Reviews for Home for the Holidays
Neleothesze chapter 25 . 5/25
If Chuck got to write this instead of canon the books would've definitely made top 10 on the best sellers list.
Speaking of which.. have you written/published anything outside fanfiction? I'd like to read your works if you have.
Now I'm off to see the rest.. and get my happy ending (hopefully).
Minna cross chapter 22 . 1/23
I agree with you on your point of view of Dean. I wish there was more Sam and Cas centric fics.
Eva chapter 26 . 1/4
Truth be told, while I was expecting a kiss, I actually found the wings scene more touching and meaningful and just... Loving
ResidentOwl chapter 26 . 3/15/2015
Thank you! It was so cute through the whole piece with Castiel misunderstanding thing, and Sam being so sappy and awkward. Dean was kind of a dick through the whole thing, but I believe you kept him in character very well. Dean can be very supportive and protective of Sam for his physical ailments, but for any emotional issue Sam has, Dean tends to insult him, change the subject, or basically run away because he can't handle that.

I was a little wary of the Castiel/Sam pairing when I first found this fic, but the slow build and general awkwardness really sold me to their emotional connection. Too often in other fics, I find that most people take the easy way out and have the pair be friends and then suddenly lovers because of a big event.

I enjoyed the general homey feeling, and the cute little dates Sam had with Castiel when they were also hunting for the bells. Dean was also a good break from the domesticity, although it irritated me whenever he interrupted a cute Cas/Sam moment with a bigoted comment or immature action. Though, I think it was supposed to irritate the reader, it also kept the build between Cas and Sam slow and steady without anyone pushing them in a certain direction.

Overall, I give you a 9/10. I wish there was a bit more Bobby, maybe telling Dean off. I also think that the antagonistic nature of Uriel could be explored more throughout the whole fic, instead of letting him jump in at the very end. But I very much enjoyed how Sam would help Castiel with the human things, and Cas would always be there to protect and catch Sam.

I swear I had a grin stretching from ear-to-ear for at least one part of every chapter, my sister next door probably thought I was going insane with my giggles when there was an especially cute moment.

Thanks for a great story. Keep writing.

-Rezz
daily-chan chapter 26 . 9/27/2014
You are killing me...that was breath taking, beautiful and brilliant.
A kiss would have ruined the intensity of this moment, and as much as I've been dying for them to do so, you wrote it perfectly. No pointless and unbelievable romance but a long set up of two souls getting to know each other and falling into their rightful place. I love all of the stories in this universe, but this is just breathtaking. And screw Dean and his no chick-flick moments, this was perfect!
shotgunequalssammy chapter 26 . 6/23/2014
I salute you for writing this! I mean, just - wow. Sam and Cas were absolutely lovely here, not to mention Dean's role in this story, what with all the humor and jokes brought in. I've been hugging pillows and squealing while reading this, and trust me when I say this was time well-spent.
Your Sastiel stories are the best, and I thoroughly enjoy reading the Other Guardian 'verse! :)
OnlySlightlyObsessed1 chapter 1 . 1/15/2014
Hi, i read this story (and others in the other guardian verse) on my ipod which does weird stuff when I try anything fancy (like commenting). Just wanted to saw I really like your writing and you really capture that characters well. Thank you!
fluid-time chapter 26 . 1/1/2014
I read this on my phone as it was being updated, and couldn't figure out how to review, so I finally had to find it on the computer because this was fantastic!

This is the first Supernatural fanfic that I ever read and I was so spoiled! You captured the characters perfectly, and I love the Sam / Cas pairing and the way you portrayed it. I'm a little sad that there wasn't any kiss at the end, but it was so tender I couldn't help but aww. (And in any case, it means I'm definitely coming back for the next story.)

But seriously, your ability to replicate Sam and Dean is amazing. I could perfectly imagine them doing / saying exactly what you've written. It feels like an episode taken straight from the series.
Naire chapter 26 . 12/27/2013
oh god. that was the most irritating story ever! and no kiss at the end? i bloody hate you. i need to remember not toread your stories... i want my time back... at least there were some romantic scenes i liked and dean was hilarious sometimes. but i hate you anyway. im so frustraed now! and it was a long story too. did i tell you i hated you? i do.
robby1925 chapter 26 . 12/26/2013
This was so wonderful. Sam crying was heartbreaking, but Cas finally said something. I loved this whole story. I'm so looking forward to the next one. Hope your Christmas was wonderful and the new year brings you only good things.
SPN Mum chapter 26 . 12/25/2013
Awww, Cas finally realized that he needs Sam, and that Sam needs him. I love how Cas managed to manifest his wings enough to allow Sam to touch them. That has been a dream of Sam's, probably since the first time he met Cas. That was the best Christmas present Cas could have given Sam. I'm glad that Dean had his time with Sam and then left them alone. Things are going to change for them all now, but at least Sam and Cas had this time together. I hated seeing Sam brokenhearted. I loved Cas holding onto Sam with his wings as well as his hands. What a perfect end to Christmas! :) I look forward to the next installment.
TheRedDragoness chapter 26 . 12/25/2013
Curse you for writing such beautiful things.
The Slightly Demented chapter 26 . 12/25/2013
AHHHHHH That was such a beautiful ending to a great story. I cried reading about Sam crying, feeling rejected. It's too bad they didn't kiss yet though, but I do love how you choose to end it with Cas and Sam holding onto each other. I'm glad Dean is also a bit better about the relationship between the two. I love the way you developed their relationship slowly though a series of events, how gradual everything is, how it builds up to a point. I cannot wait until your next story about these two. Keep up the good work and Merry Christmas!
robby1925 chapter 25 . 12/24/2013
Uriel is such a dick. What a great, sad, chapter. I can't believe it's almost over. I'm so spoiled with a chapter a day. I'm going to miss this so much. I hope you have a wonderful Christmas and I look forward to the next chapter while dreading it at the same time.
SPN Mum chapter 25 . 12/24/2013
Man! Uriel convinced Sam that he had to sacrifice himself to save the world. He told Sam that Cas couldn't win against Archosias, that Sam would have to die if he wanted Dean and Cas to live. Even Cas wasn't sure he could win for a moment, and all because Uriel tried to poison his mind with failure. I'm glad Cas didn't doubt himself for very long, that he tried to save Sam anyway. Uriel was wrong and I hope that Cas realizes that Uriel wanted Sam to die. Have I said that I hate Uriel? lol