Reviews for Breaking Free
Lokiismylife chapter 4 . 6/5
I think this is really well written and interesting... but it would be nicer with a few more chapters. Still, good job and I'll favorite and follow it so I can get updates!
Euryphae chapter 4 . 5/28
I truly hope you will resume posting chapters on this fantastic story! Thank you!
moonprincess97524 chapter 4 . 4/20
This is a wonderful wonderful story so far. My question is did those that betrayed Harry do it because they were under mind control from Dumbles or of their own free will? I am eagerly waiting the next installment to this wonderful story.
Lovina Rossi-Vargas chapter 1 . 4/11
Er, I didn't know it deleted enters. So, sorry.
Lovina Rossi-Vargas chapter 4 . 4/11
...Yes. That sums up my feelings of Grim in this. Shadow's dad. Well, all of Omega (minus the dumb-as-troll (book-smarts aside) Hermione, Ron, and Ginny), really. With current relationships, Bruce is the long-lost cousin they'd recently connected with, and Sev(what would his codename be? Poison? Dracula? Or, with more subtlety: Garcia or Garbo. Juan Pujol Garcia, was the only person in history to receive the highest civil military awards from both the Nazis and British. If you care about the exact reason for it, and do not feel like google'ing the man, I will be making this obscenely long, then putting an explanation/excerpts from where I got the info there.)

Pieces from , an excerpt of 10-brilliant-double-agent-spies-history .php

Tried to become a spy for the Allies but "Spain, his home country had decided to stay impartial in the war." so, "He contacted MI5 and US intelligence. Both declined him. They thought that a person, who cannot even farm chickens, could never be trusted with military secrets during a World War. They could not have been more wrong!"
So he went to the Germans: "Undeterred with the rejection, Garcia turned to the Germans and made them believe that he was a true sympathizer of the fascist government. The Germans then assigned him to London. Garcia did not have the resources to go London… he did not even speak English. So what did he do? He went to Lisbon, Portugal.
Garcia collected postcards of Big Ben and other monuments of London, and sent them to Germany. He started sending made up spying reports with a little help from radio news and newspapers. Of course, he also complained about London’s weather where he totally was. He was so convincing the Germany kept buying the stories.
Garcia studied a lot about the country where he had never been, whose language he did not speak, and yet he was supposedly spying in, sending information to the one of the greatest fascist dictators of all time. He continuously listened to the news, read maps, read travelogues and newspapers and anything he could get his hands on which described London.
He started with simpler things, such as reporting movements of troops. After gaining confidence, he took the game to a whole new level. He invented a spy ring! His network of spies included a British censor in the Ministry of Information, a Cabinet office clerk, an American soldier in Britain, a Dutch airline stewardess, a Welshman sympathetic to fascism, and there were twenty-two more like these… all fake!
Nonetheless, he did start to receive payments for all of the spies working under him."
Dude had talent. While Snape wasn't canonically meaning to become a spy, and didn't pretend to be spying on the Light, nor did he, as far as we know, spy for Voldemort, he did become apart of the Dark side. And later completely fooled Voldie.
"Garcia was becoming immensely popular among Abwehr, so a British mole in the German secret service informed MI5 about this network of spies. The UK authorities nearly lost their minds. A ring of spies, working in the heart of England, and they knew nothing about them, nothing at all! This was the time when Garcia approached MI5 again. He told them everything. With astonished, amused and impressed eyes, the British hired him."

Dumbles hired/manipulated him, made him spy for him and be his double agent.

"By June 1944, Garcia had become the one of the greatest German assets in the UK, or at least they thought so. It was Garcia who saved thousands of soldiers who landed on D-Day. Garcia sent detailed telegrams to Hitler himself that Normandy invasion was just a deception and the reserve German panzer divisions must remain in Belgium. Those German tanks were already on the road to reach Normandy when orders came that they must stay where they are."

Something similar may have happened with Snape with the Death Eaters.

"Now you would think that such telegrams must have revealed his identity, and the Germans must have hunted down and executed him. Dead wrong! They awarded him with the Iron Cross for his valiant services to the Third Reich. This happened in July 1944, just a month after D-Day. Garcia managed to fool the Germans thanks to the deceptive measures taken by the Allied Forces. What happened was that British army and US had deployed 11 Divisions, 150,000 men with tanks, air force and all the paraphernalia on the south of England. Actually, there were not 11 divisions, there were barely 7 divisions… and many of those tanks were blow-up balloons. Yes, balloons! It was a bluff. Garcia reported that these special divisions would launch the decisive strike, and since the divisions did not move, to not move as well. So Hitler remained at his positions and D-Day became a huge success."

Dude, how he managed, in the books, to retain his life, and, during Meeting at Malfoy Manor(Chapter 1 of Deathly Hallows), becomes his right-hand man(seating arrangements).

"In November 1944, about three months after the war, he received the Order of the British Empire from the Queen. To this day, he is the only person to have lied so much, right into Hitler’s face and lived to tell the tale. He is also the only person in history to have received the highest civil military awards from both Germany and Britain."

Cannonically, Harry probably got him a post-death Order of Merlin.

In 1945, he staged his death, went to Venezuela and opened a bookshop. He lived a low-profile life for another forty years. In 1984, on the 40 years celebration of D-Day, some veterans gathered on Omaha beach and there he was spotted. A soldier grabbed him by his hand and introduced to the crowd “the man who saved our lives.”

After his contract is up, he'll probably move out of Britain.
countrylovinfangirl chapter 4 . 3/29
Amazing! Loved it! Please continue soon!
SoulMore chapter 4 . 3/18
FAN!
Kimmiekitten75 chapter 4 . 12/9/2014
Please please don't stop working on this story. I really want to know how it ends! So more please! :-) :-) :-) :-)
Kai19 chapter 4 . 10/4/2014
Hope there will be more soon, this is a great story so far!
evenstarlily chapter 4 . 8/21/2014
PLEEEEAAASEE UpdaAAAAATEEEE SOOOON!
InterdimensionalHitchhiker84 chapter 4 . 7/19/2014
Wow. This is amazing. I definitely want to see more!
SheSaidRun chapter 4 . 6/5/2014
I see what you did there with Fred and George's code names. Chip and Dale. I got a little chuckle out of that one.
DaughterofDante chapter 4 . 5/21/2014
Awww!
Robyn Lee Swan chapter 4 . 5/18/2014
Oh I hope that you're still writing this, because I thought it was fabulous! I love how, while long, the prologue was set up. With the newspaper articles, and you had a clear time line. And the thought of Sev and Siri getting along... I giggled too hard over that part. lol

Thank you, for posting this, and I hope that you continue with it, because like I said, it's great!

Robyn