Reviews for In Between the Shadows
OptimisticLady chapter 8 . 13h ago
LIVE REVIEW:

Ahhh I love it when The Doctor teachers something Aliya brand new and then she floors him at it; it's a good check of the ego for him, methinks.

Congrats on your choice of wording Doctor - he seems to forget Jack finds the innuendo in a very large majority of things, haha.

Ooooohhhh things heating up in the comments between Aliya and Rex.

But damn no you can't give me feels, like, one line later with the whole thing about the Doctor finding it weird she's arguing with someone else just NOPE.

This is reminding me of an episode of Hannibal now.

OKAY NO THAT IS NOT FAIR DON'T GIVE ME MORE FEELINGS ABOUT THESE TWO IN REGARDS TO BEFORE IT TURNED TO DUST THAT IS NOT OKAY GOD DAMN IT AIMEE WHY DO YOU DO THESE THINGS TO US I KNOW THIS CHAPTER HAD A WARNING BU L. I think you need to put an angst warning right at the top of your profile god damn it.

Like no don't bring Heta into either just nope. Too many feels I can't.

Woah damn, she's throwing his techniques back in his face omg why do these two argue so much and then are really bitter.

WAIT A SECOND YOU KNOW WHAT I SAID ABOUT THIS FEELING LIKE AN EPISODE OF HANNIBAL. THERAPIST. DON'T TELL ME SHE'S BEEN DOING THIS TO PEOPLE. But at least if she were, at least she's not eating them for dinner.

Oh phew - she's one of the good guys. Thank god for that.

Yep they definitely need some counselling. You could actually do a spin off series of one-shots of the Doctor and Aliya in couples counselling though haha.

Awww she's gonna help them out now. That's simply fabulous.

Yep, I liked this chapter a lot, it gave me feels and gosh diddily dang it, you are a terrific writer mmkay. I really like this adventure because of the fact it's really Torchwood-y and my love for Torchwood knows no bounds anyway. PLS UPDATE SOON I WANT MORE FEELS.
skidney chapter 7 . 3/24
Awesome chapter!
OptimisticLady chapter 7 . 3/24
OH MY GOD EVERYTHING ABOUT THIS CHAPTER WAS PERFECT

I just loved all the bickering in regards to Jase, and the meeting with Vastra was just perfect. I loved the whole sitting down with a cup of tea thing and just - JENNY. My bby Jenny.

Gah!

So much perfection I cannot even use words. Love it. Keep it up!
MacaqueAttack713 chapter 7 . 3/22
I absolutely love Vastra and Jenny! I hope you plan on adding Strax to the mix! He's just hilarious! Great chapter and I can't wait for the next one!

Also, I forgot to mention last time, but the Monopoly scene was amazing. And of course the Doctor would be the hat! XD
Arrowhead1996 chapter 7 . 3/22
I loved that! I just met them in season six, so this was good timing for me. Great job! I look forward to the next one!
Mrs. 11th chapter 7 . 3/22
My bbys Jenny and Vastra! I love them so much.

WhaT DO YOU MEAN "CRUCIAL MARK"?!
Myseybee chapter 7 . 3/22
YES YES YES THIS WAS ADORABLE AND I'M SO HAPPY YOU COVERED JENNY AND VASTRA! Please write more adventures of those two, you've got their personalities spot on! :D
ZackAttack96 chapter 7 . 3/22
Loved this so much! The whole thing just oozed happiness and upbeat from start to finish. You wrote the characters very well indeed. If I were really nit-picking, you could have perhaps made Jase more Texan, but it wasn't a big thing.

Looking forward to the next chapter. Keep up the good work!
Myseybee chapter 6 . 3/13
MARION'S MIDDLE NAME AAAAYYYYY

What can I say? Lovely chapter as always. I loved the monopoly game and little Vincent's reaction to the crayons, and I'm glad Jenny's back for a few scenes!

YOU KNOW WHAT THIS MEANS? I'M UP TO DAAAAATEEEEE WOOOOOO
Myseybee chapter 5 . 3/13
A running commentary of my thoughts in this chapter:

I half wanted the doctor to explain the human reproductive cycle just so I could laugh at Aliya :P

I also do the words on the scale of one to ten thing! Finally, someone else. Everyone thinks I'm mad.

That's two times in two days I've seen the word "Venusian". Do you have the same maths book as me?

I love Ardi! You'd better not kill her. Don't do that to me!

And WOW THAT SLIP OF RIVER'S NAME KILLED ME

OH MY GOD I TOTALLY CALLED THEM BEING EGGS

If I didn't know better I'd accuse you of being about to drown Aliya. (Don't you dare!)

YOU KILLED TRELIN!?

(Until the next chapter, mon amie :) )
Myseybee chapter 4 . 3/13
All of this was great! I can't easily put it into words, but I love Aliya just as much as my favourite canon charries and her friendship with the Doctor is brilliant! (If not slightly volatile :P)
Myseybee chapter 3 . 3/13
Something tells me I'll be up to date on this fic by about lunchtime. It's so good!
Myseybee chapter 2 . 3/12
Awesome! I love how you've done those holograms (I bow to your literary prowess) and the Internet banter :D
Myseybee chapter 1 . 3/12
Ooh good so far!
ZackAttack96 chapter 6 . 3/3
Loved it! Much as the Doctor hates domestic, he does tend to do it very well. It would have been nice if Jenny could have hung around, but I'm sure you have your reasons.

I can't wait to see what happens next! Keep up the good work.