Reviews for Serendipity
lh42 chapter 46 . 4/5
Amazing fanfic so far, the characters and story are very very well done. Looking forward to the next chapter!
Stardust043 chapter 46 . 3/12
Loved reading this fanfic! Update soon, I am looking forward to the battle.
onlytheparanoid chapter 44 . 2/26
THIS IS THE BEST DARKSTEELSHIPPING FANFIC I HAVE EVER READ!
Zinthia chapter 46 . 1/23
woohoo~ next time we got a op pair just ripping a restaurant apart, looking forward to that.
Anyways, your fic is amazing. i have actually read all of it, but haven't commented yet, sorry bout that.
Im actualy really happy about the characters stay in their character but not ooc, and those idea of every fic is really nice.i love how you describe the relationship of the E4s and Cynthia, it was sooo cute.
so, yeah. thats all i have to say. i will try to comment more often soon. ths for this great fic. keep up the nice work.
greetings from Hong Kong~
I have no words. This fic is beyond amazing! I struggle to find an adjective that would do it justice. It’s now among my favourites, actually. What luck, to have stumbled upon this gem! (I imagine that my feelings would mirror Steven’s when finding a rare rock!)

Your characterisations are near perfect, and your writing is superb! One could tell that you have a flair for literature. Mm, very gifted indeed! I am especially very fond of your first chapter; every element of it is simply enchanting, and I was captivated by every word written. Now, I rarely leave reviews (although, I am working on that—authors such as yourself deserve much ovation) but it would be a sin to pass this by!

Anyway, that’s enough from me. I honestly don’t think I’d be able to stop myself if I’d continued. Very much looking forward to your next instalment of Serendipity!

Oh, and greetings from Australia! xx
122 Generation chapter 46 . 1/21
I would love to have seen how the battle duo turned out! Or how dinner went, at least. Besides, I would say them battling as a team would be very OP...

1:22
RandomificationChaotic chapter 46 . 1/16
Having recently gone through the whole story, I can say I've thoroughly enjoyed my time reading through this fic. The way you build chemistry through dialogue and interaction is great, and it really helped to not rush into the romance like a lot of other shipping fics do, but to let it burn slowly and build over time. This way, the chemistry between Steven and Cynthia is set in place nicely, we can see how they continue to grow fond of each other as the events transpire around them, and allowed your descriptions and dialogue to really show off how the ways that the couple slowly fall further in love without having to dive straight into the kisses and the sappy promises to one another. I think some of the best moments of the fic are before the relationship actually starts, where it's all a bit murky and vague, but they both know something in their feelings is growing. It's very well done, and works well with your other strength of characterization. For the most part, the characters feel distinct from one another, we get a clear sense of who everyone is and what their role is within the story, without the need for excess description or backstory. This comes in most handy when dealing with the dynamic between Cynthia and Steven, as the way you've portrayed both characters allow them to play off each other well and make their relationship believable and fun to follow as the perspective jumps from one to the other. However, there are a few things that were niggling at me as I read through the whole story. The first is your tendency to tell and not show. Sometimes you'll cut away from a scene to tell us something has happened, when you could instead show us something that conveys the same sort of point. Sometimes it's inevitable, but it comes up fairly often and it seems you use it whenever you need to transition a scene quickly when you could do something that shows what's happening rather than just narrating it. The second is that, despite the unique setting and position of the two individuals, the general arcs and major beats of the romance seem to be rather generic. I think the story could benefit from exploring what it means to be champion in specifics, how Steven and Cynthia both dealt with it and have them bond over that, for example. A lot of the ideas used so far are a bit of the typical romance variety, and while the fluff is nice, I feel there's a lot of potential that hasn't been used yet because of the two specific characters. But despite my complaints, I'll still be very much looking forward to your next update and I hope this story continues; it's been great to read.
nicwilliams130 chapter 46 . 1/10
Ugh I love my CHILDREN. They’re so precious like yes cynthia kiss on your sweet man ugh. They’re so precious and tbh they’ll crush everyone as a battle duo while eating their meals without batting an eye ugh love them and love this chapter, lovely work as alwaysss
DaX0315 chapter 46 . 1/9
Another great chapter! Also, I didn't know you revised your pervious chapters!? I guess it's time to reread your amazing story again. I don't mind!

Can't wait for your next update!
Spidershadow5 chapter 46 . 1/9
Oh boy, I can't wait for the next one. Like, Cynthia's Garchomp uses earthquake and it wrecks the entire restaurant.
122 Generation chapter 45 . 1/8
Ah, it's nice to see Flint does have a heart for Cynthia, as playful as he may be. You know, I feel he is the acoustic version of what Wallace would do for Steven, if Wallace was playing the rock band. And of course, Cynthia's feelings to Steven being away is classic.

1:22
Spidershadow5 chapter 45 . 1/3
Lucian: Wait, what did I agree to?
nicwilliams130 chapter 45 . 1/3
I love the e4 interactions, especially with flint tbh. You do such a good job of writing them as really human and believable, it’s honestly wonderful. Poor cynthia missin her mannnn, anyways happy new year!
awesome chapter! Flint actually being kind of concerned was a nice addition and i can for sure relate to the whole brother/sister dynamic they have so nice job on that
DaX0315 chapter 45 . 1/3
Can't wait for the next update!