Reviews for Finding a Place to Call Home
OriksGaming chapter 13 . 7/28
I really loved this story. I don't see the master of death used a lot, even though I would logically expect it to be a cliché by now. It was a bit Deus ex Machina, but I can live with that, because I love how the romance played out. I'm so glad you expanded this unusual pairing rather than making it a one shot. It could have used slightly more editing but I loved it nonetheless.
Maiku07 chapter 13 . 7/21
Very good!

I really like the way you used death to take care of the Horcruxes. I hate when people try to write this long journey to find and destroy them when that's not what their story is focused on. It always feels shoe-horned in. But you did a very good job with it. It was fairly quick, clean, developed a new character, and entertaining to read!

If I have one complaint, it would be how Graham is written. I know he's supposed to be 'too smart for his age' but that statement doesn't really make sense, and doesn't seem realistic. Part of the problem though might be that I generally dislike that type of hyper-aware deductive character when they are still very much a child, but I wanted to mention it so you can think about it more the next time you write.

One a side note, great job updating despite stress and business in real life. Especially since you were battling with depression. Remember that your readers will understand if you have to take some time away from the story to address your mental health. Just keep them up to date with your plans for updating the story, and everything will be ok!

Anyways, great story!
~RC
chemiczen chapter 6 . 7/21
I really don't understand the appeal these stories have. Super smart children acting way too mature for their age. Super smart children outsmarting and making fools out of authority figures. It's not relatable and it doesn't make sense, which makes these kinds of stories really hard for me to take seriously without rolling my eyes.

And reading about a pair of 13 and 14 year-old travelling around Paris had me waiting for them to get kidnapped. And then for Sirius to get some kind of phone call where he says something along the lines of, "...I have a very particular set of skills. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you..."

I know there are a lot of popular stories that have the same kind of premise as this one, but vindictive stories that feature cunning children isn't really my cup of tea.
Lachriel chapter 3 . 7/13
I'm really loving the contrast of "They can't have gotten too far," and "Oh, look, we're in Paris!" It's just fun.
envirosue chapter 13 . 7/9
Nice ending. Thank you for taking the time and effort to write and finish such a wonderful story. Very unique, with lots of cool subplots, and everyone gets their justly deserved end. I especially appreciate your Dumbledore thread, falling off a tower as a martyr was too easy.
envirosue chapter 12 . 7/9
This was a lovely chapter. Brief, but touching.
envirosue chapter 11 . 7/9
This chapter is incredibly satisfying. Better than cannon.
envirosue chapter 2 . 7/9
Not nearly enough remorse by the bullies! I hope you have wonderful, dismal lives planned for the worse of them. Can cowardly neville be redeemed? hmm.
envirosue chapter 1 . 7/9
This sounds like a fun adventure.
Stormblade chapter 11 . 7/8
Based on what you said in your AN, I assume Hela/Death despises Dementors as well, right? Because they basically do the same thing?
Random Person chapter 13 . 7/2
Squeal! This is amazing! I have a new ship! Hooray! Let's celebrate! After all, not every story can do that.
But I wanna see Australia! :(
nat chapter 1 . 6/20
I think people are harsh on girls for absurd reasons that get ignored in men. Good thing that Astoria isn't getting that stigma for once.
Aaaawwww...how sweet! This story is so cute!
Aww...how sweet...