Reviews for Catalyst
Zanza Flux chapter 75 . 2/1
This story was really good. I'm glad I came across it. I was glued to this story from start to finish. So much action and character development for everyone. I loved it. I especially loved the relationship you developed between Taylor and John. Very few writers go into how Taylor feels about all of this.

The only thing that I felt a little uncomfortable with was the way Paul Carter was handled. Maybe it's just me, but it felt like you tried really hard to make him the bad guy. I got the emotional abuse and how his anger caused their marriage to fall apart. Still he didn't have to be the bad guy just to show how much John really loved Joss. I guess I'm speaking from personal experience. My parents were better friends when they were apart then they were together. I didn't find out why they split up until I was older. They still remained friends even after they both found someone they loved.
J2CaReese chapter 75 . 1/24
Excellent fics. You are truly an excellent author of thriller. It hurts to see John and Joss suffer so much (especially Joss is almost unbearable) but the strength and depth of their love is wonderful and extraordinary.
FMA-YGOfangirl chapter 8 . 10/12/2014
This is pretty good so far, and you're spot on with the characters. It's like you were one of the writer's for Person of Interest or something...

Anyway, can't wait to see who the perp is. I've been trying my hand at profiling to see what I can possibly find out, but I don't know how close I got to the actual person. If you want I can send you a copy of what I got so far if you're interested.

Can't wait to finish this story and move on to it's sequel!
Gypsy136 chapter 75 . 7/26/2014
Thanks for this amazing and thrilling journey!
lemgirl1 chapter 75 . 7/9/2014
I started reading your sequel first and didn't understand what was going on, so I searched your stories and found Catalyst,
Now I have read a lot of Careese fanfiction and all I can say is OMG, is this is one of the best stories I have read and your right its a novel, I'm a slow reader so it took me awhile to read it but I loved it.
You took us on a ride with all the twists and turns.
Now I'm off the finish reading the sequel.
I hope you will continue to write more Careese stories. :)
DreadWomen chapter 75 . 6/13/2014
This was such a fascinating story. I stopped watching Law and Order years ago, but this story could pull me back. I know nothing about GI Joe, except my son was a fan as a kid. Again, your story piqued my interest in the movies currently available for streaming. Although at first I was unhappy with your portrayal of Zoe (how is she even close to Joss in skill?), not that thrilled about Paul Carter either, I got into the story and decided to go along with the shift in characters. Sticking with this was well worth it and I was rewarded with a good read. I'm already liking the sequel
Guest chapter 75 . 6/8/2014
I absolutely fell in love with this story and you as an author. You had me from the first sentence of this riveting story. You promised us a roller coaster ride and boy did you deliver! There were highs, lows and everything in between and I loved every minute of it! There were times when I wanted to turn my head or close my eyes and not read the tougher scenes, but I wasn't able to look away. That is a testament to you as a writer and your gift of writing. I have always been a hardcore Careese shipper, and it is as though losing Joss on the show has made me love them more. I am beyond grateful to you and all the other Careese writers, for allowing our ship to live on in your beautifully written stories. Thank you, from the bottom of my heart. I wish you the best on your job search, and hope you will hear good news about a new and better job soon. Take care. : )
NessaPeaches chapter 75 . 6/8/2014
Thank you soooo much for this story! It was completely perfect! I was sad to see it end but you wrote a great ending and I cannot wait to see what happens next! So happy for the sequel!
Nkhen chapter 75 . 6/8/2014
Aaaahhhhh we've reached the end.
And I adore the fact that it wasn't all - move into the new house, john move in and slide right back into her bed! There's been so much that has happened, so much to still deal with and their relationship has to evolve slowly, not just radically because of all these horrific and intense events. That's so true to how you've delivered this story, it made me blissfully happy to see that at the very end.

I saw the notifications for Redemption already: a part of me was sad that Catalyst was at an end but another part was doing a happy dance that the story continued; that there is a whole segment of healing which you'll take us through next :-D and also, that taylor and lia thread has to be expanded (is Redemption it?)

I've loved reading Catalyst, it has been my pleasure to do so. Your engagement with my commentary-reviews has only added to the experience for me. I'm thrilled no-end that these "conversations" were a beneficial/ positive aspect of the writing process for you.

Bravo again! This journey has been brilliant, can't wait to continue on with you
doggiegirl21 chapter 75 . 6/7/2014
This was a wonderful ride that you toke us on. It was fantastic to read. I really sorry for you job loss and I hope that you will be able to find a new one soon. I am also so sorry that you lost three chapters of hard work. Just this week, I was working on POI fan video and was almost finished when the file got corrupted. I had to start from scratch again. It was so hard to find the motivation to redo it all again and I was constantly comparing my new work with old and was never sure if I had done as good a job. So I feel your pain. Thank you so much for writing these amazing works. Please continue and keep up the good work.
starrhoward51 chapter 75 . 6/7/2014
AMAZING . Brava you kept me invested through out and I will re-read it I'm sure a few times. Thanks for sharing the roller coaster ride called Catalyst
Bronwynn chapter 75 . 6/7/2014
I'm at a loss now that Catalyst is at its end. It was my pleasure to read it and I thank you for introducing me to another wonderful fandom. I will gladly read anything you write regardless of the fandom and I hope you are still considering converting the Special Missions saga to original fiction. Your stories stand apart from the rest because they seem so real. The emotions are raw and there isn't a typical progression to a happy ending that so many other fanfics have. I look at it less as a 'story' and more as a saga of people I've grown to care about. Tough choices are made and not everything is neatly resolved, which makes it very real for me. I'm so sorry about your job. I know you weren't particularly appreciated there as much as you should have been and I hope this will lead you to a new position somewhere you will be appreciated and respected. I look forward to more. When you have the time, please send me the entire file for Catalyst. I've reread Special Missions several times and I know Catalyst will be no different. Thank you for sharing this wonderful saga with us.
SWWoman chapter 75 . 6/7/2014
This was one heck of a ride and I'm glad I came along for it! I'm really happy you left those interludes in as well. They really added to the over all story line.

Once again, thank you for showing the aftermath of something so horrible and letting us see Joss and John's recovery.

You left them in a good place, but I'm glad there is a follow up to this. (hustles off to go read Redemption)
taleof2 chapter 75 . 6/7/2014
Bravo great wrap up to a wonderful story! Thank you so much for sharing this elaborate tale I really enjoyed the ride.
DanAlaya chapter 75 . 6/7/2014
This has been one of the best POI I have read in such a long time. And you made it some completely and utterly interesting, multiple plots, a huge arc, so much character development that even the epiloge didnt feel like the end.

I'm sorry to hear about your work problems. I hope you find something soon.

Im off to go read the sequel now :)