Reviews for Long Way to Christmas
DataByteDL-FangirlinGranma chapter 30 . 22h
Well that blown-up pic of Aunt Sue and Uncle Charlie totally did me in and I was a sobbing mess! *sniffles* Everything about this wedding and reception was perfection for them and their relationship. Plus the “toast-nod” from Original Twilight was the icing on the cake. Oh wait...Alice did the icing on the cake. Well you know what I meant. *Giggles*
I loved every word of this story, and I’m totally honored that you invited me to read it. If you hadn’t I would’ve missed out on a superior ride. You’re a magnificent writer and I do hope you continue the beautiful love story of ChocolateWard and DocElla. I mean we have to know how their honeymoon goes, if he wins the contest, if she has “triplets” and most important...who caught that wedding bouquet? Katy? Hehehe!
Many thanks to Fran for encouraging and assisting you. I can’t tell you how this lifted my spirits. I was very blessed to have read it. Thank you, my MzPeaches! Love you tons! Squishes you with my {GIANT GRANMA HUGS AND SMOOCHES}!
DataByteDL-FangirlinGranma chapter 29 . 23h
I loved their Bible-based vows that also were a take of original vows. I couldn’t agree more about what you said about it being a covenant and making actual promises to each other instead of what they call “vows” nowadays. It’s a pet peeve of mine. When peeps ask me what’s the secret of being married 39 plus years I say, “God in our lives and living out the vows we made to each all those years ago!” We added a couple on our wedding night. I was so proud of my daughter and SIL when they got married and chose traditional vows. More and more are going back to them or combining now, which is nice.
My point is those were some of the loviest vows I’ve read to date! Just beautiful and I read thru tears of course! The church sounded like it was set up exactly as she wanted. Just perfect.
Ok I’m ready to read the Epi...no I’m not...*deep breath*...now I am! Love you, my Mary! {GIANT GRANMA HUGS AND SMOOCHES!}
DataByteDL-FangirlinGranma chapter 28 . 23h
Another perfect chapter where we see her being weaved into this great family. She went from all alone to all encompassed by love!
Preparation was perfect and her hair sounds so pretty. Ok. I’m ready for the next chapter which I’m guessing is the wedding.
Only two chaps left. Love you! {GIANT GRANMA HUGS AND SMOOCHES!}
DataByteDL-FangirlinGranma chapter 27 . 23h
I loved their gifts to each other. He can totally do that contest now. It’s a perfect theme for him. Plus he has Bella’s Princess Crowns all ready to go. He has a love story to tell. *Sighs* The saying “deeps calls to deep” were you referring to the Bible verse in Psalms or a worship song? I love that term and it can be interpreted so many different ways. Yours was just spot on for these two. Kudos.
Can’t wait for “tomorrow”.
Hubby and I followed THAT tradition and didn’t see each other past midnight until the church. But we did NOT follow a lot of other traditions. *Giggles* So they are doing great and I think we can cut them some slack on this one. *winks*
Love you, my MzPeaches! {GIANT GRANMA HUGS AND SMOOCHES!}
DataByteDL-FangirlinGranma chapter 26 . 7/15
See brains AND beauty...she knew from the beginning. LOL! I want to say to Renee...SUCK IT! I wish she were alive just so she could see the amazing man she is going to marry. Not for sentimental reasons but to teach her that her daughter is more than just what shows up on the outside! People can be so shallow, and wind up missing the most beautiful peeps time and time again. And the opposite totally applies as well.
Can’t wait for an awesome dream wedding where the bride will enjoy her day completely stress free because of an amazing fiancé and family.
DataByteDL-FangirlinGranma chapter 25 . 7/14
For me it’s “Christmas in July”! I’m actually watching Christmas in July movies on the Hallmark channel as I read this. LOL!
They are very sneaky indeed. But I’m thrilled that it will be wedding bells jingling with jingle bells afterall! Plus she gets the wedding of her dreams cause she’s actually answering all their questions...well except the most important one that ChocolateWard is yet to ask. *Sighs*
I was surprised she didn’t want Alice and Rose as bridesmaids but I understood that she wants lots of family out there. I’m so happy for them. I can’t wait to see if she says yes.
Plus I gathered she enjoyed the...*ahem*...”cuddle” time with their clothes on that led to some very pleasant “feelings”. *Giggles*
DataByteDL-FangirlinGranma chapter 24 . 7/14
I love that they decorated the house like that. So I guess the cat’s outta the bag and she finally knows that he knows where she lives.
I personally love that he’s such a gentleman and wants to wait till marriage. I just hope that’s something he mentions to her. They still have some communication issues. But really when it comes to having a relationship, they’re both virgins. *Giggles*
A lovely chapter, as usual. Love you! {GIANT GRANMA HUGS AND SMOOCHES!}
DataByteDL-FangirlinGranma chapter 23 . 7/14
Well I loved everything about the Gala from the three fairy godmothers to perfect dance. Now what is ChocolateWard planning for Christmas? Could Wedding bells be jingling alongside jingle bells? Can’t wait to find out.
DataByteDL-FangirlinGranma chapter 22 . 7/14
Wowsa! Best first kiss award goes to these two. Phew! Beautiful, perfect reunion. I loved every minute of this. I’m right there too on “cloud eleventeen” (too cute).
DataByteDL-FangirlinGranma chapter 21 . 7/14
How am I feeling? Entirely and completely sniffly. I mean a big slobbering mess...but happy tears. Crazy, happy tears! She’s got a home, a family, a real Mom and Dad...and a man who adores her. I’m thrilled for her. But I’m also thrilled for them cause Bella’s amazing and she completes their family, and Edward deserves a woman who truly loves him.
Let’s go dancing! Yay! Love you! {GIANT GRANMA HUGS AND SMOOCHES!}
DataByteDL-FangirlinGranma chapter 20 . 7/14
*Sighs and swoons* Yay for ChocolateWard on the woo-win for sure! She’s coming home to go to the Gala, but more important she’s coming home to her man! *More sighs*
I loved the special personalized chocolates he made for her. He a chocolate genius to make them based on her life, personality and her scent that haunts his thoughts. He really is beyond swoon-worthy.
I ADORE THIS STORY! Love you, my MzPeaches! {GIANT GRANMA HUGS AND SMOOCHES!}
DataByteDL-FangirlinGranma chapter 19 . 7/14
Oh I forgot about the gala. She probably won’t feel like she deserves it now that she’s lost a patient. But I do hope he can convince her to attend. It’s a great honor of all that she’s accomplished.
ChocolateWard did great. On his first very beautiful woo he already earned a call. *Sighs*
DataByteDL-FangirlinGranma chapter 18 . 7/14
You know it’s so wild cause after I pressed post last chapter all of a sudden I remembered she got a call and I thought, “oh no that patient died and she’s freaking out”. But I forgot about her friend Katy. So glad she’s with them, but she needs to be with her real family and Edward.
I can’t imagine what the “grand gesture” will be, but I’m excited to find out. So relieved Katy called.
DataByteDL-FangirlinGranma chapter 17 . 7/14
She’d better be on a plane heading back home to him. Please! My heart is beating so fast.
I loved all their “x’s” (kisses) in their texts. And also how she called him “handsome”. *Sighs*
Ok too scared to press “next” but I will anyway. Putting on my big girl’s “Depends”.
DataByteDL-FangirlinGranma chapter 16 . 7/14
Oh no, she’s going to have to leave! Just when he was bearing his soul. It was her turn next. *Sighs*
Another beautifully written chapter. The family’s playfulness at the beginning and then they finally got their talk time. Just seamlessly done.
Love you, my MzPeaches! {GIANT GRANMA HUGS AND SMOOCHES!}