Reviews for Finding a Place to Call Home
PewterTA99 chapter 13 . 9/23
Miss is for unmarried women.
PewterTA99 chapter 2 . 9/23
You repeat yourself a lot and don't seem to know the difference between then and than.
Lamorak Korving chapter 3 . 9/21
At least Tonks, Kingsley Shacklebolt and Amelia Bones are on Harry's side as
well as Astoria Greengrass. I wonder if the bullying Hogwarts students will be
punished?
Lamorak Korving chapter 2 . 9/21
Harry Potter and Astoria seem to make a much more compatible pair than
Ron, Ginny and Hermione. They also seem to be confident with each other.
Lamorak Korving chapter 1 . 9/21
I always thought that if Draco Malfoy hadn't been so hostile towards Harry
Potter when he had just boarded the Hogwarts Express for the first time, and
if Hagrid hadn't criticized Slytherin while praising the merits of Gryffindor, Harry
would have made a great Slytherin, and he'd have been a splendid friend for
Tracey Davis, since they are both half-bloods, as well as good friend for
Astoria Greengrass.
Ultralurker chapter 13 . 9/21
Having read to the end, I now feel that my assertion that you have a bad habit of double tapping the "o" key is true. Throughout this entire fic, "lose" and "losing" have always been "loose" and "loosing." A fairly common habit, actually. Many other writers make the same mistakes, you just happen to be hearing about it from me because I'm trying to leave criticism more often, rather than to note the errors and stop reading a fic without leaving anything in this review box.

I have to feel that having Death fix the issue with Voldermort, and the lifting of the Moon Curse happen in two chapters was a bit of a rush job. Harry only had to show up at Gringotts to acquire all of the Hallows. I wasn't expecting some grand quest, but after the chapters of Harry slowly being healed, emotionally, by Astoria only to have everything concluded in maybe three chapters just feels rushed.

I did enjoy the story, but it is definitely not a favorite. The fic was... okay. Not bad. Most certainty not bad, but not good or great either.
Ultralurker chapter 5 . 9/20
I needed to leave this here, instead at the final chapter, so that I don't forget.

You have a bad habit of typing "loose" and "loosing" instead of "lose" and "losing." You have also use "your" when the correct word is "you're." In this chapter, when Daphne was confronting Hermione, Hermione says that she just wants to know where Harry is and Daphne replies with "No your not." It should have been "No you're not." You have used the correct contraction before, so I think that it is just grammar errors, as opposed to you using "loose" and "loosing." That has happened since the beginning of the fic, so I think that is not only a spelling and grammar issue, it may also be a habit. A bad habit to double tap the "o" key.
crossfire922 chapter 13 . 9/19
Awwww Happy ending :).
Nitpicker chapter 2 . 9/18
'Bye Bye' wasn't released until January 1998; over 3 years after Harry's fourth year at Hogwarts..
First Ron life growing up was worse then Harry's. Second Harry a childen he arrest for running away.
Baron Von Anarchy IV chapter 1 . 8/30
Well, that escalated far quickly than it should have. Also, there is zero reason as to why Astoria would know about Harry's mother having a bank account with the gnomes. That would literally never come up in any feasible conversation.
Spazzman29 chapter 9 . 8/30
I don't like Graham, I find him irritating.
Nightfalls in Silence chapter 4 . 8/26
Just out of curiosity. Wouldn't they be able to tell where Harry and Astoria are because of the trace? Anyway I love this story so far, it's done in such an intriguing way!
DoorIntoSummer chapter 11 . 8/25
Bullshit objective moralities like this are in a really poor taste, in my opinion, — especially when they have to be enforced by inconsistent anthropomorphized entities.
Cool idea. My only minor questions are as follows:

Glamour spells are good, but I feel simply wearing a hat can be a big aid too in hiding the scar. Especially as Harry was never prone to cap wearing. One of those flat caps might look dashing on him. So why not have him go muggle and wear a hat? Spells can be detected and canceled. A hat is just a hat.

Why not leave Hogwarts through the secret tunnel to the shrieking shack? He just needs to hit the knot on the tree. I can't imagine just going out the front would actually work.
1,099 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »