Reviews for Finding a Place to Call Home
Overide22 chapter 13 . 3/24
Great story, I read it all this afternoon and couldn't put it down until I was finished.
Foxy Engineer chapter 13 . 3/23
It was good.
CynthiaP chapter 13 . 3/20
Cute story idea - thanks for sharing your writing!
SuperVegitoFAN chapter 12 . 3/17
As i am danish ud like to know where that beach is
Cersesi chapter 13 . 3/16
I like it.
TxA-GunFighter chapter 13 . 3/14
Awesome chapter, outstanding story and well done.

gunny
Gracealma chapter 13 . 3/14
Excellent story. I love a happy ending.:) Too bad that in the movies or books that justice was not served?!
MWRANDOM chapter 13 . 3/13
Overall nice work. Your OC's were ok although Lillith didn't really seem to add much and both seemed overpowered for the setting. The story really began to decline after chapter six. Before that you were going in depth with character interactions and plotline. After chapter six there was a marked decline in the charicter development and plot. I blame the shorter length as chapter 5 consisted of over 6000 words while chapter 7 had been reduced to less than 4000. With the reduction in chapter lengths you just were not able to give the OC characters and divergent plotlines the depth and development they really needed to shine. 6000 words is more than enough to add new light to a well known story and plot while adding depth to characters that are familiar on some level to the reader. Cutting that by a third or more for new characters the reader has to get to know and plotlines that the reader has no previous grounding in is simply too much and resulted in lackluster chapters with little actual depth. You get an A for the first 6 chapters and a solid C for the remaining seven. For something that you state was meant to be a one shot you did very well. If all the chapters were as good as the first six this could have easily been one of my top ten favorite Harry Potter stories. Not bad at all.
MWRANDOM chapter 6 . 3/13
I hope that you are very careful with how you use the Graham OC. Him learning about all of that with Harry is REALLY pushing it. It would take some dedicated effort to get some of that information as it's not going to be something that crops up in casual conversation for most students, as a slytherin it would be even harder as those who would know about Harry are typically on their guard around slytherins and unlikely to disclose such information. I think it would have been better if his observations were left but his research into Harry and the conspiracies that occurred before Graham entering school was removed as he is coming DANGEROUSLY close to being a Gary Stu character (and also giving a bit of the stalker vibe) with him being super smart, super observant, able to get accurate stories from people about Harry's early years and introduction into wizard society so quickly, and still be able to do well with his magic classes. You can utilize him, but you really need to show restraint on how and when you do so as using him wrong has the potential to ruin what has been an excellent story so far.
Spannerspoon chapter 13 . 3/9
Awwwww! Brilliantly written and a fantastic plot!

Hela was brilliant but I'd love to know what happens to Snape. Loved it
hornet07 chapter 6 . 3/8
Graham is a bullshit character and the reason I despise OCs in stories...people just can't help themselves but to make over-the-top characters.
s-david-m chapter 11 . 3/5
Harry didn't command death to serve out justice, so I'm not sure why she's doing these things.
Noble Korhedron chapter 13 . 3/2
Hmm, the ending kind of sucked. It's so abrupt, we don't get to see how they got where they are... Other than that, the story itself was good...
Harstori Lover chapter 13 . 2/28
I loved this story. You captured the characters perfectly. Normally I love Harry/Daphne pairing fics but I found this one far sweeter and realistic.
The ending is great and I love how you portrayed Dumbledore. I completely despise the senile old man.
The way you had Voldemort die was brilliant.
G Fawkes chapter 1 . 2/26
It probably gets better, but I'll never know. All I hear is "mwaa mwaa mwaa mwaa'
The description doesn't say "whiny, angst riddled, drivel", but there's too much for me.