Reviews for Thor: The King of Nothing
Guest chapter 1 . 11/6/2014
Just for your blurb, you've spelt out 'Odinheim', I think you meant 'Jötunheim', home of the Frost Giants, Jötun (plural) and Jötnar (singular).
Not sure if you've repeated the mistake anywhere else, but you might want to check.
musicalgirl4474 chapter 26 . 8/27/2014
I'm not going to answer the questions . . . because honestly, I have no idea. But the story is great, and I go now to read the sequel.
Daughter-of-dreams chapter 25 . 5/6/2014
(Continuation of previous review that posted itself without me being finished)

And a reminder of Loki for Thor to keep so that he will never forget his brother. Also suggests that Thor will need to protect himself soon. Possibly suggesting that he will be backnto get it, or that he will not be back to get it and he wants someone to look after it because it is very percious. Also may help Thor later (spell, cool properties, Loki's soul...)

3) Loki not teling: to protect them. Because he is stubborn. Because they will try to stop him. Because enemies might find out his plan. So not upset them. To make a clean break ( he thinks that if he just suddenly leaves it will be easier for them to get over him). Because he has no time to tell them. Because if he tells them it will ruin his plans ( possibly the plan depends on them not knowing, possibly they would not agree with the plan and muck it all up).

Please tell me the answers. Now, onwards towards the sequel!
Daughter-of-dreams chapter 26 . 5/6/2014
1) Rubik cube: reference to fanfic 'Poetic justice' . Also is a reminder of better times (with the gift giving tradition). Jane's way of saying thank you to Loki without actually saying the words as Loki got annoyed last time. Also he completion of the cube is when Loki makes up his mind: everythig fits into place in his mind as everything fits into place on the cube.

2) Saphire dagger: blue colour of Thor's eyes, and lightning and the colour of Loki's natural skin. Shows how even though they are so different there is one colour they can agree one not actually so different brotherly bond. Also again a reminder of better times when they wre close.
Mandy0909 chapter 26 . 4/7/2014
OMG. This. was. amazing. I really enjoyed this! Those feels... xD
Loki son of Laufey chapter 19 . 4/5/2014
Awesome work, keep it up.
Even though I am late to review.
Saramagician chapter 26 . 3/28/2014
Wow! It was very significant! I'm impressed!
Geek-Fest chapter 18 . 2/13/2014
This is a very good story. It earns this review, a favorite, and my time in reading it.
Sailor Pandabear chapter 26 . 1/24/2014
nice
Eisasmom chapter 26 . 1/22/2014
1 outward proof that Loki had solved the "puzzle"
2 the dagger is what is left of Loki's soul
3 he didn't want them to try to help, "it's a Jotun thing"

Really enjoyed your story. I appreciated that Loki wasn't completely nice but was trying. Redemption takes time. Can't wait for the sequel.
Beautiful Evil chapter 26 . 1/20/2014
This was a fantastic story!
HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEY chapter 26 . 1/18/2014
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH this was amazing! Omg im so glad you're doing a sequel :D
PeaceHeather chapter 26 . 1/17/2014
This was labeled an epilogue. I was expecting an actual epilogue to the story, not an extended author's note (which are actually listed as against FFnet's posting policies, btw). Plus your story is clearly not over; nothing is resolved, this is all just setup for the next part. You could keep going rather than label the next section as if it were a separate fic.

Still not completely sure what any of this was really about, hopefully the next section - I mean fic - will make sense of things. To many loose ends for this to be listed as complete.
theFGnat chapter 26 . 1/17/2014
1)Hmmm, for me the rubik cube is not only a token of freindship from Jane and an homage to the old "gift tradition" between Thor and Loki, but also a representation of Loki's search for identity, for whom he truly is and his destiny if you will: it is when he has completed the cube that he makes up his mind about what to do with the whole vael situation...

2) I guess the dagger is a symbol for brotherly love and better (and simpler) times for the both of them. The saphire could represent not only Thor's eye colour but also the colour of the sky and lightning considering these are Thor's elements so to speak). Perhaps Loki has put some kind of enchantment on the dagger that is going to help Thor in any way, or that ties him down to earth -a back up plan in case the curse works- to help "from the sidelines".

3) To protect them and/or because it would somehow hinder his plan (because Loki wouldn't be Loki he didn't have a plan of some kind)

Cheers! Can't wait for the sequel!
Adamzgal chapter 26 . 1/16/2014
Can't wait for the next story!

Question 1:
The puzzle was a peace-offering linking their two worlds together. Jane saw that it exemplified Loki himself-mystery and many ways to try to solve but only one way to complete.

Question 2:
The dagger represented Thor (and his blue eyes), and was given so Loki would always have something of Thor when he carried it. By returning it to Thor, Loki was reminding him that it symbolized their love as brothers and maybe, just MAYBE, he was able to enchant a piece of himself into it so that he can be saved later-thereby entrusting his brother to protect that essence.

Question 3:
I think it's a two-fold reason. First out of love and protection for his family, second was was in case whatever plan he had could not be revealed to the Vael-either by magic or telepathy (not sure what word to use there lol).