway). I know, it's a minor quibble and probably not worth mentioning but whenever I read a Merlin story and the characters mark time by modern standards, it throws me out of the story for a minute or two. Otherwise, this is wonderful and I can totally see Gaius doing something so desperate to save his 'poor, dear boy'. Well done!
O'MalleytheAlleyCat chapter 6 . 12/12/2013
I swear every time I read you fics I wanna cry they are so putting in the Gaius Merlin relationship no one ever writes about! Eeeep! I Love your writing!
Lovely-chan chapter 6 . 12/12/2013
Ah! So he finally tells Arthur, about time! But you almost kill Merlin, Gaius!
April29Roses chapter 6 . 12/12/2013
That was a brilliant, amazing chapter! The tracheotomy was shocking and desperate and I have to admit I also don't know how Merlin will awake. In my mind I could see my poor dear Merlin, hemiplegic and determined, still trying to protect Arthur, trotting after him with a limp,...wow! Gaius' assessment is unassailable in it's logic. Poor Arthur, finally understanding that his neglect is the cause of this terrible scenario. Now as to Gaius! You wrote his agony amazingly well. His guilt and his mad desperation to save Merlin are true to his heart! Love this story!
mersan123 chapter 6 . 12/12/2013
Go Gaius! How can Arthur be so stupid and blind? I truly hope you will not curse Merlin as a result of lack of oxygen (begging face). He just does not deserve it.
Bed and Breakfast for Two chapter 6 . 12/12/2013
Gaius was brave attempting to shock Arthur into reality. I guess that all's well that ends well, will apply here.
CherryAmes15 chapter 6 . 12/12/2013
Lecture time!
battlemaiden518 chapter 6 . 12/12/2013
Gaius is annoying me lol. But don't take that the wrong way! I adore this story, and the angsty feels are amazing! xD
Bailieboro chapter 6 . 12/12/2013
If this was the only way for Gaius to get through to Arthur that his shabby treatment of Merlin was mainly responsible for the boy's state of health, then maybe it was acceptable. Shame Arthur is so oblivious to the simple need of others for food and warmth.
The idea of having Gaius perform a tracheotomy was brilliant. Great writing and even better a really superior imagination...
DeLurker chapter 6 . 12/12/2013
Ugh I can't sign in but am very glad Merlin is alive. Guius is a bit cruel here. Could have just said that they lakes what was needed. Lol.
109 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »