Reviews for Bartered
MysterySan chapter 9 . 11/25
Yes, the end was bittersweet. I wish she had taken Alice and her little brother along with it can't be helped now. Anyways, I enjoyed reading this story. At first when I started reading it I thought you made some spelling mistakes but then it struck me that you were writing in the southern dialect. It was really interesting for me as I wasn't familiar with it but thanks to you, now I know about it.
cullensrule chapter 9 . 7/10
Loved it. I so wanted Alice to join her in leaving the farm.
dianscot chapter 1 . 4/15
Amazing!
Cockerspanmom chapter 1 . 12/17/2014
Eddie is a sly one. I think.
bonadea777 chapter 9 . 11/29/2014
Well, the ending is unexcpected but I still enjoyed the story and the language.
meelee72 chapter 9 . 10/27/2014
Aww, I really liked it a lot, but i'm sad fer Alice & Lil 'Un...
But, yay for Bella. :)
meelee72 chapter 6 . 10/27/2014
Damn, them beatings are harsh.
Dammit.
meelee72 chapter 4 . 10/27/2014
"Lord, this is sin."

"You can repent later."

Ahh, lolololololol.
That was outstanding. :)!
meelee72 chapter 2 . 10/27/2014
This just has me in giggles..
I love reading in the accents spoken, like I did w/ DirtySouthDrugWars, & some of ur others.- I just really love it.

Sorry for blowing up ur inbox if u ever chk it- i've discovered u recently & adore ur work!

I recokn Bella ain't got no need 'tall to be ashamed, fer there must be sum good 'slainin bout ol college educated Eddie. She'll make a right fine wife fer 'im, iffin' he's in the market, which i 'spect he is.

;)
ChristyWIX chapter 9 . 8/25/2014
Huh, I hadn't realized that when Alice stayed back, when Edward came to get her that, that meant she was choosing her parents over Bella. If I would've understood that better, I wouldn't have been saying she needs to get Alice. Nope, she chose to stay . . . she can stay and deal with the consequences. I'm glad that her and Eddie found their happiness and that Bella is okay with all of it. I enjoyed this.
ChristyWIX chapter 8 . 8/25/2014
Good, she's healed. She finally said yes to him! Now, maybe Emmett can buy the land her family owns and work it himself. Her parents can take the money and go. Alice can stay though. I hope so.
ChristyWIX chapter 7 . 8/25/2014
Her mother is deathly ill, clearly, if she's coughing up blood in that day an age. She needs to go with Eddie and get herself healed. Then she needs to come back for the siblings. She's worthless right now. Her father may try and shoot the 'ranch hand' daughter of his . . . but, he won't as he needs her for the fields. I'm suddenly so happy this is such a short story . . . I don't think I could've read this as a full length story . . . I'm too wimpy for it. Goodness.
ChristyWIX chapter 6 . 8/25/2014
So, basically, his girls can never leave home as they aren't his daughters, they are ranch hands. Wow, what a dick. I really hope that Edward comes by quickly . . . I hope that Alice or her mom steps up. He has just beaten his daughter so badly that she has gone unconscious. I am sickened by this chapter. Not you, the chapter.
ChristyWIX chapter 5 . 8/25/2014
There is so much more to this . . . I just know there is. Perhaps, they are related? I just don't believe that they are engaged. Otherwise, why would he even as her Pa to court her. The whole town would hear about that, and when this woman shows up, words would be said. His reputation tarnished. Yes, there just has to be some sort of explanation.
ChristyWIX chapter 4 . 8/25/2014
Oh goodness . . . she's gone too far to turn back now . . . she loves him and she's given herself to him. What will happen when she finally gets the nerve to ask him about the rumor. Yikes. And, I imagine that having sex back then, most definitely leads to pregnancy. Double YIKES!