Reviews for In Between the Shadows
sci fi sammy chapter 32 . 1h
Well this was a roller-coaster of a chapter, love the twist adding Jenny giving the letter, genius! :) As always brilliant chapter and I can not wait for the next one. :)
jackjenfan chapter 32 . 4h
I wonder if Marain is Mariaka
In the letter she said lm so lost and so is Marain she also said sweetJenny
Madam only likes Jenny,she also hates Ailyia
toavoidconversation chapter 32 . 11h
it's ya bday so lets give this live review shindig another go. (even though I'm really bad, I get caught up in the story and forget I need to review too)

DALIYA BABY CUTENESS I JUST CANNOT. I actually don't think I'll be able to say anything else about this chapter cos the fluff is too much and I'm not ready to have my heart broken.

I love having Vastra around. She really rounds the Doctor off. Fabulous lady.

Hart/Aliya is my fave. They're just so great when they're in the same room.

My god having two Jenny's is hard work. That said, who better to protect Aliya and Baby?

This bit where the baby turns out to be Flesh AGAIN always gets me, and you captured the Doctor's turmoil very very nicely there.

I'm curious as to why this happened... "Surprisingly, her sobs had come to an end the moment she saw him." As in... the significance of you adding it in. or maybe I'm paranoid and seeing foreshadowing everywhere. WHICH WOULD BE YOUR FAULT. Maybe he's just that comforting to her. Who knows? Other than you.

Orrrrrrr...maybe she's angry with him. As she shows a few lines later XD

OH MY GOD WHAT IS HAPPENING THERE IS A LETTER.

Trust Hart to break the tension though. Love.

AHAHA GINGER. My life has been waiting for this line.

It's still so sad that they won't know their little girl as she grows up. At least when Amy lost River, she still sort of got to see her grow up (even if she was growing up with her too).

Allllll the angst. Jeez.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY YOU COMPLETE DESK xx
skidney chapter 32 . 13h
Great chapter! Also Happy Birthday!
toavoidconversation chapter 31 . 7/3
IM SO MAD COS MY WEBPAGE DELETED MY REVIEW AS I WAS WRITING IT. Rude. Let's try again.

Okay so. First section. I think the Doctors reaction to the whole situation is perfect. Bewildered, scared, determined. On point.

Aliya's childbirth scene, as I said before was very tastefully done. You captured her pain, and disgust at the same time, as she sort of defaults back to that mindset that she tries so hard to suppress, her superiority and basically the wrongness of what she's being put through. And I like that this continues throughout - "I'm not a dog." Looool.

I think the way you wrote the Doctor rounding up the troops was great - not too repetitive even though essentially he had to tell the same story all those times over. However, I felt Aliya's assessment of her situation seemed a bit rushed in that first paragraph "Since waking up a week previously..." its almost as though you had all these questions and you needed to get the answers out there as fast as possible, like thisisthebase thisisthetimeframe thisiswhytheDoctorcantfindher thisiseveilbitchwoman okaydonebacktothestory. Haha. I don't think it was intentional but that's how I read it.

I like how you got Lorna into it in your way, though :) hopefully that means we'll be able to have a good scene with her in later?

ME WANNA SEE DOCTOR BABY SCENES PLS.
Mrs. 11th chapter 31 . 7/1
I AM SCREAMING WOW

this is so epic and awesome and fantastic, and Aliya in the place of Amy is really interesting to read

also I LOVE HART SO MUCH OH MY GOD he's so sassy you write him so well

and MARION [massive heart eyes] love of my life, my ray of moonlight, so glad we got to see her for a bit
thewholocklover chapter 31 . 7/1
HOLY TARDIS ON GALLIFREY, I BET MARION IS MARIAKANEROLUNAR.. That's why Jenny is so close to her because Marion wants to be close to her sister.
But awwww that bit with Mariakanerolunar was adorable 3
'My friends... and Strax' That was hilarious and definitely something that could happen ;')
So I think Time Child in the language of the Gamma forest is Marion.
And Marion is Mariakanerolunar because the Mari bit is the same... That's just my theory though, I could be wrong.
I can't wait for the next chapter! I really love what you did with this episode, how you wrote it your way.
You're an amazing writer! Have a wonderful day :)
TheTrickster96 chapter 31 . 7/1
This is incredible! This series is just amazing and I'm loving every chapter! I couldn't agree more about Eleven and babies, Stormy is evidence enough! Would be really funny if Mariaka and Stormy actually meet, daughter of the Oncoming Storm and the Dark Lord of All? Yeah!
Mrs. 11th chapter 30 . 7/1
I'M SCREAMING OH MY GOD THIS IS HAPPENING THIS IS ACTUALLY LITERALLY HAPPENING

wOW Aliya with the ganger!Doctor was fab, and the ending! omg Aliya's panic and the Doctor trying to assure her that she'd be fine, i'm just :') i love them so much and i am also scREAMING
CaylithTheGolden chapter 31 . 6/30
Awesome chapter! Little Mariaka is adorable. I'm glad to know that Aliya's being rescued, but also more than somewhat apprehensive about what happens next.
Can't wait for the next chapter!
CaylithTheGolden chapter 30 . 6/30
Yes yes yes yes yes yes yes! I had an inkling. Yay! Dailya baby ADORABLENESS screeching incoherently.
Yay!
I hope it's a boy really, because almost all the stories of the doctor has only girls and I would love to see a mini doctor!
Ong omg, incredible!
jackjen fan chapter 30 . 6/28
Thank you again! I'm handycapped,can't walk.I. love your story its fantastic!
Jen to the rescue? Please pretty please
SasuTenLuvr chapter 30 . 6/28
It made me happy that Aliya wanted both Doctors with her. After all they both love her, and her rejecting ganger!11 would probably break his heart(s). Besides, as OHSHC said: having twin lovers is every woman's fantasy...
Alright, baby time. Let's go for it. It's almost a shame that we don't have Rory to deliver his badass "where is my wife" speech. But I'm still interested to see what you plan on writing.
After some thought(embarrassingly), I remembered baby Daliya must be a girl because she's the little astronaut. It's been a while since the Silence chapters, so I nearly forgot...