Reviews for Of Ballet and New Worlds
Mikoto Bloom chapter 3 . 1/11/2014
Oh Please update this soon! I really like it.
twistedpencil chapter 1 . 1/4/2014
I like it keep going! :)
Guest chapter 3 . 12/14/2013
Your doing a great job. Keep up the good work! Hope to see more soon!
Applejack456 chapter 3 . 12/15/2013
Cliffee! It's really good! I enjoyed how you gave a lot of descriptions. Update soon!

:) AJ456
AriellaSerenity chapter 3 . 12/14/2013
Oh this is do good! Her reaction is spot on! Lol please update soon!
Borys68 chapter 3 . 12/14/2013
I know that young gymnasts should not menstruate. If their bodies are still capable of ovulation this is a pointer that their training load should be increased. That's what a coach told me. I'd ban this sport if I could.
I did not know that ballet dancers are treated with same cruelty, although this does not particularly surprise me.

Borys
superwholockblogger chapter 2 . 12/11/2013
well one: you never pm-ed me back and two THIS IS SO SUPERMEGAFOXYAWESOMEHOT
Applejack456 chapter 2 . 12/6/2013
Awesome!

FYI, Thranduil's name is spelled with a "u".

I want that medicine for my feet. . .

Update soon! I how your writing is original. It's hard to cme by writing like this. I know I'm guilty of cliches myself, so all the more reason for me to congratulate you!

:) AJ456
Borys68 chapter 2 . 12/6/2013
Thumbs up for perserverance.
By medieval standards - if she has a short skirt and the rest of her legs is covered by tights - she looks like a prostitute. At best a street performer, which is not much better on the respectability scale.
Borys
bless-ya-soul chapter 2 . 12/5/2013
Write more! I like it, as an aspiring ballerina myself.. :P
Applejack456 chapter 1 . 12/2/2013
Good start! I can't wait to see where this goes.
Sacagewea chapter 1 . 12/3/2013
I like this. It's very original. Please update soon
Certh chapter 1 . 12/2/2013
Nice beginning! Good description, creating vivid scenes. Charlotte's love for ballet certainly shows through.

I must say the means of Charlotte's 'transportation' to Middle-earth is rather original, not one that's overly used. Having an accident/dying/stepping through the wardrobe and falling into Middle-earth does tend to become boring after a while; simply walking into Tolkien's universe, without any dramatic prelude is refreshing.

Plus, the fact that the original female character isn't a teenager is another very refreshing aspect of the story. Not to mention the fact that you don't tell us exactly where or during what time in M-e history she has landed in. All that makes the fanfic more interesting.

Just one tiny detail: given that - to the people of Middle-earth - Charlotte's a strange person, dressed in clothes unfamiliar to them and with strange belongings, speaking a foreign language, I think it would be more natural if Legolas's first reaction was 'Who is she? Where does she come from?' instead of 'Why is she here?'

Also, to make things more realistic, it would be good to keep in mind that English and the Common Tongue/Westron spoken in Middle-earth aren't one and the same. English, to Middle-earthians, would be like a string of incomprehensible words - they wouldn't understand it. Someone speaking Rohirric might understand a word or two, since Professor Tolkien equated Rohirric to Old English, but that would be about it. Having Charlotte not being able to communicate with Legolas verbally at first would add realism to the story and it would make her more relatable.

Another little bit of nitpickiness: Legolas's being ready to shoot seems rather aggressive. Yes, she is a strange creature to him and he is naturally wary, but she hasn't done anything threatening. I think that having Legolas keep a firm hold on his bow, alert and ready to nock an arrow to his bow when need arises would be more realistic. We don't level a gun at someone just because they look strange in real life, do we?

A couple typos that caught my eye:
'to get conferable' - should be 'comfortable'.
'young women' - should be 'woman'.
There's a space missing before 'trying to get comfortable'.
The full-stop after 'does she have here' should be a question mark.

Happy writing!