Reviews for Curing Dudley
lovewar66 chapter 1 . 6/12/2019
I am shooketh. I cant believe dud would stick around for that. This story is great so far.

Thanks

-love
Debvfr chapter 3 . 4/23/2016
Love reading tales of smaller characters and getting an insite into their world after the war
SpangleyPony chapter 3 . 7/5/2015
Some great ideas in this.
LanternLover23 chapter 1 . 4/27/2015
I hope Dudley gets skinner.
wrappedinharry chapter 3 . 2/5/2015
Well, I am glad for Dudley that he finally fits in somewhere, though once again I do find the total personality transfortmation a bit hard to take: that bullying, small-minded Dudley could not only fall for a witch, but a physically disabled one is nothing short of miraculous. But Petunia has reverted to type in this chapter...I was sure her 'niceness' was an aberration. She was positively rude to the three witches.

Why did Big D's wand only cost 3 galleons when Harry's cost him 7; I suppose it's because so many people are hurting financially after the war. But Mr Ollivander would be suffering too and 3 galleons is less than half waht he used to charge.

I didn't think Petunia would stay away from Vernon for too long. Dudley seems to be just as unaffected by the distancing from his parents as they are from him.

I always pictured James as having dark hair like Harry...same as Albus. Mind you, this might be because redheaded men don't really do anything for me at all. Little boys are OK, but they grow up. And this is coming from someone who is a redhead. LOL.

I'm sure you know by now that I have copied and pasted these reviews over at SIYE so that your review count over there is increased by 3.

wrappedinharry chapter 2 . 2/4/2015
Hmm, I'm afraid I found Both Harry and Ginny to be very OOC in this chapter. I can't believe that Harry's bitterness didn't show through and as for Ginny...this is a redhead, a Weasley and Molly's daughter and to be so accepting of the woman who made the boy she loves, life an absolute misery all the time he was growing up I can't imagine she wouldn't have let her ire show through. Ginny Weasley is a very feisty lady; she wouldn't have made the grade as a national and international Quidditch player otherwise.

Petunia too, I think, would have been very stiff and formal and a lot more disapproving of Ginny, just as she always was of Harry. She showed her disdain of the females who might be helping Dudley and Ginny must have also reminded her a little of Lily...both redheaded witches.

I think Harry's attitude at Grimmauld Place was more to the point and it just seems so strange that he went full circle from being bitter and angry to actually liking his aunt.

I would have liked to see some more fireworks, certainly from Ginny.

wrappedinharry chapter 1 . 2/4/2015
I like the way you have started this tale just after the dementoids-dementy-whatsit-demented-thingies attack and progressed through time from there. It is appalling that Petunia and Vernon covered up Dudley's accidental magic and even more appalling that they punished Harry for ALL the accidental magic that went on in the house. Vernon would have loved that; it must have felt good that he finally had an outlet for the frustration that Dudley's powers must have engenedered in him. I am surprised that Harry didn't ever see any sign of Dudley's latent talents, but then I suppose he was too busy trying to outrun Dudley and his gang all the time.

Dedalus is to be commended for convincing Dudley that his magic was in no way freakish and in teaching the young wizard how to harness his power. That Petunia's jealousy of Lily would spill over and influence her feelings for her son is just so sad. Petunia is in fact the one most at fault IMO because she was the one who grew up with a magical person and she was the one who would have influenced Vernon's (and then Dudley's) opinion that magic was a freakish thing and not to be tolerated under any circumstances.

At least Petunia isn't able to just turn her love for her son off like a switch, but it appears as if Vernon is able to do just that...but then, he was probably a bully as a child and teen, just like Dudley became. I did wonder why Dudley didn't hear from Hogwarts...but he did. He must be very bitter now that he has embraced magic so wholeheartedly that he may never reach ihis full potential as a wizard. But who knows, he might have ended up a bully at Hogwarts just like Crabbe and Goyle.

I don't know what Petunia thinks Harry can do to help Dudley though, and it doesn't seem as if Dudley's opinion of Harry has softened at all either.

Nicely written and a great premise...I have read one story where Dudley asks for Harry's help because his daughter is proven to be magical.

nayin17 chapter 3 . 12/5/2014
Oh no! Your James Sirius is a red haired Potter male
pottermind chapter 3 . 8/23/2014
Nice story:)
mysinger chapter 3 . 7/16/2014
I liked the person Dudley became. He couldn't change his parents, but he fought for his dreams anyway and achieved them. Good story!
mysinger chapter 2 . 7/16/2014
Good chapter! I suspected Petunia would have to leave Vernon if she wanted to help Dudley. I liked the meeting. You did a good job of keeping Petunia in character. I don't imagine she and Harry will ever be close, but at least she admits that she was wrong in the way she treated him and is making the right choice with her son. I thought it was interesting that she and Vernon kept Dudley's Hogwarts letter from him.
mysinger chapter 1 . 7/16/2014
Excellent story! I could just see Vernon treating Dudley the same way he had Harry if Dudley was a wizard. I wonder what Harry's reaction will be?
Yvonne Park chapter 3 . 4/26/2014
Great fic! I really enjoyed it. It's kinda fun thinking that Dudley might be a wizard. Great job! :)

-Yvonne
LoveSpock chapter 3 . 4/14/2014
I enjoyed your story. I'm glad that Dudley stood up for himself and followed his dreams. It's sad that his parents really never changed (except for his mom (for a while)).
Arrowkid21 chapter 3 . 12/5/2013
This is so good you deserve a lot more reviews. You really brought out Dursleys character and I like the fact Vernon and Petunia got back together I really can't see them without one another.