Reviews for Finding a Place to Call Home
a fan of this chapter 13 . 12/4/2022
Although I liked the story a lot, I think it's not very well written, not only grammatically, but also chronologically, there are times when days seem to go by and then it's weeks, only to seem like days again.

The story also feels a bit empty, very few reactions are seen, for the news you only put the headlines and little else, there are many things that could be added to this story so that it had a better background, I know that it focuses mostly on Astoria and Harry, but seeing other people's reactions to the headlines and the news itself, seeing how people react to Harry leaving the country more than just glancing, that kind of thing.

In any case, a decent story that could have been better, but also worse (I've read many stories that draw a lot of attention because of the summary and then I abandon them super pissed off because of how badly they are done)
77766777 chapter 5 . 11/18/2022
Your Hermione arc just feels completely fake because she just never actually betrayed Harry in canon and you just changed her character for no real reason? If you wanted Harry to feel betrayed by her, you could have simply had him assume she didn't belive him about the Goblet because she didn't talk to him about it for a day. Fanfiction is fanfiction, but changing a character negatively like that for no reason generally doesn't improve your fic.

This also applies to Dumbledore but there is at least evidence that he's a bad person because of JKR's inconsistent writing.
Guest chapter 1 . 10/18/2022
Br
Kagami Keina chapter 13 . 10/9/2022
Good Story
Rune Tobor chapter 10 . 9/7/2022
What kills Tom is blind LUCK!

That is why we are so unsatisied.
Rune Tobor chapter 5 . 9/6/2022
Rowling wrote Ron as MoRon, and wrote Albus as fanon often portrays him.
Harry was written as kinda dim, but Hermione was supposed to be smart.
Hermione does a number of rather dumb things, why?
For all her vivid imagination Rowling is not very intelligent.
This is proven by the MANY plot holes she made.

It is next to impossible for an average writer to do justice to a genius character.

I have seen it done once, decades ago in a science fiction short story.
Sorry I have forgotten the title and author, it was over 40 years ago.
Rune Tobor chapter 4 . 9/6/2022
Sirius I like, Remus not very much.
Sirius was in prison when Harry was abused by the Dursleys
Remus was just lazy and never visited, bad wolf, abandoned cub.
Mr. "I am a dark creature, poor me", Tonks deserved better.
tumshie chapter 13 . 8/20/2022
Not a chapter review but a story review.

This is a very nice story and well told, but let down in places due to poor spelling. As I haven't checked your profile I'm not sure if you're still writing, but if you are I suggest that after you write a chapter that you save it, and then go back an re-read it to check for spelling and grammar errors.
Father chapter 1 . 8/14/2022
Why are so many people have to put in the same old subject matter that is in the movies? Can't people write stories based on
different adventures other than the movie titles and lines stolen from the movies?
Come on writers get original thoughts for stories. You have brains writers use them . Don't dumb down your thoughts.
Leefa chapter 13 . 7/22/2022
What a lovely story. Perfect wonderful early morning day off read.
Guest chapter 1 . 6/7/2022
I do so like this fic.
hdres chapter 4 . 5/28/2022
I am enjoying Harry and Astoria’s travels. I like the idea of a completely separate magical Paris. Thank you for sharing your story
tieflin chapter 13 . 4/28/2022
What a lovely Epilogue!
tieflin chapter 11 . 4/28/2022
Your version of the Hallows and Hela are really cool!
tieflin chapter 4 . 4/28/2022
I'm really liking the idea of this world tour and your take so far on other magical societies. Magical Paris/France sounds amazing! I'm looking forward to seeing their other destinations.
1,408 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »