Reviews for The Last Word
JeniDRalph chapter 6 . 6/23/2012
That was pure fun! (I used and exclamation point.)
SamGallagher chapter 2 . 4/11/2012
'Things were perfect'... Until...
SamGallagher chapter 1 . 4/11/2012
"Just one more thing," I said. "Did it come with a mouse?"

"Er, no. I guess not. This is everything that was in the boxes," he said, looking concerned. "Oh, well, here." He drew his wand then and conjured a small field mouse, offering it to me by the tail. "Will this do?"

"It's perfect," I assured him, taking custody of the small creature. "Thank you."

Best lines in this chapter, made me giggle :)

Now... On with the story!
Light on the Horizon chapter 6 . 3/11/2012
Great story, I really enjoyed it :)
Kikibell's kitten chapter 6 . 1/12/2012
it's not who has the last word that counts.. it's what that last word is... LOL
Helene chapter 6 . 10/19/2011
This is hilarious. Thank you for a very entertaining read and all the attendant giggles and snickers.
Rosajean chapter 6 . 9/14/2011
Loved this whole story!
Reader-anonymous-writer chapter 6 . 9/8/2011
Every year, I wore a new watch to Hogwarts, hoping that it would last, but all those wards of Professor Dumbledore's did something to the battery, and I never had a single watch survive the Sorting.

What about mechanical watch? Honestly, I don't wear electronic watch! Though, I know I have to check whether this mechanical watch has stopped and shows incorrect time, regularly, but it's only because most of the time it stays on my desk. If I had to walk with it to classes and library inside the huge castle every day, it would not ever stop. And even if it stopped, tempus can give correct time to get the watch moving again.

I adore Arthur; I always have. But his affinity for Muggle devices has never matched his knowledge of them, and the results have, on occasion, been a spectacular mess.

"Shut the hell up, Sparky," quickly became an office catchphrase, something my staff threw back at me anytime they didn't like what I was saying

A challenge to see if I could have the last word... The mystery was fun, after all. I didn't need to know... eventually I could no longer pretend that the mystery man didn't matter... It wasn't possible. Surely no one should have to confront this much reality in one otherwise normal workday... There are certain things one simply shouldn't say to me, and calling me a 'fool' definitely falls into that category. Peter wouldn't have known that, of course, because Peter didn't really know me at all..

I made up my mind that there was simply no way I was going to leave Hogwarts without seeing him.

Laughter, at Hermione's nervousness and determination.

message had been received and understood, and now we stood before one another unmasked... It was all I could do not to put my head down on my desk and cry. I had been so focussed on our disastrous real-life meeting that I had completely forgotten how much our e-mail correspondence meant to me, and now it seemed that I had lost that too. I had somehow managed to make a disaster of virtually every aspect of my life. All I needed now was a huge row with Harry and Ron to make things absolutely perfect. Finally, I decided that I would be the one to break the silence. It didn't sit entirely well, but if he didn't respond – and I fully expected that he wouldn't – I would at least have the satisfaction of having had the last word. It was something, anyway.

"Once again, you manage to surprise me, Miss Granger," he said, and I think it was the first time in my life I saw the severe lines of Severus Snape's face soften into something approaching a smile... my surprise, not to mention embarrassment, was so profound that I hardly knew if I was speaking English. There should be a word stronger than 'blush' to describe what was happening to my face just then... I was in danger of becoming addicted to that smile... I blushed again. "Does it strike you that this is much easier via e-mail?" "It does, And yet I'm not sure we can go back to that now. I don't think it would be the same." "No. It wouldn't. It wouldn't…well, be enough, would it?" "No."

Minerva is bound to have some flying monkeys hidden away somewhere.

Oooh! The man STILL made my blood boil! If he thought that one sweet line out of ten was going to let him off the hook… so I let him off too easily…but at least I didn't let him have the last word.

Beautiful. Thank you. Good luck.
where she went chapter 6 . 9/7/2011
Loved the ending.
Shawntail chapter 6 . 8/31/2011
I just loved this story...

the mental image of professor Snape typing away at a computer alone was enough to have a goofy smile on my face for at least an hour or so :p
LilacGrace444 chapter 6 . 8/19/2011
Officially one of my fav fanfic stories ever...and that's saying a LOT. Love the concept, the dialogue, everything. literally laughed out loud the whole way through.
forgotten secret chapter 6 . 8/14/2011
That was simply awesome! :D I love how you put the internet in the wizard world. You have amazing writing skills and the story was so original. GREAT JOB!
Deccatrine chapter 6 . 8/13/2011
Wonderful job on this story! I particularly enjoyed the realism of the romance blossoming from two strangers' exchange of emails. I also appreciate that some plot points weren't too drawn out. I imagine both Snape and Hermione are too practical and grounded for such inanity that plagues us mere mortals. In any case, though I usually shy away from email or instant messaging-based fanfics, I enjoyed your story immensely since they are basically love notes. Of a kind. I will now hunt down your other stories.
Morzan's Elvish Daughter chapter 6 . 8/2/2011
XD I can't think of anything more productive to put.
Professor Chrystal-Snape chapter 6 . 7/30/2011